Start by marking “The Rosie's Bakery All-Butter, Cream-Filled, Sugar-Packed Baking Book: Over 300 Irresistibly Delicious Recipes” as Want to Read:

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Throw moderation out the window. When you want that real homemade flavor, from-scratch frosted layer cakes, brownies that taste like brownies, and cookies that taste like the ones your grandma used to make, only real ingredients will do: real butter, real cream, real chocolate, and lots of it. That's how Rosie's has been baking its award-winning treats for over thirty year ...more
Published November 24th 2011 by Workman Publishing (first published October 1st 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about The Rosie's Bakery All-Butter, Cream-Filled, Sugar-Packed Baking Book

Ivy
This cookbook was not as great to read as I had hoped. The intro was better that the rest of it. Mostly this cookbook needs photos. I could have been far more inspired by it with photos. As it stands I faound the one recipe I really wanted to find that my mom had seen on QVC and that is about all that made me cheer. It is possible that these are great recipes, but the book doesn't do a great job of promoting them. I will probably stick with my tried and true favorites.
It’s hard to argue with good old fashioned honesty, especially when it comes to food. These days, there is so much out there in the ways of additives, preserving agents and allergens that it’s hard to find something that really is what the label says it is. This is doubly true for the commonly misleading “diet” food out there, which may be low in fat, but with the trade-off of staggeringly high calories and sugar grams, or an item like sugar-free chocolate and candy which can ruin your night if ...more
Maxine
I've tried 1 recipe from this so far - and it was delicious - but I felt that the instructions were a bit off. I would bake these cookies (Jam Thumbprint cookies) differently next time.

The tone of the cookbook is cute, the recipes are ok. There are no photos at all, just some line drawings.

I actually think there are too many chocolate recipes in this, but that's probably because I don't like chocolate and don't usually bake with it or make chocolate cookies.

Not the best e-format for a cookbook.
Billie Stremel
Best baking cookbook

For me this cookbook is pure perfection. From page 1 I was enthralled with the authors witty narrative. She includes helpful kitchen tips and techniques. The recipes? Oh my! I want to try every single one! This will now be my go to cookbook when I need to make a decadent and delicious dessert or treat.

Brenda
Mar 08, 2015 Brenda rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: amateur bakers
Shelves: cookbook, non-fiction
Bought this for Kindle. The recipes in here, from basic cakes to bars to pies is a nice mix to satisfy any sweet-tooth. I can't wait to try her lemon filling for cakes and some of her brownie recipes. Nice collection.
Karen
Really nice collection of recipes and ideas.
Marleene

The only thing missing, sadly, are accompanying photographs. This is a more "old fashioned" cookbook without the lavish photography that has spoiled us in recent years. Nevertheless, the book is a definite winner- fun to read and packed full of mouth- watering yummy treats. I want to make ALL of them!
Rachel
Definitely not for the health-conscious, but recipes are wonderful and all fairly easy to make. My only complaint is that there are no photos in the book.
Denise
Nothing in here is healthy, everything is devilishly yummy!
Joelle Pagnozzi
Joelle Pagnozzi marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Karen
Karen  marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Susan Gilbert
Susan Gilbert marked it as to-read
Bron Gibson
Bron Gibson marked it as to-read
Julie Webb
Julie Webb marked it as to-read
Brooke
Brooke added it
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Cheryl Medley
Cheryl Medley marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Marianthi
Marianthi is currently reading it
Mar 24, 2015
Noreen
Noreen marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Jj Sommerville
Jj Sommerville marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
T Hill
T Hill is currently reading it
Mar 15, 2015
Allen Jaszcar
Allen Jaszcar is currently reading it
Mar 13, 2015
dora Orozco
dora Orozco is currently reading it
Mar 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rosie's Bakery All-Butter, Fresh Cream, Sugar-Packed, No-Holds-Barred Baking Book Rosie's Bakery Chocolate-Packed, Jam-Filled, Butter-Rich, No-Holds-Barred Cookie Book Rosie's Bakery Delicious and Decadent Dessert Book Lucid Darkness Dr. Judy's Habit Breakers Stop Smoking Plan: Cold Turkey or Gradual Withdrawal-With or Without the E-Cigarette