Start by marking “Hitched!” as Want to Read:
Hitched!

Hitched!

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Planning the most-talked-about wedding of the year is enough to break engineer Frith Taylor out in a cold sweat. She's used to construction sites, not wedding fairs! But estate manager George Challoner's offer of help is one that's too good to resist. George may be the rebel of the prestigious Challoner family, but his insanely good looks are giving Frith wedding fever! Ch...more
Published February 1st 2013 by Harlequin Kiss (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hitched!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hitched!

Andrea Guy
This is the second book from the new Kiss imprint that I've read, and I have to say, I think this imprint is a keeper especially if you like lighthearted contemporary romances that are really fun and just a little sexy.

The heat level for me falls between the Romance line and the Presents line, with the males not being quite so Alpha.

This book felt like it could be a Hallmark movie. Frith (I would like to know what kind of parent names her daughter Frith) is a career minded girl. A little to care...more
Desere
Jessica Hart always makes sure to capture the very hart of her readers and she has done so again!

In Hitched I discovered that this was one of those delightfully fun and easy reads,with the perfect Jessica Hart touches.

The characters were both very fun to read and each had very delightful surprises up their sleeves for the me as reader.

We have a workaholic "I always mess up everything " heroine and we have the utterly, devistantinly handsome hero that saves her from a "messy " situation.

Mrs Hart...more
Katie_la_geek
For this review and more visit my blog

I have really enjoyed the Harlequin Kiss collection so far and thought I was onto another winner with Hitched! It started so well and I loved the first quarter, but as I continued reading things got worse and worse to the point where I struggled to finish.

The first few pages had me laughing out loud and it all seemed cute, fluffy and funny. I really liked the characters. George is everything I like in a leading man; he is charming, sweet and funny. He was b...more
Kathie (katmom)
This was cute. Harlequin has started a KISS line and HITCHED by Jessica Heart is a lovely addition to it.

I rather liked the fact that our girl was a real professional in a man's world. She's the engineer on a construction site.

George is charming, but sad. He's been kicked to the curb by his family over doing the right thing. Made me want to smack them as much as it did Frith.

HITCHED follows along as most romances do, and that's why we read this type of book. This was a nice way to spend a coupl...more
Tali
I kind of struggled with this Modern Tempted book a bit and couldn't figure out why until I read the blurb advertising it: it's written in first person point of view and in this sort of book it just doesn't really work for me as a reader. Things that you could forgive looking at it from a bit of a distance, such as the main character Frith's self-consciousness and her struggle to look beyond her life plan to the thought of relationship, just seemed massively self-involved and a little whiny when...more
Deborah Wellenstein
A selection in the new Harlequin KISS series. Pretty ordinary.
Krystal

This was a cute read that actually spent some time on building the relationship between George and Firth instead of just rushing into it as is often the case with these types of books. I loved the relationship between Firth and her sister Saffron too, you could tell that they deeply cared for one another even when they were getting on each others nerves.

The one fault I did find with this book is that it was done all from Firth's point-of-view which I found less interesting than I would have foun...more
Nick

From time to time, I look for cute contemporaries to read in order to lighten my mood after a bad day. Hitched was the perfect cute contemporary because it oozed adorableness. It might be very predictable, but in the end it was just for entertainment.

Hitched! tells the story of Frith Taylor, an engineer, whose baby sister asks her to plan her wedding party. With the help of George, the uptight Frith, manages to plan the party, and along the way falling in love with him.

Frith was a very career-dr...more
Book Binge Blog
This story kind of reminded me of one of those Lifetime movies, or maybe a Hallmark movie? Whichever movies are lighthearted, a little cheesy but still cute. I don't think it's Lifetime because I keep seeing serial killers for husbands and domestic violence victims running away in my head for Lifetime movies. Anyway, this book was cute and of all of the Harlequin Kiss books that I've read, this one was my favorite.

