Start by marking “Wit'ch Star (The Banned and the Banished, #5)” as Want to Read:
Wit'ch Star (The Banned and the Banished, #5)

Wit'ch Star (The Banned and the Banished #5)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  2,887 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
The three deadly Weirgates are destroyed, but the threat of the Dark Lord remains. And so Elena and her companions have gone their separate ways to prepare for what is yet to come. Elena herself has journeyed to the beautiful city of A'loa Glen, there to recover her strength and spirit.

Enter Harequin Quail.

Some might call him a fool, but the little main in the jester's sui
Published November 4th 2003 by Del Rey Books (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Wit'ch Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wit'ch Star

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Wow...just freakin WOW!!

The first thing I have to get off my chest is the narrator of the story. Before each book, we get a little story of the writer of these retellings of the wi'tch in which he is cursed of immortality until he writes the story of Elena and her friends.

Now, I thought I knew who it was throughout all the books until this one...then I changed who I thought it was....then I was proved wrong. I absolutely LOVED being wrong and then surprised at the end.

Now, on to the story...so,
Katie
May 09, 2010 Katie rated it it was amazing
Wit’ch Star is a worthy finale to a wonderful fantasy series. I cannot recommend it enough. The Banned and the Banished series never became repetitive, and the character development throughout the books is a pleasure to experience. Even the plot of these books remained fresh; Clemens is able to avoid some of the major pitfalls many fantasy authors unfortunately fall into when attempting epic fantasy. >Wit’ch Star is also one of the best conclusions to a series I have ever read; everything is ...more
Ahmad Sharabiani
Wit'ch Star (The Banned and the Banished #5), James Clemens

Nathan Burgoine
Jan 01, 2013 Nathan Burgoine rated it really liked it
This is the final (fifth) book in the Banned and the Banished series, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Clemens is not afraid to put his characters through the wringer, and his early-on death of some of the major characters in earlier books leaves you astounded at the fragility of it all. Given that the story is also being told by someone else, many many many (like, immortal-many) years later, you also know that something semi-bad happens at the end already, but it might be the narrative voice's bitt ...more
Donna
Apr 08, 2010 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010, fantasy
Good conclusion to the series. All the characters have their parts to play and there is a good buildup to the final battle. A new character was introduced although he didn't really feel very necessary. It did seem to end a little abruptly, but I confess to wanting to know how everybody's lives turned out; after five books I'd like to know everyone lived happily ever after. :)

I do like that the series actually does come to an end instead of just continuing forever. Remember when fantasy came out
Kai
May 19, 2010 Kai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
What a fabulous series. All the bits that needed tying up were and everything made sense. It hurt when characters were killed off, but hey, that's the way it should be. I'm off to see what else Clemens has published. Have to say I'ma little sad I've finished this series.
Cyndie
Nov 21, 2011 Cyndie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ce tome clos une série époustouflante ! On ne s'ennuie pas une seule seconde, on est à la porte du mal comme les personnages, en attendant la fin, une fin qui est loin d'être rose d'ailleurs (si vous passez l'expression).
Très bonne découverte, certainement une des meilleures série de fantasy.
Shannon Wilson
Aug 16, 2012 Shannon Wilson rated it it was amazing
The ending was a little outside of what I would expected, but I was definitely intrigued in it and enjoyed it.
Sven
Jul 27, 2012 Sven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Gelukkig is het slot van de reeks beter dan het vorige deel.
Een mooie afsluiter van een prachtige reeks.
Joann
May 11, 2010 Joann rated it it was amazing
I was so sorry to see this series end. I fall in love with the characters and just what it to go on forever. I may now have to read one of his other series.
Barefootinthedirt
Jan 17, 2009 Barefootinthedirt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
Gripping to the very end. I was sorry to have finished. Luckily, I have managed to get my mom into the series :)
Arya ethen
Oct 27, 2015 Arya ethen rated it it was amazing
It was an amazing story .cool.
I loved it
Caiti
Oct 31, 2012 Caiti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Coffee table fantasy enjoyers
Without a doubt, I have to start this off by saying this is the best of the Banned and the Banished series. Something seemed to change between book 3 and book 4 - the writing had vastly improved and the characters were actually showing some semblance of depth and development. It was a refreshing uplift to the entire series.

