Start by marking “Blood of the Sorceress” as Want to Read:
Blood of the Sorceress

Blood of the Sorceress (The Portal #3)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  325 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
www.ThePortalBooks.comwww.MaggieShayn...

From "New York Times" bestselling author Maggie Shayne comes the final novel in her thrilling new trilogy,

THE PORTAL

Their Love was destiny.

Was a curse to be their undoing?

As an ancient king's favorite harem slave, Lilia committed the worst of all possible crimes: loving another man. When the king discovered her treason, her lover was
Published February 1st 2013 by Harlequin Mira (first published January 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Blood of the Sorceress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood of the Sorceress

Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:
*eARC received from NetGalley

Immediately upon finishing this book my exact words were: "Whoa! I've read a lot of good books in my time. A LOT. Heck, I've read a ton of amazing Maggie Shayne books! But The Portal series has literally blown me away, and this installment..... I'm speechless right now. It literally took my breath away, made my heart pound so hard it almost hurt, and gave me goosebumps besides. Absolutely incredible!!"
Yukino
Oct 09, 2014 Yukino rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2014
Serie The Portal n. 3
Lettura E&L

Finalmente ho finito questo libro.
Tre stelle perchè sono generosa, anzi no facciamo due. Alla fine l'idea non è male, il problema è come è stato scritto.

Noioso, senza colpi di scena (a parte le ultime pagine), personaggi senza spina dorsale (vedi Demetrius) piagiucolosi (vedi Lilia)un cattivo che boh sempra più un nonnetto con le paturnie, e gli altri inesistenti. Si lo so l'ho demolito, ma è che mi aspettavo di più nn solo da questo volume, ma da tutta la ser
Alicia
Jan 30, 2013 Alicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Blood of the Sorceress was the final book in the Portal Series and I am so sad to see it end. Lilia and her sisters will forever be in my heart.

Maggie Shayne is a true sorceress when it comes to the written word. Her imagination is genuine and her ability to craft a magical world filled with such love and power is unrivaled. The Portal series is undeniably the most extraordinary witchcraft story on the market today.

Blood of the Sorceress had me sitting on the edge of my seat with a prayer in my
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review Courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

With BLOOD OF THE SORCERESS, Maggie Shayne’s passionate and dramatic The Portal series concludes in the most intense, action packed, and deeply romantic book yet. Lilia and Demetrius’ love spans eons from Ancient Babylon to modern day New York, continuing the series themes of reincarnation, identity, and above all else redemption.

As much as I’ve enjoyed this series and its love conquers all message, there were a few parts that didn’t sit as well with me
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Posted on Bewitching Bibliophile

Rated:4.5 Stars
I'm totally in love with this series, these books are just amazing. I can't wait to here more from the sisters again. I really enjoyed reading this book, and having the whole story come together. I laughed with the characters and could totally understand why the rest of the family wasn't on his side at first, I mean just the history there is almost too much to make trusting him easy. Even with that history they were willing to back their
Rhonda
Jan 21, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood of the Sorceress by Maggie Shayne
4 STARS
Blood of the Sorceress is book 3 in The Portal series.
It does a good job tying up the loose ends and filling in the blank spots. Thier is a few love scenes in the book that I skipped over. Thier was plenty of drama,romance,magic and action.
The characters that in previous books that I really did not care about I learned to care and see why they acted that way. The new characters especially Gus and Sid I liked.
Demetrius is now free naked and alone. H
Kt
Jan 02, 2013 Kt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted on my blog: A Book Obsession..

For thirty-five hundred years Lilia has been trapped between worlds while her sisters reincarnated over and over again. She's been waiting for the right moment to set into motion the events that will bring her lover back from the hell he was sentenced to. And now that moment has finally come, but not without complications as once he was revived without any memory, he quickly slipped out of Lilia's grasp and into a life of greed, pleasure, an
Olimpia
Jan 25, 2013 Olimpia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic finale to the Portal Series. I really enjoyed reading them all. Each were related to the other, but also very different from each other.

This one centers on Demetrius and Lilia, to the actual two people that this tale begins with.

Demetrius finally being free, but not free. His senses and feelings on things we take for granted is filtered. He can’t enjoy what most humans feel until he receives the last piece of his soul. Lilia holds that piece, but Demetrius doesn’t know if he can trust
Mary
Jan 22, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as an e-arc from Netgalley for my honest review. This book was AMAZING!! By far the best out of the entire Portal series. Many questions were answered that I had from reading the other books in this series. The whole series was tied together perfectly in this one book. It had me on the edge of my seat up until the end and I couldn’t have asked for a better read. Of course I love all of Maggie’s books but I have completely fallen in love with this entire series. It will defin ...more
Angel
I received a review copy of this book through Netgalley. So glad I did because I don't know if I could have been able to handle the wait after finishing Daughter of the Spellcaster - which I also loved.

This entire series is amazing. It has everything I want in a book - lots of magic and action, good guys fighting evil beings, a beautiful, intense romance that transcends through time (3,500 years). I liked the characters so much, by the time I was finished with the book, I felt like they were my
Michelle
Jan 13, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know when you read a book and you get so enthralled in the story that you curl up into a wee ball and bite the head off anyone who tries to talk to you or interupt your reading? Well that was me with this book. After a few pages I got sucked in right until the end. My muscles are still all sore!