Frith Taylor is an engineer who is more comfortable on a construction site than sh...more
Paris
Hitched! very much reminded me of a Jane Austen novel. The terminology used was very British which I admit sometimes lost me, but for the most part reminded me of some of my favorite books. The characters were very Austenesque as well. Roly, or Lord Whellersby, reminded me very much of Charles Bingley from Pride and Prejudice, awkward, yet adorable. Frith was very much Elizabeth Bennet, independent and determined even after she falls for the good looking George Challoner (a nicer Mr. Darcy). Fri...more
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Review:

Hitched! is the last of the Kiss launch titles that I read. Once again, it showed how much variety there is across the line. This one threw me though, because it is written in the first person POV, and I struggled with that. It screamed more Chick Lit to me than Harlequin Romance, and I found being constantly in Frith’s head, with no glimpses into what made George tick, disconcerting. I enjoy getting more input from the hero, and as I was only privy to Frith’s thoughts here, that wasn’t p...more
Lyndsey Rushby
It’s not very often I get chance to read adult books nowadays but I have a huge TBR pile and I’m going through it quite randomly at the minute. This one seemed like a quick and easy-going read at only 224 pages.

The protagonist of this book, Frith (I really hated her name) is a busy woman. She’s just taken on a huge project which she hopes will make it possible for her to get an amazing job overseas in the not too distant future. She has a plan you see, and doesn’t want to stray from it. I loved...more
Rhonda
4 STARS

Hitched is in the Harlequin brand new series called Kiss.
This book is flirty,fun has love scenes and lots of family problems. I liked it.

Frith is a engineer. She is overseeing a project on a estate. The estate manager has asked her out every time he sees her. She says no. They live on the estate in cottages that share a wall between them. She wants to be taken serious in a field that has a lot of men.

George is goodlooking and seems to be a fun guy. He always seems to be smileing. His good...more
Andrea Heltsley
This was a pretty fun, flirty and cute read. I love ready a book before bed that is pleasant and easy to read. This book was exactly that.

Frith is an interesting character. She seems so frazzled all the time. Then there is George and he always seems so calm, easy going and laid back. It drives Frith nuts and she keeps refusing his advances.

Then her sister enters the scene and she is a huge celebrity, the exact opposite of Frith. Regardless, Frith is the closest thing to a female figure in her li...more
Daniela
This book is a deceivingly light, fun little contemporary romance. She is a workaholic who has a 5 year plan for her career and love does not come into it. He is a happy-go-lucky, charming, funny, not-a-care-in-the-world kind of guy. The deception is that underneath both characters are deeply-hurt beings. She, Frith, is afraid to open up to love so as not to get hurt therefore is willing to leave instead of love. He, George, is hurt by a family that values reputation more than family and therefo...more
Susan
Good book. I really liked both Frith and George. Frith is an engineer working on a project in Yorkshire. She has a life plan for the next five years and no intention of straying from it. She is organized to an insane degree and as a result doesn't have much fun. George is the estate manager who is constantly in her way. He is interested in her but she rebuffs him constantly. When her sister shows up needing her help to plan her wedding George steps in to help.

Frith was an interesting character....more
Rowena
This story kind of reminded me of one of those Lifetime movies, or maybe a Hallmark movie? Whichever movies are lighthearted, a little cheesy but still cute. I don’t think it’s Lifetime because I keep seeing serial killers for husbands and domestic violence victims running away in my head for Lifetime movies. Anyway, this book was cute and of all of the Harlequin Kiss books that I’ve read, this one was my favorite.

Julie Bonello
Two polar opposites find themselves falling head over heels in love in Jessica Hart’s irresistible first-person romance for Harlequin Kiss, Hitched!

Frith Williams doesn’t like to leave anything to chance. Hard-working, conscientious and determined, the dedicated engineer is driven to succeed and has her future all mapped out. She wants to get a big construction job under her belt, and then once she’s gained the necessary experience, she plans to leave England behind and head overseas. Relationsh...more
Hsiau Wei
This book tells the story of Frith, a civil engineer taking care of a project in an estate where George works as estate manager. He is attracted to Frith and has asked her on several occasions, out for date but was ignored by her. Frith have a five years plan which she intends to follow thru and it does not contained time for love relationship. Enter Saffron, her younger half sister who thought of nothing else but her wedding. She has no one to plan her hen party and have requested her sister, F...more
Anncleire
“Hitched” è uno di quei libri che ho aggiunto in uno dei miei soliti matti rush e che ho lasciato a bollire in pentola per lungo tempo, essendomene completamente dimenticata. Non avevo neanche letto la trama, come mi capita spesso. Una sera che avevo voglia di romanticismo l’ho preso in mano e ne ho iniziato la lettura, divorandolo in breve tempo. Come si fa a dire di no ad una romance? Io no di certo, sono completamente innamorata di libri del genere anche se totalmente impossibili da applicare...more
Ginny Lurcock
Dude. That blurb sucks. It sucks worse every time I read it too. I don���t remember Frith planning her own wedding even once. And what the fuck kind of name is Frith anyways?