Wit'ch Star followed through with that, and the writing quality - as far as it goes for this series - was very spot on. Obviously still not perfect - no writing is. But consid
Nanet
Jan 08, 2017 Nanet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un bien joli tome pour conclure la saga. Si je suis restée un peu pantoise devant les toutes dernières explications, l'ensemble est agréable à lire et l'évolution des personnages très convaincante.
Neil Davis
Jan 10, 2017 Neil Davis rated it it was amazing
The Epic finale
Kerrie Hinton
Jun 21, 2015 Kerrie Hinton rated it really liked it
I have read the whole series of the “Wit’ch” books twice now, and while I have to say they are good stories, very creative with a lot happening, I find the writing style to be a little annoying at times, with the author alternating between an easy reading, practical style to a more flowery mode bordering on heroic. I got the impression he was trying a bit too hard to be clever.
There are numerous adventures within the whole series but the writer draws each episode out as far as he can by bogging
Harold Shaver
I first read this series many years ago when I first got into digital reading and was the proud possessor of a Palm VIIx with, if I recall correctly a 256mb Compact Flash card in it that I stored apps and books on. Damn those were the days! In any case to show you just how compelling these books were, I read all five of the quite lengthy tomes on the minuscule screen of that Palm Pilot device. They were in the Palm .PDB format and were acquired from the then fledgling, now departed (it has since ...more
Vodis
Mar 17, 2014 Vodis rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Ici s'achève notre histoire.

Et personne ne le regrettera, peut-être le génie de l'auteur consistait-il à nous donner envie de nous arrêter à ce stade de l'histoire... Si c'est le cas c'est réussi. Je n'ai pour ma part pas du tout envie de savoir ce qui est arrivé aux héros après la dernière page.

A vrai dire, je pense que l'histoire aurait pu s'arreter au tome précédent. A part les éléments concernant les métamorphe, et peut-être un peu le dénouement vis à vis de Tol Chuk, je trouve que ce tome n
Matt
Nov 21, 2015 Matt rated it it was amazing
Joel Flank
Nov 08, 2013 Joel Flank rated it really liked it
Clemens brings the Banned and the Banished series to a satisfying conclusion. After destroying 3 of the 4 weirgates that allows the dark lord to tap into near limitless power of a cosmic being, Elanna and her companions prepare to bring the final battle to him. Unfortunately, their plans are thrown into disarray when they learn they have little more than a month before his plans to corrupt the very lifeblood of the planet come to fruition.

As they scramble to gather sufficient forces to deal wit
Sarah Briggs
Jun 26, 2013 Sarah Briggs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(This review may contain spoilers).

I thought this was a good ending to the series. Not everything was perfect, but it all worked really well.

I was sad about what happened to some of the characters. I would have liked to see some sort of resolution with certain characters - Shorkan springs to mind. I almost wonder if he could have been made whole again... and what would have gone through his mind if so.

Tol'chuk has remained my favourite character throughout the series, though I liked a lot of oth
Ashley White
Feb 23, 2014 Ashley White rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fantasy Lovers
The Conclusion to the Banned and Bannished series left me aching and breathless. The characters are purely human and emotion shines through even at the worst of times. You can't help but feel it all as intense moments are around every chapter, and magic and corruption springs off the pages.
The ending, although it was the final conclusion and you are left of no doubt there is no more left... still, blatantly tells you there is more. Something not yet spoken, something not yet happening, and you
Iben
Wit'ch Star is the conclusion to the five book series by James Clemens. It tells the reader how Elena, her friends and her armies attempt to free Chi and save the world from the Dark Lord.

I am quite taken with this series. Despite the plot not being original the way the books are written seems to make the story very unique.
I am not going to go into a lot of detail, seeing as if you have made this far you know how well the story flows and how the characters are well rounded.
A particular feature
Lizza11
En alweer het laatste deel van deze epische serie.
Net zoals in de vorige boeken gebeurde er weer erg veel, maar hield de schrijver het binnen de perken waardoor het verhaal altijd vlot en weer spannend bleef.

