Start by marking “Making Time: Why Time Seems to Pass at Different Speeds and How to Control it” as Want to Read:
Making Time: Why Time Seems to Pass at Different Speeds and How to Control it

Making Time: Why Time Seems to Pass at Different Speeds and How to Control it

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Why does time seem to speed up as we get older or when we're having fun, or drag when we're bored or anxious? This eye-opening book gives an astounding insight into why our perception of time changesand how we can take charge of it in our own lives.
Published August 2nd 2007 by Icon Books Ltd (first published September 15th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Making Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Time

"Wilfully unscientific without ever dabbling into pseudoscience" claims The Independent's byline adorning the front cover. For much of the book, I suppose that's accurate. But if cherry-picking case studies in favour of precognition and premonition (then seeking to validate them by drawing incredibly vague parallels with the special theory of relativity or quantum mechanics) isn't pseudoscience, I'm afraid I don't know what is. Even David Icke (simply referred to here as a "New Age writer") is q ...more
This book is way unexpected for me. From expecting a secular concept of time, and maybe some scientific explanations, I find that the author tries to sneak in the fact that Time is a metaphysical concept, and he weaves it towards religion, spirituality and culminating in meditation.

I did enjoy reading it, but it was boring at parts because I already knew some of it. However, I didn't like that much of it was a conjecture or a 'logical conclusion'. It was much like reading an essay, but I did lik
Sylvia Hunter
Although in parts it was very repetitive, on the whole I found this a fascinating and thought provoking read.
The author explores the aspects of the way we experience time under various circumstances, including hypnosis, and explains why people of other cultures might experience it differently.
The phenomena of near death experiences and precognition and retro cognition are discussed too.
Of most interest I found the discussion of meditation and it's use in slowing down time and possibly achieving
A good book to read on a simple concept
T added it
Nov 17, 2015
Vikram marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Joanne added it
Sep 21, 2015
Monica marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
David marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Vinay Sharma
Vinay Sharma marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Peter marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Ellen marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Stefan marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Mary Blowers
Mary Blowers marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Lara marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Dada marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Tom Turner
Tom Turner marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Chris marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014