Start by marking “Threads of Desire” as Want to Read:
Threads of Desire

Threads of Desire (Spellcraft #1)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Guild-trained weaver Ily is furious her rival Kal, a smug yet wickedly sexy rug merchant, outsells her at every turn. She knows her magically crafted rugs are far superior to anything he can produce, but can't compete with his charming personality.

When Kal fixes his lusty attentions on Ily, she is reluctantly aroused by his interest. She knows he desires her and against he
ebook
Published January 1st 2013 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Threads of Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Threads of Desire

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Um, this book didn't work for me. I hate to be a party pooper but I couldn't get into this paranormal erotica book. The sex was so sudden and weirdly worked into the story, and the world building was not up to par. I wanted something more well thought out and this wasn't it for me. The writing wasn't bad per say just not my taste. I kept putting the book down, and I had to force myself to read a few pages each time I picked it up. Not very promising. I'm sure some people will enjoy this story be ...more
Stephanie
ORIGINAL POST at Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust

THREADS OF DESIRE
Do you like short works of erotic romance?

Threads of Desire
by Eleri Stone
Carina Press
36,000 words
ISBN9781426894978
E-book
E-Galley loaned by Carina via NetGalley Galley.
No remuneration was exchanged.
Except as noted, all opinions herein are my own.

Pub Date Jan 21 2013

Cinzia
Sono rimasta decisamente incantata dalla nuova short novel di Eleri Stone "Threads of desire", tanto da divorarla durante un pomeriggio di lettura, assaporandone la magia, la sensualità e la bellezza dei personaggi durante la lettura. Il mondo in cui e' ambientata la storia mi ha catapultato in un luogo che mi ricordava "Le mille e una notte", ma anche uno di quei mercati presenti nel mondo arabo. Forse il fatto che Ily e' una tessitrice e parte del libro e' ambientato in un mercato mi ha creato ...more
Nicole Luiken
Read in an afternoon. Fantasy romance with the plot falling mostly on the romance side of the line. An interesting world with magic channelled into the arts and ruled by guilds. Lots of tension and heat between the two main characters, Kal, a rich merchant with opaque motives, and Ily, a master weaver who's outcast from her guild.
Quibble: The villain was dispatched a little easily.
Ana Luisa
I have to be honest with my blog readers, I can’t find a way to finish reading this book.
At my first approach with this book, I believed that I had a wonderful story ahead of me. I was reading a synopsis which seemed to promise so much and the beautiful cover made me think that I would have a great way to spend my next hours dreaming about a new world, full of magic. Unfortunately, and now is the time not to judge a book by its cover, nothing happened like I was planning mainly because the book
Shauni

Threads of Desire is a delightful little novella about mages and magic, greed and corruption, power and abuse, love and family and most of all what one man will sacrifice for his child.

After having escaped from the depravity of the Guild, Ily has accepted that her best chance for survival is sell what she can, hoard her money and run to the outer provinces. She knows her work is superior, she knows no one in the marketplace she has been forced to survive in can out weave her. She is one of only
Tahlia Newland
As in any romance, the tension is in what keeps the lovers apart, or stops them from committing to each other. In this instance, Ily is a virtual pauper from the street and Kal is a rich man, but Ily's mistrust of powerful men is the more potent issue. Ms Stone handles the emotional/psychological aspects of her characters well, and it's this skill that makes her erotica stand above the mediocre.

She tells us very little about the world we find ourselves in, instead the culture of the world is rev
Thanh Tran
Quick read with great characters. I personally thought the author could've developed the characters further. The protagonists had some depth and like-able.
Linda
Quite a short read but I really like it. Wonderful chemistry btwn the H/H & the writing flowed well which made it an enjoyable read. Little of an Arabian nites flavor to the story. Would have like a bit more depth & length to the story but overall I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasy romance (a lot of sex scenes tho)
Kim
A Little deeper than a typical romance, very good!
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Heather Heal
Heather Heal marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Cindy Warner
Cindy Warner marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Karina Sumner-Smith
Karina Sumner-Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
LiteraryLover
LiteraryLover marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Rock Chick
Rock Chick marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Jennifer beck
Jennifer beck marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Knight Squire
Knight Squire marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
noemi
noemi marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
4193895
Eleri Stone is a RITA-nominated author of fantasy and paranormal romance. Born and raised in New Jersey, she now lives in Iowa with her husband and their three children. All of her stories have some element of speculative fiction to them and they all end with a happily-ever-after.
More about Eleri Stone...

Spellcraft (2 books)
  • The Shape of Temptation (Spellcraft, #2)
Mercy (Lost City Shifters, #1) Reaper's Touch Demon Crossings (Twilight of the Gods, #1) Redemption (Lost City Shifters, #2) Witch Bound (Twilight of the Gods, #2)