Start by marking “Rotting in the Bangkok Hilton: The Gruesome True Story of a Man Who Survived Thailand's Deadliest Prison” as Want to Read:

Prison is harsh enough, but as a foreigner (?farangOCO) in a strange land, jail time is an even more horrifying reality. Rotting in the Bangkok Hilton is a collection of short stories chronicling T. M. HoyOCOs descent into the harrowing world of Southeast Asian prison life. Through his eyes, readers will experience the bizarre events of daily life in a Thai maximum securit ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Skyhorse Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rotting in the Bangkok Hilton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rotting in the Bangkok Hilton

Eric Schurr
Apr 01, 2014 Eric Schurr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Extremely well-written, very captivating"

If you'd like to know what life is like inside what is considered to be the worst prison in the world, listen to this book.

The stories in it are truly remarkable. So disgusting and revolting there are sometimes hard to believe.

The author has an exceptional grasp of the English language. The writing is really creative and superb. Sometimes it's so good it's a bit over the top.

I didn't give it a 5 overall because the book is a series of stories, rather tha
Tanny
Aug 13, 2013 Tanny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tannys
I found this book more of a stack of very short stories of other prisoners histories, when I had been expecting more of a biography of the authors time in prison. Interesting in parts and reasonably easy to read but not what I was expecting. I think it is hard for me to appreciate books of this kind as much after reading the terrifying "The Damage Done".
Esther Bradley-detally
I couldn't put it down. T.M. Hoy is an excellent writer and there is not a tone of self-pity anywhere, but an actual gripping accounting of life, its madness, insanity, in a Southeast Asian prison. The reader will read heart rending passages, and yet at the end, will, I believe, respect T. M. Hoy, for this amazing story.
Kotoole1
Mar 11, 2014 Kotoole1 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What can I say, this book sucked...
Elizabeth
Apr 24, 2013 Elizabeth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Reminded me too much of the show, 'Locked Up Abroad' where people who stupidly break laws in other countries complain about and then profit from their crimes.
Timothy
Timothy rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2013
Panadolsandwich
Panadolsandwich rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2017
Ramsey Al-Gayaar
Ramsey Al-Gayaar rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
William Bopp
William Bopp rated it did not like it
Jul 06, 2015
Christtine
Christtine rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Gemma Brown
Gemma Brown rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2016
Rashid
Rashid rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2013
zac edwards
zac edwards rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2015
Heather Vandervelden
Heather Vandervelden rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2014
Jono
Jono rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2017
Bram
Bram rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2013
Truff
Truff rated it liked it
May 06, 2013
Ron Louis
Ron Louis rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Bruce Snyder
Bruce Snyder rated it it was ok
May 28, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2014
Neil
Neil rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2013
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2012
Nicola Schneller
Nicola Schneller rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2014
Lynda O'dea
Lynda O'dea rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2013
Aubrey
Aubrey rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2012
Deb G.
Deb G. rated it it was ok
Jul 03, 2015
Michael Willis
Michael Willis rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2014
Thomas J. Charter
Thomas J. Charter rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Lars Dyrlov Madsen
Lars Dyrlov Madsen rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Ismael Ortiz
Ismael Ortiz rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2015