Start by marking “Learning to Love Math: Teaching Strategies That Change Student Attitudes and Get Results” as Want to Read:

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  5 reviews
A book that explains how negative attitudes toward math get established in the brain and what teachers can do to turn those attitudes around. Includes more than 50 strategies (suitable for any grade level) that give students a math attitude makeover, reduce mistake anxiety, and relate math to students' interests and goals.
ebook
Published September 1st 2010 by Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development (first published July 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Learning to Love Math, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learning to Love Math

Tracey
This book is full of information and ideas for a teacher to use the next day in class. I LOVED this book! What was really nice - it reaffirms my decision to use many of the strategies in the book. I have taught how the brain works to my students so that they understand why we do what we do to learn. This book mentions the importance of teaching students how their brain works! LOVE IT!

Many activities were given throughout the book that a teacher could use regularly.

This is a must for all math te
Aaron
Learning to Love Math has some excellent applications for a math classroom. However, it isn't necessarily what is contained in the book that I appreciated so much, but what it made me think about. Many of the strategies Judy Willis presented were for lower level math such as elementary school and would be very difficult to extend to high school. Therefore, much of the book missed the mark for me as a prospective high school math teacher. But the information between the strategies, that was great ...more
Michelle
This has some great teaching strategies in it, including teaching students about the brain. She also explains the brain's workings throughout the book so teachers can make math more pleasurable, thus, learning more! Great read!
Christa Wade
Another informative book from Judy WIllis, a former neuroscientist turned educator. Many of her ideas are applicable to a variety of situations and grade levels.
Rachel
This book was boring and not readable.
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Haneen
Haneen marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Jun 05, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Aida Mohammed
Aida Mohammed marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Angelynn Alvarez
Angelynn Alvarez marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Sara
Sara is currently reading it
Mar 12, 2015
Dag Kvittem
Dag Kvittem marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Patti
Patti is currently reading it
Jan 03, 2015
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Mj
Mj marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Nov 25, 2014
Kelli Pearson
Kelli Pearson marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Research-Based Strategies to Ignite Student Learning: Insights from a Neurologist and Classroom Teacher How Your Child Learns Best: Brain-Friendly Strategies You Can Use to Ignite Your Child's Learning and Increase School Success Teaching the Brain to Read: Strategies for Improving Fluency, Vocabulary, and Comprehension Brain-Friendly Strategies for the Inclusion Classroom Inspiring Middle School Minds: Gifted, Creative, and Challenging; Brain- And Research-Based Strategies to Enhance Learning for Gifted Students