Start by marking “The LDS Mother's Almanac” as Want to Read:
The LDS Mother's Almanac

The LDS Mother's Almanac

Unknown Binding
Published January 1st 2003 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about The LDS Mother's Almanac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The LDS Mother's Almanac

K'Lyn
Feb 29, 2008 K'Lyn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mothers and mothers-to-be
This is more of a reference book - that I can hardly leave on the shelf it is so helpful! This is probably the book my mom would have written had she written the book I have asked her to write. Very practical and simply comprehensive.

I CANNOT say enough about this book. The more kids I have the MORE I realize she really knows what she is talking about. Bless her for sharing this.

I would totally give this book to my daughter when she becomes a mom with maybe some side notes that I might add from
Amy
Jan 14, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
This is the book I love to read while I am running. It's very easy reading...kind of the "Oh yea! I knew that!" It contains practical advice and ideas for mom's with children of any age. Her humor and approach to the subject makes you feel like you can do the tasks of motherhood and do them well.
Christina
Jun 05, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it
I didn't actually read the book from beginning to end. It's a reference-type book and I skimmed through looking for things that relate to my children's ages. The author is knowledgeable and the book is written with a comforting humor. She covers everything from pregnancy and potty training to planning birthday parties and dealing with puberty. Thorough and easy to read.
Jaime
Oct 20, 2008 Jaime rated it really liked it
So far it is a lot of stuff I already know, but I expected that since I have 5 kids and been married 13 years! There is some useful info even for old timers like me! I would definitlely recomend it to newly weds.
Sep 01, 2009 Heather is currently reading it
I love this book. It's listening to your grandmother's parenting advice. I have found it very comforting and refer to it every now and then when I need some good ideas. She covers every topic you can think of.
Stacie
Oct 13, 2012 Stacie rated it really liked it
This was one of my favorite books when I was a new mom. Full of good information in one place. Not necessarily my goto for everything, but a good resource for ideas.

Plus it has one of my favorite quotes.
Megan
Apr 05, 2008 Megan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone with kids, any age
Recommended to Megan by: I found it at Wal-Mart
I love this book! This is one of those books you can pick up and read a bit at a time. All of the information is useful and fun to read. There are cute stories, advice, recipes,etc. Every question you have is answered here. This is an all-around wonderful book and I give it to every new mom I meet!
Dawna
Aug 07, 2008 Dawna rated it it was amazing
Great book with practical and validating advice on parenting---mothering especially. Great Quotes and poems and suggestions for entertaining, teaching, and caring for children. I love this book and turn to it often for suggestions on how I can better fulfill my role as a mother.
Saedi Oldham
Feb 05, 2013 Saedi Oldham rated it it was amazing
Nothing short of the most brilliant and complete book on Motherhood out there! Whether you're LDS or not, this is a must read!
Nanette
Feb 09, 2009 Nanette rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference
Love this book!
angelle
Oct 30, 2008 angelle rated it really liked it
Great resource book! And it is resource -- I have not read every word, but I love to give this book as a gift to new moms.
Haven
Feb 03, 2008 Haven rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who needs help raising children!
This book has such great ideas for such topics as disciplining (with love), FHE for younger children, etc. It's great. I need to read it more often to keep it on my mind.
Jul 20, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: parenting
A must read!
Callie Kunz
Jun 19, 2009 Callie Kunz rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book. I have turned to it for information many times when my kids have been sick or when I needed a good mothering boost.
Serena
Feb 04, 2008 Serena rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Moms everywhere
Recommended to Serena by: Janene Baadsgaard
I love Jenene Baadsgaard. She has written a handbook for moms! Families who laugh...last is fun too!
Laurie
Sep 03, 2008 Laurie rated it really liked it
It's my new baby shower gift. Just very informative/reference style book. I love her as an author.
Kristi
Feb 19, 2008 Kristi rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Kristi by: Mother-in-law
I love her down-to-earth mothering. She focuses on what's important and helps you let go of everything else. She's actually my husband's cousin's mother-in-law!
Michelle
Dec 31, 2008 Michelle rated it really liked it
I've read most of this and keep re-reading parts. It has a lot of great ideas for moms and a ton of uplifting thoughts about motherhood- which I seem to need a lot. I recommend it!
April Moody
Oct 17, 2009 April Moody rated it it was amazing
Anything written by my mom get a 5 in my book!
Kristen
Feb 20, 2008 Kristen rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This book is very comprehensive, covering all ages and stages, if not a little predictable. I learned very little, but I still use it occasionally.
Geneva
Apr 16, 2008 Geneva rated it really liked it
This lady was very down-to-earth in her writing style. I enjoyed the book. There were good ideas on teaching your children, relevant to all stages of life.
Nicole
A good resource, reminder, stress-easer to parenting...
May 11, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it
Great reference book, I was given this for mother's day or something and I love it!!
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2010
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2008
Springer
Springer rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2010
Joni
Joni rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2008
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2011
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2009
Estella
Estella rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Janene Baadsgaard has written extensively for over thirty years offering her readers valuable information, insight and humor about life. She is the author of hundreds of newspaper columns and features, magazine articles and over a dozen books. She is a graduate of Brigham Young University in Communications with a journalism emphasis and has taught courses in writing and literature for Utah Valley ...more
More about Janene Wolsey Baadsgaard...