Start by marking “Making Time: Why Time Seems to Pass at Different Speeds and How to Control it” as Want to Read:
Making Time: Why Time Seems to Pass at Different Speeds and How to Control it

Making Time: Why Time Seems to Pass at Different Speeds and How to Control it

3.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  64 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Why does time seem to speed up as we get older or when we're having fun, or drag when we're bored or anxious? This eye-opening book gives an astounding insight into why our perception of time changesand how we can take charge of it in our own lives.
Hardcover
Published August 2nd 2007 by Icon Books Ltd (first published September 15th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Making Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Time

Steve
Oct 24, 2010 Steve rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mind
"Wilfully unscientific without ever dabbling into pseudoscience" claims The Independent's byline adorning the front cover. For much of the book, I suppose that's accurate. But if cherry-picking case studies in favour of precognition and premonition (then seeking to validate them by drawing incredibly vague parallels with the special theory of relativity or quantum mechanics) isn't pseudoscience, I'm afraid I don't know what is. Even David Icke (simply referred to here as a "New Age writer") is q ...more
Lynn
This book is way unexpected for me. From expecting a secular concept of time, and maybe some scientific explanations, I find that the author tries to sneak in the fact that Time is a metaphysical concept, and he weaves it towards religion, spirituality and culminating in meditation.

I did enjoy reading it, but it was boring at parts because I already knew some of it. However, I didn't like that much of it was a conjecture or a 'logical conclusion'. It was much like reading an essay, but I did lik
Sylvia Hunter
May 25, 2014 Sylvia Hunter rated it really liked it
Although in parts it was very repetitive, on the whole I found this a fascinating and thought provoking read.
The author explores the aspects of the way we experience time under various circumstances, including hypnosis, and explains why people of other cultures might experience it differently.
The phenomena of near death experiences and precognition and retro cognition are discussed too.
Of most interest I found the discussion of meditation and it's use in slowing down time and possibly achieving
Sashi
Oct 16, 2012 Sashi rated it liked it
A good book to read on a simple concept
Jon Bear
Jon Bear rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Sharon
Sharon added it
Feb 04, 2016
William
William rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Volga
Volga rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Marko Lesar
Marko Lesar rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2015
T
T added it
Nov 17, 2015
Vikram
Vikram marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Joanne
Joanne added it
Sep 21, 2015
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Ziad Cassim
Ziad Cassim rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Brian Ashton
Brian Ashton rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Vinay Sharma
Vinay Sharma marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Suomak
Suomak rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2015
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Andrew Byrne
Andrew Byrne rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2015
Stefan
Stefan marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Mary Blowers
Mary Blowers marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014