Start by marking “The Bluffer's Guide to Bond” as Want to Read:
The Bluffer's Guide to Bond

The Bluffer's Guide to Bond

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  17 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Be an instant expert on Bond and bluff your way with 007 aficionados. There is no risk required, just a sense of humour. From 'Bond's lifestyle' to his 'one-liners', and from 'the line to take' to 'the link with JFK', here's the guide that gives you a licence to thrill in any company.
Published October 1st 2012 by Bluffer's Guides (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Bluffer's Guide to Bond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bluffer's Guide to Bond

Rozonda
Nov 18, 2015 Rozonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must admit I'm a big fan of Bluffer's Guides- in my teens I read two of them (The Feminism and Jazz guides) and they were great, funny introductions to both themes- and later I read a few more that were intresting too. They present themselves as a guide to talk about something you don't know the first thing about, but they also work great as beginner's guides that make you want to learn more.

As a big fan of the Bond universe, I knew most of what is said here- yet I got to learna few things an
Literary
Jun 02, 2013 Literary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charlene's Review:

Not only do we get a breakdown of each book/film, we are given insight into the similarities between Bond and writer/creator Ian Fleming, as well as speculation into why Bond preferred his martini shaken, not stirred. As a bonus, the famous "vesper" martini recipe is included. A portion is also given to the books versus film argument. As a reader, this is a no-brainer, as far as I can tell.

Perhaps the most enjoyable, for me, was the chapter on "Being Bond" complete with instruc
Christine Blachford
I read this because I have a vague long-term goal to watch all the Bond films in order, and thought this could be a bit of a quick-start guide. It does fulfill that role, although it is also a bit snobbish in repeating the fact that the books are better than the films. I also want to read the books too, so that was not necessarily a bad thing.

There are spoilers ahoy, which isn't a problem because I've already forgotten most of them, and it's a quick, conversational read. I wasn't that bothered a
Steve Mitchell
Feb 08, 2012 Steve Mitchell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is designed for those that have not read the Fleming novels but want to pretend that they have; he got some of the basic Bond facts wrong but it is very funny though.
Vikas Datta
Jun 20, 2013 Vikas Datta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable along with being informative..
Jeremy Weinstein
Jeremy Weinstein marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Rosemary Young
Rosemary Young rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Susan Mathieson
Susan Mathieson rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Phil Patterson
Phil Patterson marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Pedro Pereira
Pedro Pereira rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Vladimir
Vladimir rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2015
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Edward Higgins
Edward Higgins rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Marilyn
Marilyn rated it it was ok
May 26, 2015
Marcus Pugh
Marcus Pugh marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Jon
Jon added it
Jul 10, 2014
Hayden
Hayden rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Will
Will rated it liked it
May 12, 2014
Bluffer's Guides
Bluffer's Guides rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2014
Mantarayj
Mantarayj marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2013
Arne Ruddat
Arne Ruddat marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Lucas
Lucas rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Gudrun
Gudrun rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Mark Mason's previous non-fiction includes The Importance of Being Trivial, Walk the Lines, The Bluffer's Guide To Football and The Bluffer's Guide To Bond. He is also the author of three novels, and has written for most British national newspapers (though never about anything too heavy), and magazines from The Spectator to Four Four Two. He lives in Sussex with his partner and son.
More about Mark Mason...