Start by marking “The 100 Greatest Leadership Principles of All Time” as Want to Read:
The 100 Greatest Leadership Principles of All Time

The 100 Greatest Leadership Principles of All Time

For anyone preparing to step into a leadership role--be it a corporate CEO, business team leader, church deacon, or head of a household--this unique collection of quotes from 100 great leaders of armies, social movements, political revolutions, fashion revolutions, businesses, and nations is sure to inspire. From Abraham Lincoln to Martin Luther King, Jr., from Napoleon to ...more
Published August 31st 2007 by Business Plus (first published 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about The 100 Greatest Leadership Principles of All Time

Mysterium
Synchronicity is a wonderful thing indeed. I literally had this little book fall off of a shelf on my foot while searching for a reference book for a seminar that I was giving. Not letting a wink from the cosmos ho un-heeded, I tossed the book on my bedside table for a quick read before bed. It was one of many that kept me company during my dance with insomnia. Sometimes I lead, sometimes "she" does.

This is a nice little collection of quotes. I have seen better and I have seen much worse. As a p
Timothy Stidham
Sep 24, 2011 Timothy Stidham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leadership
I find it very powerful to have just a single sentence on a page for reflection. Not all are great, but it's an interesting exercise to simply read the statements without commentary.. I found it very helpful to read leadership concepts from a wide variety of authors and personality types from several different millennia.
Not for everyone. Probably wouldn't purchase but checked out a digital copy from the library.
Lynetta
Jun 17, 2014 Lynetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Collection

This is a book of wisdom lived, learned and spoken from the hearts of world renown leaders. Among the pages there is nothing new but rather there is the echo of wisdom whispered from across the ages. The messages are inspiring, encouraging and challenging and serves to remind us of what we already know. This is worthy of a second read.
Khalid Almoghrabi
Apr 27, 2011 Khalid Almoghrabi rated it did not like it
A book of merely quotes on leadership divided into five sections\categories to explain leadership principles. I probably like it more if it contains how-to-get-there explanation, a brief about the principles, or a story behind it.
Mckinley
Feb 22, 2012 Mckinley rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction, ref, career
Odd little piece (can't bring myself to call it a book really). Frankly, I'd be embarrassed say I wrote a book and sought publication for this. Following the 1 page introduction comes 100 quotes on 5 traits: intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and discipline.
Suzy
Mar 11, 2010 Suzy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Chip
read as an adobe pdf e-book from OverDrive content reserve, checked out online from the library--free 21 day loan. Awesome. Structured like Sun Tzu's "the Art of War." Short, easy read of quotes from famous leaders.
سلمان
Aug 19, 2014 سلمان rated it liked it
مقولات جيدة عن القيادة ومبادئها كما صاغها صن تزو.
Benjamin
May 02, 2014 Benjamin rated it liked it
Shelves: leadership
Interesting, but i feel there are some better quotes out there. Though I have to admit, i do not envy the person choosing such a list
David Pockell
David Pockell rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2014
Darren Noble
Darren Noble rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2012
بثينة
بثينة rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2013
John Spence
John Spence rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2011
Standards Malaysia
Standards Malaysia rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2011
Chris Widner
Chris Widner rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Richard Moore
Richard Moore rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2017
Tom
Tom rated it liked it
May 03, 2015
Grace
Grace rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2013
Belladonna
Belladonna rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2011
Deepak Haridas
Deepak Haridas rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2013
Muhammad Baghdadi
Muhammad Baghdadi rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Trish
Feb 09, 2013 Trish rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leadership
Great quotes to live by in leadership!!!!
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2015
Samer Chidiac
Nov 06, 2013 Samer Chidiac rated it it was amazing
Simple and Enriching.
Cheriecrosby
Cheriecrosby rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2012
Charlie Rhode
Charlie Rhode rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Tanya S
Tanya S rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2011
James Bainbridge
James Bainbridge rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2009
Dian
Dian rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2009
Kel Vin
Kel Vin rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
MAC
MAC rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2014
"Some may ask where I get the authority to compile such a work, and attach such lofty claims to it. I have no advanced business degrees myself, but I have labored in an assortment of metaphorical vineyards over the course of the past four decades, from entry level to senior management positions, in government and in the private sector, and I have paid attention to the commonalities and repetitive ...more
More about Leslie Pockell...