Start by marking “The Ultimate Guide to Permaculture” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Guide to Permaculture

The Ultimate Guide to Permaculture

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Permaculture is an important but often misunderstood method of growing food and building homes in a manner that works with nature, rather than against it, to create beautiful, healthy, and useful gardens. Blending ecology, organic agriculture, green home design, appropriate technology, and biology can be confusing and overwhelming, but The Ultimate Guide to Permaculture si ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Skyhorse Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Guide to Permaculture, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Guide to Permaculture

A better title for this book might have been, "An Overview of Common Strategies and Techniques Used by Temperate-Climate Landowners in Their Permaculture Designs." Though I am loath to give a book that purports to be about permaculture such a poor review, I feel that this book is a dud compared to the great body of literature already out there on the subject.

After one scanty chapter at the beginning that tries to encompass the whole of Bill Mollison and David Holmgren's original permaculture cur
Marie
I like the way the author makes some of the peramculture principles more obvious that other books Ive read, which seem to give advice on ways to set up a permaculture farm but aren't as specific as I would like, eg you like in a temperate climate and are facing increasing impacts of drought and climate change, so what to do, for this reason I wish the book focussed on the future a little more.
They did incorporate aspects of we are currently doing on our small permaculturish property eg rabbits,
Diana Par-due
This is a good guide but doesn't have a lot of practical examples. I really found the planting guide super helpful because it listed good companion plants for each variety and mentioned the bugs they repel and attract.

The pictures are beautiful as well.
Cindy Deister
Very informative, but more for people who own large plots of land. Not for suburban life or backyard design, but interesting if you are looking for information on permaculture.
April Franklin
I've skimmed through several permaculture books lately; I've become fascinated with the ideas and practices behind permaculture. I've been a backyard gardener for years but I am just now realizing how much farther some people take it. This book was by far the most approachable permaculture book I picked up. Highly recommended!
Anna
The Ultimate Guide to Permaculture is a simple, mainstream sum up of permaculture philosophy, which would make it a good gift for your neighbor or mother who look at your crazy projects with a skeptical eye.
Tygh Walters
Super superficial; paradoxically good, as a dumbed-down overview.
Helena
Helena marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Shaun
Shaun marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Julien
Julien marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Shea Puskas
Shea Puskas marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Alienbein
Alienbein marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Adele
Adele is currently reading it
Nov 02, 2014
Tiffany Barbour
Tiffany Barbour marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Efram Mckay
Efram Mckay marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Rinna Lipsky
Rinna Lipsky is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
William Murray
William Murray marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Page number discrepancy 2 21 Feb 15, 2013 10:51AM
The Ultimate Guide to Homesteading: An Encyclopedia of Independent Living Deliberate Life: The Ultimate Homesteading Guide Food Tyrants: Fight for Your Right to Healthy Food in a Toxic World The Ultimate Guide to Natural Farming and Sustainable Living: Permaculture for Beginners