Dark Fate

Dark Fate

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A marriage of minds...

"It's fate - even when we're miles apart the link between us holds!"

Saskia thought that two years was long enough to confirm that she would never be reunited with her estranged husband, Domenico. But it seemed that there was no end to the strange bond that had existed between them: Domenico was waiting for her when she arrived on vacation in Venice!

Sa...more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #1763, 187 pages
Published September 1995 by Harlequin Books (first published October 1994)

The Spanish Groom by Lynne GrahamBond of Hatred by Lynne GrahamGold Ring of Betrayal by Michelle ReidTrophy Husband by Lynne GrahamTempestuous Reunion by Lynne Graham
My Fave Harlequins
63rd out of 305 books — 95 voters
Temptation by Charlotte LambFrustration by Charlotte LambThe Devil's Arms by Charlotte LambFever by Charlotte LambDark Dominion by Charlotte Lamb
Favorite Charlotte Lamb Romances
18th out of 32 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

Jacqueline
I enjoyed this for what it was. A pretty good older HP. It had the interesting twist of having both the heroine and hero have pyschic powers although for the hero just with her. I liked that, although the heroine had left him 2 years ago, he had spent the two years searching for her. He had tried hard to figure out what had gone wrong with their marriage and change it for when he found her again. It would actually have been interesting to be in his POV as he searched for her. That would have bee...more
RomReader
Gardener heroine is on a business trip to Venice with her boss. She encounters her wealthy Italian husband whom she left 2 years ago, after his father choked her for miscarrying his desired heir. She doesn't want to reconcile with him even though they still love each other & have an even deeper connection with each other b/c of his family & her fear of not being able to provide him with an heir.

This was a decent romance, albeit the paranormal stuff. It was angtsy. I empathized with the b...more
Purse Monkey
Dark Fate--I reread this again to get a second feel of it and to my surprise, I actually liked it a lot more the second time around. Dare I say I might even love it, except I didn't love the h.

The plot line is that H and h were married two years ago. He's a rich, powerful blue-blood with a family from hell. She's a poor, young, naive girl with a special talent of telepathy. They met, fell in love and married. His family hated her, especially H's father. She was intimidated by his lifestyle, fee...more
sbf20112011
I liked this one. I wasn't sure the ESP stuff added all that much to the romance (except that it was part of the plot), but it didn't detract. I always love seeing the characters' reactions when something terrible or life-threatening happens, and we did get to see that here.

I did find it odd that the book ended without resolving whether they would have children. And I thought the heroine went overboard in declaring that she would never have children again because she had one miscarriage -- a sin...more
Colleen
This book was stupid. Really, really, REALLY stupid.
If you look at my profile - at my to read and my read lists, you will see that I like a bit of fantasy in my reads.
Vampires? Great. Warewolves? Wonderful. Ghosts and ghouls? Yes please. Hell, even ancient myths re-written to suit the moden world - why the hell not?
I love it. I love myth and magic and legend and fable. I border on obsessed with it.
But this is a book that just had no place being supernatural. The telepathy element seemed only the...more
Tishke
I found this book pretty mediocre. The telepathy element didn't work for me, if you can read each other's mind, there shouldn't have been mis-communications or misunderstandings, right? The kidnapping part was too outlandish, and the ending was abrupt. The main reason I give this book a 2 star is because I didn't feel any sense of loss, despair, fear, sympathy, etc.
Tia
I liked this one but to me, it didn't come off super good or super bad. It was kind of a meh, that was it? feeling.
Kate
I was in Italy for a semester during Spring 2000, and my pleasure reading was limited to the book swap at tiny John Cabot University. Much of the selection was cheesy romance novels, so, out of desperation, I picked this out. It sounded like a romantic thriller, and I thought, Maybe... However, it was pretty much as bad as I thought it would be. Many scenes I had to read aloud to my roommate through fits of laughter. I will NEVER read another Harlequin Romance again!
April Brookshire
It's always weird when there's a bit of paranormal in Harlequin Presents

This wasn't too bad, though

The hero had made mistakes in the past, but I appreciated that he truly loved her and was desperate to fin her in their two years apart

There was a bit of excitement too, with the abduction
Judith
This was a decent romance, albeit the paranormal stuff. Domenico's abiding love for Saskia was touching. The paranormal element was an interesting touch. It added a bit to their emotional connection. Sexual chemistry was good. Love scenes were okay.
Julie

I really liked the book except for the H getting kidnapped and the h having telepathic gifts. The H was really sweet. I just love possessive and loving guys in these stories, but in reality, possessive guys can be turn-offs...
Annelisa
Annelisa marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Aggeliki Katsimardou
Aggeliki Katsimardou marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Kay
Kay added it
Apr 19, 2014
R.a. Johnson
R.a. Johnson marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Lin marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sheila Ann Mary Coates Holland
aka Sheila Holland, Sheila Coates, Charlotte Lamb, Sheila Lancaster, Victoria Woolf, Laura Hardy

Sheila Ann Mary Coates was born on 1937 in Essex, England, just before the Second World War in the East End of London. As a child, she was moved from relative to relative to escape the bombings of World War II. Sheila attended the Ursuline Convent for Girls. On leaving scho...more
More about Charlotte Lamb...
Temptation Fever Forbidden Fire Dark Dominion Savage Surrender