Start by marking “The Rosie's Bakery All-Butter, Cream-Filled, Sugar-Packed Baking Book: Over 300 Irresistibly Delicious Recipes” as Want to Read:

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  70 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Throw moderation out the window. When you want that real homemade flavor, from-scratch frosted layer cakes, brownies that taste like brownies, and cookies that taste like the ones your grandma used to make, only real ingredients will do: real butter, real cream, real chocolate, and lots of it. That's how Rosie's has been baking its award-winning treats for over thirty year ...more
Published November 24th 2011 by Workman Publishing (first published October 1st 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about The Rosie's Bakery All-Butter, Cream-Filled, Sugar-Packed Baking Book

Ivy
Feb 24, 2012 Ivy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook was not as great to read as I had hoped. The intro was better that the rest of it. Mostly this cookbook needs photos. I could have been far more inspired by it with photos. As it stands I faound the one recipe I really wanted to find that my mom had seen on QVC and that is about all that made me cheer. It is possible that these are great recipes, but the book doesn't do a great job of promoting them. I will probably stick with my tried and true favorites.
Nov 04, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s hard to argue with good old fashioned honesty, especially when it comes to food. These days, there is so much out there in the ways of additives, preserving agents and allergens that it’s hard to find something that really is what the label says it is. This is doubly true for the commonly misleading “diet” food out there, which may be low in fat, but with the trade-off of staggeringly high calories and sugar grams, or an item like sugar-free chocolate and candy which can ruin your night if ...more
Maxine
I've tried 1 recipe from this so far - and it was delicious - but I felt that the instructions were a bit off. I would bake these cookies (Jam Thumbprint cookies) differently next time.

The tone of the cookbook is cute, the recipes are ok. There are no photos at all, just some line drawings.

I actually think there are too many chocolate recipes in this, but that's probably because I don't like chocolate and don't usually bake with it or make chocolate cookies.

Not the best e-format for a cookbook.
Billie Stremel
Mar 06, 2015 Billie Stremel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best baking cookbook

For me this cookbook is pure perfection. From page 1 I was enthralled with the authors witty narrative. She includes helpful kitchen tips and techniques. The recipes? Oh my! I want to try every single one! This will now be my go to cookbook when I need to make a decadent and delicious dessert or treat.

Brenda
Mar 08, 2015 Brenda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: amateur bakers
Shelves: non-fiction, cookbook
Bought this for Kindle. The recipes in here, from basic cakes to bars to pies is a nice mix to satisfy any sweet-tooth. I can't wait to try her lemon filling for cakes and some of her brownie recipes. Nice collection.
Karen
Apr 07, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really nice collection of recipes and ideas.
Marleene
Jul 22, 2012 Marleene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The only thing missing, sadly, are accompanying photographs. This is a more "old fashioned" cookbook without the lavish photography that has spoiled us in recent years. Nevertheless, the book is a definite winner- fun to read and packed full of mouth- watering yummy treats. I want to make ALL of them!
Rachel
Dec 20, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Definitely not for the health-conscious, but recipes are wonderful and all fairly easy to make. My only complaint is that there are no photos in the book.
Denise
Apr 16, 2014 Denise rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
Nothing in here is healthy, everything is devilishly yummy!
Marywhite53
Marywhite53 rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
Meloney
Meloney marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Rainier
Rainier rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Ida
Ida marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Lisette Walker
Lisette Walker marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Jen
Jen is currently reading it
Dec 26, 2015
Matthew Suhr
Matthew Suhr rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
EEWR
EEWR marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Ivy B. Schlegel
Ivy B. Schlegel marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Shan
Shan marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2015
Eve
Eve marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2015
✦⟣Kelly⟢✦
✦⟣Kelly⟢✦ marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Cindy A. Smith
Cindy A. Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Cynthia Maier
Cynthia Maier is currently reading it
Nov 01, 2015
Jennifer Gorman
Jennifer Gorman marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Sheryl
Sheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Jaydee
Jaydee is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2015