Start by marking “Robert Asprin's Myth-Quoted” as Want to Read:
Robert Asprin's Myth-Quoted

Robert Asprin's Myth-Quoted (Myth Adventures #20)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  212 ratings  ·  18 reviews
A CAMPAIGN OF MYTH-INFORMATION Since it was founded, M.Y.T.H. Inc. has dealt with all manner of vile and evil creatures. But not even a magician of Skeeve's caliber is prepared to face the most duplicitous monsters of all: politicians. Emo Weavil and his cousin Wilmer Weavil-Scuttil have been running for governor of the island of Bokromi--for five years. Their magickal mud ...more
Published December 1st 2012 by Ace Books

To ask other readers questions about Robert Asprin's Myth-Quoted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Robert Asprin's Myth-Quoted

Joel Neff
Like the previous collaborations with Robert Asprin, Jody Lynn Nye's solo forays into the Myth universe are a little more pun-filled, a little more trope driven than the originals; whereas Asprin's books were genre spoofs set in this fantastical universe but still centered around an introspective Klahd and his Pervect mentor, the co-authored books are broader in scope and humor, aiming less for a specific genre and for more of a general comedy that happens to center around a theme. Not that this ...more
Walt
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I have been reluctant in my fan-dom for the joint Asprin and Nye books; and slightly less when Nye took on the series entirely after Asprin's death in 2008. However, in this book, Nye has done a masterful job in continuing the series. She has finely balanced Asprin's imagination and bawdiness with her own twists. Readers could easily regard this as another fine Asprin book.

The focus of this book is a political contest that has gone on for five years. Myth INC is
Kathy Sebesta
Ho-hum. When my kids were young, this series was the hands-down favorite. We even had a cat named Gleep (for those who haven't read the series, Gleep is an intelligent dragon who acts pretty dumb). Competition for a new book was fierce.

Unhappily, Robert Asprin died a number of years ago. He collaborated with Jody Lynn Nye, and now she's taken over two of his series (this and the Dragons series). And she just doesn't have what he had. The puns and funs aren't quite as punny and funny, the plottin
Marilyn Fontane
Myth-Quoted by Jody Lynn Nye isn't up to the standard of Robert Asprin's original Skeeve and Aahz books, but it is as good as any of the collaborations between Robert Asprin and Jody Lynn Nye. M.Y.T.H. Inc is hired to moderate an election Bokromi between two candidates, Emo Weavil and his cousin Wilmer Weavil-Scuttil. They had been running for five years and still hadn't held the election. All of the M.Y.T.H. personal are leery of working with anyone as disreputable as politicians, but they take ...more
Fred
A bittersweet experience for me, knowing that Robert Asprin is gone and this series is now in the hands of another writer. Granted, that writer is Jody L. Nye, who has co-written several of the Myth-Adventures over the last 10 years. As other reviews have mentioned, the fun of the series is the characters' interactions with each other, learning and collaborating together as a team. However, this time out, the Myth crew is reduced to just Skeeve and Bunny and Aahz barely registers a cameo until a ...more
Jonathan Bauer
I read the MYTH books avidly as a younger man and a boy as Robert Asprin was a favorite of my father. I enjoyed the adventures of Skeeve the Magnificent (ironically titled as he is the greenest of newbies) & his companion the disempowered Pervert (PerVECT) teacher Aahz. There was wit and substance and alas with Robert's death in 2008 I fear the spirit of these books has traveled with him. Here's hoping we find them both again, d-hopping in the great bazaar in the sky.
Jason L. Pruitt
Good job

Good job

This book was an enjoyable continuation of the Myth universe. I miss the creator of the series Mr Asprin. I started reading SF because his books. Phule's Company was the first book I ever read of his.
E.D.
I've read or listened to this series three or four times. I think that pretty much says it all.
Camille
I enjoyed this book, though I was thoroughly frustrated with the politicians; multiple times I had to put down the book and pace before I could read again - it almost made me stop reading. Overall, it was a good humorous novel that poked fun at politics. I intend to find some other books by this author.
Bob
As of the other MYTH books of late, the book focuses on an aspect of modern life pushed into the Mythverse. This time: Politics and the Media. It took a while to get into the book, but somewhere about midway it became fun for me. There's also a couple bits that Jody has set up to explore in future books.
Korry Thorpe
I enjoyed the book, I have to admit that it read very much like all the ones authored or co-authored by Robert Lynn Asprin (RIP). Jody Lynn Nye seems to have a very good feel for the characters and I look forward to reading more of this series from her.
JT
Don't know why I bothered. My problem with this series is lack of character growth. Skeeve still acts like a child, misunderstanding every move or thought of his friends. I guess it's done for comic relief, but it isn't funny and makes the plot predictable.
Brett
At times this felt as a rehash of one of the Dragons Wild books with the mysterious sabotage constantly occurring. Later this book came into its own and was an improvement over the previous Myth book.
Michael Perry
Not the stories I remember from back when. This tried to be a political satire, ok, it is a satire, but the story plodded along for me. I can't give it a recommendation
Stevenivan
I'm losing faith. Nye has the general flavor down, but there is no *growth* in the characters. Soap opera city.
Joni
Jody Lynn Nye is doing an excellent job holding up the Myth series as I remember it. Thank you. :)
[redacted by S.H.I.E.L.D.]
Nice, quick, funny read. Comfort food.
Nyx
Nyx marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Ravenfire
Ravenfire marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Oliver
Oliver marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
  • Myth-Fortunes (Myth Adventures, #19)
  • Reanimators
  • Ghosts of War (The Ghost, #2)
  • Astonishing X-Men: Gifted Prose Novel
  • Batman: Fear Itself
Jody Lynn Nye lists her main career activity as ‘spoiling cats.’ When not engaged upon this worthy occupation, she writes fantasy and science fiction books and short stories.

Before breaking away from gainful employment to write full time, Jody worked as a file clerk, book-keeper at a small publishing house, freelance journalist and photographer, accounting assistant and costume maker.

For four year
More about Jody Lynn Nye...

Myth Adventures (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Another Fine Myth (Myth Adventures, #1)
  • Myth Conceptions (Myth Adventures, #2)
  • Myth Directions (Myth Adventures, #3)
  • Hit or Myth (Myth Adventures, #4)
  • Myth-ing Persons (Myth Adventures, #5)
  • Little Myth Marker (Myth Adventures, #6)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. Link (Myth Adventures, #7)
  • Myth-Nomers and Im-Pervections (Myth Adventures, #8)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. in Action (Myth Adventures, #9)
  • Sweet Myth-Tery of Life (Myth Adventures, #10)
The Dragonlover's Guide to Pern Dragonharper: A Crossroads Adventure in the world of Anne McCaffrey's Pern The Ship Errant (Brainship, #6) Mythology 101 Don't Forget Your Spacesuit, Dear