I absolutely loved this. From start to finish it was everythng I hope it would be. I can't lie & say I didn't see how the story would go cause I did, even the little twists. I can say that this is
Carrie Felton
Jan 31, 2014 Carrie Felton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story! It was the perfect ending to this trilogy! Everyone was present and everything was resolved. I loved Gus, especially at the end, even though he was kinda random at the beginning! I love that all of the connections that have been made from the very beginning were explained and finished out! Maggie Shayne does a terrific job!
Mel
Aug 27, 2013 Mel rated it did not like it
I read and reviewed Mark of the Witch and Daughter of the Spellcaster, the first two books in The Portal trilogy. Mark of the Witch was a fantastic beginning and I was super excited about the series until reading Daughter of the Spellcaster.

Daughter of the Spellcaster was just as bad as Mark of the Witch was good. After reading and being so disappointed in Daughter of the Spellcaster I had no relatively no interest in reading Blood of the Sorceress but hoped that Maggie Shayne would end the ser
Patti Ashley
Sad, it is coming to an end

One more left.Each harem girl has told her story and fixed the mistakes that led to her death.Past and present are tied together perfectly by the author.
Kameron
Feb 22, 2013 Kameron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't too shocked with whom reincarnated into Father Dom's body, but Gus, yup that was a total shocker. I absolutely adore authors who can surprise their readers so with that unexpected twist, this story deserved a 5 star rating.

Demetrius and Lilia, their journey back together didn't wow me but not every love story can be an earth shattering journey. Even though I wasn't completely blown away by these two, I still liked their tale and how the Portal Series ended or is this really the end. Th
Rita
Jan 24, 2014 Rita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart Pounding Good! Wow! Third book in the series and it did not disappoint. I was reading thinking this has to end good, it's the last in the series, but Whoa...I was freaking out it was so intense! Maggie Shayne, don't do that to me...OK, you can do again. It was so good! Each book was awesome but this one is over the top! And did it tease that there was a possible next book..Oh I hope so.
Martina Nix Govoni
Insomma, è stato un po' una delusione, poteva essere molto meglio.
Ben
Mar 30, 2013 Ben rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was an awesome series couldn't put it down, her storytelling weaves the story so seamlessly I just had to read all three books together but I did love this one the best the relationship between Demetrius and Lilia just felt more solid then it had in the previous two books. The passion also came across more strongly in this book then it did in the other two, the villains though we're creative it was more psychological then overt. A series I well recommend.
Keelynn Hardy
I've arranged my thoughts on this novel into a haiku:

"Powerful as love,
A rift in friendship's fabric
Preserves shame and guilt."
GONZA
May 04, 2014 GONZA rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I eventually finished this series, Im more happy about that than satisfied for the books that were part of that series, I wonder why I keep on reading from times to times.

Ho finalmente finito questa serie e sono piú felice di questo che dei libri che ne facevano parte, a volte (spesso) mi chiedo perché continuo a leggerli.
Alexandra Shoni
Mar 15, 2013 Alexandra Shoni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Compared to the previous books in the series which give a mix of the logical reality versus fantastic magic, this book is all about raw emotion and pure magic all around making reality what it is.
A captivating story that at least kept me reading, just wanting to know how this long and hard journey would finally end!
Angela
Mar 07, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book! Maggie Shayne creates a world of wonder and mystery. Wrapping paranormal, romance, humor, and drama/action all into one with this book (all three books in The Portal series). Grabs your attention from the start and holds it through untill the very end!!! Highly recommended series!
Kayla Bruner
Mar 29, 2013 Kayla Bruner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always feel very drawn into Maggie Shayne's books and this one is no exception. The characters of Lilia and Demitrius are compelling and it's a page-turner in every way. I really liked the ending twist and continue to admire Maggie Shayne's fantasy and romance.
Cami
A nice ending to an interesting trilogy. Parts of it really didn't make sense but I'm glad it all ended ok.
Bernie Morris
So the price of immortality and power would be not to appreciate, feel or taste anything - to have no experience of pleasure or happiness? Would you settle for that?
Michelle Hammond
First few pages I wasn't too sure but soon became hooked. Found myself routing for good to triumph above evil. A very good read. Will look out for more by the author.
Lisa
Mar 25, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I reaaly liked this series! I like how it left it open for possible future books as well. I would definitely read more books about the sisters!
Teresa
Aug 24, 2013 Teresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Great story. I enjoyed this one the most out of the three. Shayne has a way with words that brings the story and characters to life.
Angela
Jan 23, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very satisfying finish to this trilogy! And hoping there's more where this came from!
Alexandra
Aug 01, 2013 Alexandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good ending to the trilogy but i think i expected a bit more . Still , good wrap up .
  • Guarding the Princess
  • The Officer Breaks The Rules (Semper Fi, #2)
  • Menage on 34th Street
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • Homefront Hero
  • Tempestuous Eden
  • Starstruck Romance and Other Hollywood Tails: A Second Acts Novel
  • With Grace
  • Charming Blue (Fates, #8)
  • Beyond the Moon (In the Company of Vampires #3)
  • Candle And The Crossroads: A Book of Appalachian Conjure and Southern Root-Work
  • Stolen
  • Dark Magic
  • Darkness Eternal (Guardians of Eternity, #7.5)
  • Crossing the Line
  • Claws Bared (Blood of the Pride, #2)
  • Desire the Night
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...

The Portal (4 books)
  • Legacy of the Witch (The Portal, #0.5)
  • Mark of the Witch (The Portal, #1)
  • Daughter of the Spellcaster (The Portal, #2)