Bij sommige dingen vond ik alleen wel dat het nogal vaag bleef. Dat stuk met het stoom van de berg (met Sywen, Kast en Hunt) en dat met die bloem. Er zat in mijn ogen niet echt logica achter waarom dat opeens kon gebeuren. Maar goed, dat was ook niet storend ofzo, ik vroeg het me net opeens
Gea
Sep 21, 2013 Gea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Dit boek heb ik toch maar even gelezen voor Sneeuwwitje moet sterven van Nele Neuhaus aangezien mijn ereader leeg was en ik net op het punt stond naar bed te gaan. En zonder een paar bladzijden te hebben gelezen doe ik geen oog dicht. Dus dit boek maar even uit de kast gehaald. Hij was weer leuk maar ik moet eerlijk bekennen dat ik de vorige vier delen leuker vond. Hier kwamen weer behoorlijk wat legers in voor en oorlogsvoering en dat is niet mijn pakkie an. Dus weer een hoop geblader. Al met a ...more
Wendy
Feb 05, 2012 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought
Enjoyed the last book in the series...up to the last chapter. A lot of loose ends were tied up, for better or worse. However there were some blatant open ends left so I was a bit surprised when the last chapter brought the story to an end where you find out who the 'immortal' narrator is and in a hasty rush, what happened to some of the other characters. I just think there could have been a more detailed conclusion for the characters. Other than that, it was a not stop roller coaster ride of fig ...more
Vivian
Feb 10, 2010 Vivian rated it it was amazing
After I finished this book, I couldn’t stop saying Oh… my… god. I can’t believe it. It was such an amazing book. I really, really didn’t like the way that Clemens kept on switching from story plot to story plot especially since he ended with a cliffhanger almost every single time. It got me disoriented for a few sentences until I could remember what happened chapters before. Clemens came up with a good conclusion but it wasn’t very satisfying because he ended the very last sentence of the book w ...more
Ethernya
Aug 29, 2014 Ethernya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chronique complète.
Une très bonne conclusion pour cette pentalogie de fantasy somme toute classique. On a les réponses aux questions que l'on se posait, la majorité des personnages trouvent leur compte une fois le livre refermé. La bataille finale est assez convaincante, même si un axe aurait pu être davantage mis en avant que ce qu'il n'est déjà, équilibrant un peu mieux l'attention porté à tout les personnages.
Alina
Dec 13, 2016 Alina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved the first four books, but it took me ages to finish the fifth. The ending is just not reaching the level of the whole story leading to it.
Candice
An excellent end to the series. It was a bit slow to start, oddly enough, but once it got going it kept up. My suspicions as to the author's identity were confirmed; it was fairly obvious to me by the last book, but I'm sure some readers will be (un)pleasantly surprised. We saw the fitting end to some beloved and reviled characters, but none of the deaths really shocked me at this point.

Overall, I would've liked to see a little more follow up, possibly a little more to the author's epilogue, bu
  • Harp of Winds (Artefacts of Power, #2)
  • The Skull of the World (The Witches of Eileanan, #5)
  • Well of Darkness (Sovereign Stone, #1)
  • The Chalice (The Sword, the Ring, and the Chalice, #3)
  • Die Stimme der Magie (Ulldart - Die Dunkle Zeit, #5)
  • The Fifth Sorceress (The Chronicles of Blood and Stone, #1)
  • The Lion Throne
  • De erfenis van Richard Grenville (De verborgen universiteit, #1)
  • Naïla de Brume (Filles de Lune, #1)
  • The Barbed Rose (One Rose Trilogy, #2)
  • Daughter of Ancients (The Bridge of D'Arnath, #4)
  • The Legend of Deathwalker (The Drenai Saga, #7)
James Rollins and James Clemens are two of the pen names of American veterinarian Jim Czajkowski (born 1961), author of bestselling fantasy and action-packed adventure-thrillers. He sold his veterinary practice in Sacramento, California, to concentrate full-time on writing.

James is an amateur spelunker and a certified scuba diver. These pastimes provide much fodder for his novels, which are often
More about James Clemens...

The Banned and the Banished (5 books)
  • Wit'ch Fire (The Banned and the Banished, #1)
  • Wit'ch Storm (The Banned and the Banished, #2)
  • Wit'ch War (The Banned and the Banished, #3)
  • Wit'ch Gate (The Banned and the Banished, #4)