In spite of my miff with Frith *gigglesnort* I really enjoyed this book. This is one of those stories where once the girl actually gives into the guy���s advances, they have a pretty solid relationship. Unfortunately Frith just doesn���t see how it fits in her five year plan.

Ugh, I just read the blurb again. I REALLY fucking...more
Corinne Rodrigues
The practical and ambitious site engineer, Frith is determined to focus on her career and not let romance get in the way. The seemingly laid-back estate manager, George Challoner is equally determined to woo her. Frith’s life gets complicated by the sudden arrival of her flighty and famous model sister. She finds herself landed with the task of organizing her sister’s hen’s night party. George Challoner is charming and helpful. However, at the party, his sordid past is revealed. How Frith and Ge...more
Yazmin
Hitched! by Jessica Hart is a sweet and fun read that you leave you wanting more.

Frith Taylor is a construction engineer not a wedding planner! She is used to being charged and keeping everything in a very detailed and tight control. But everything is about to get out of her control, when her sister shows up crying about a disaster in her wedding plans. Now Frith will have to find a way to keep her sister’s wedding and her job going according to plan.

George Challoner is the son of the Bank Chall...more
Karen
The characters didn't feel quite like real people. There was a cute running gag, I like how he helped her integrate into his workplace, and the book demonstrates feminist tendencies, which are pluses.
Whe Garcia
Well, this story started as slow read but I liked the way the story developed. I liked that the story leads felt like ordinary people as opposed to fictional characters with perfect lives.
Claudia
This was a nice, quick, romantic read. I liked both - Frith and George. they were both shaped characters with ups and downs in their life and both reacted differentely to their personal challenges.

what made it only three stars was, that it started out great with laughing-out-loud moments and real chemistry. but both faded till the end and left me a bit unsatisfied.

nevertheless, something for rainy afternoons if you are on the look-out for a sweet romance
Modesty_b
The story was good and sometimes you can guess the way it was going...loved the heroine and her SMART goals :P
Animalia
This is a fun light read that is perfect if you want something light and breezy. The hero and heroine are a delight but the hero was swoon-worthy.

Some complaints I have about the book, I felt that it should have had the hero's POV not just the heroine's. I kept wanting to read about the hero's thoughts of situations Also I felt that the heroine was way too negative throughout the book, I got about the fourth or fifth time that she doesn't think she is worth much and that feelings are not part of...more
June
This is a new line that Harlequin has come out with recently and I think I like it. This one takes place in England with a girl who's a civil engineer and a guy who is from a banking family but his integrity got him kicked out of the families good graces. Although she's very standoffish with him at first they are able to work through some tough times together, working on her half-sisters wedding plans. I enjoyed the characters and the story line.

Although there is a sexual relationship, it didn't...more
Carla Cabrera
I have mixed feeling about this book. I enjoyed the story line. What I didn't like was how the intimate seems were cut off. The scene of their first kiss had more passion than the intimate scenes. I've read many books by other authors that chose the "closed door" approach which is fine. I just think this author did a poor job of it. The scenes seemed so abrupt.
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
  • The Downfall of a Good Girl (LaBlanc Sisters, #1)
  • First Time for Everything
  • The One That Got Away
  • The Secret Wedding Dress
  • What the Paparazzi Didn't See
  • One More Sleepless Night
  • Driving Her Crazy
  • Once is Never Enough
  • The First Crush is the Deepest (Girls Just Want to Have Fun #1)
  • All Bets Are On
  • The Right Mr. Wrong (Modern Tempted)
  • Too Close for Comfort
  • Anything but Vanilla...
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Fiance by Fate (Anyone But You, #1)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
  • Fearless
After a haphazard career spent working and travelling around the world, I stumbled into romance writing as a way to fund a PhD. My first book, A Sweeter Prejudice, came out in 1991, and since then I've written a further 59 books, some of which have won awards in the US and the UK.
I live in York, a historic city in the north of England, and waste the best part of my days planning trips away or on...more
More about Jessica Hart...
Ordinary Girl in a Tiara Cinderella's Wedding Wish Newlyweds of Convenience Oh-So-Sensible Secretary Mr. (Not Quite) Perfect