Start by marking “The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook: Eat Great, Lose Weight, Feel Healthy” as Want to Read:
The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook: Eat Great, Lose Weight, Feel Healthy

The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook: Eat Great, Lose Weight, Feel Healthy

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  13 reviews
With over 200 pages of quinoa-inspired cuisine, The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook is unlike any other quinoa cookbook. Inside you'll find Wendy's exclusive, hand-crafted recipes, photographs of every recipe, nutritional information for every recipe, and alternative ingredients and preparation methods. Included are vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, fast & easy, eating cl ...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Skyhorse Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook

Jen
So basically, you can put quinoa in, like, whatever. Or you can just put stuff in quinoa instead. Okay.
Tara
Based on the title and description I though this would be a book packed full of clean, healthy recipes. I was dismayed to find out I had been mislead. Many of the recipes call for pre-made ingredients as well as a heavy reliance on dairy. I had higher hopes for this cookbook.
Lisa
this one was 10x better than this other one that i went through. i actually went and put this in my amazon cart. there were many things that i would make. i love the taste of quinoa and to see so many different ways to use it and make it taste good YUM!!!
Loraine
The title snookered me in. I love quinoa & have a number of most excellent recipes, several of them from one of the Moosewood cookbooks. However, they layout was too busy, the glossy finish more appropriate for a coffee table edition, the binding too tight . . . and the recipes were a disappointment. Why? Too many packaged ingredients in some of the recipes. Now wouldn't you think a Polenta Lasagna recipe would start with telling you how to make quinoa polenta, rather than calling for "2 18 ...more
Maggie
Only a few pages of nutritional information and the different types of quinoa.

I've tried one recipe, which was delicious, and plan to try more. This is not a vegetarian/vegan cookbook, but most of the recipes can be tweaked.

I found the layout of the pages a little confusing and busy.

I would recommend to anyone interested in cooking with quinoa.
Mckinley
While there are lots of pictures, they didn't look very appetizing. Lots of adding cooked quinoa to green salads. Lots of premade ingredients always make me less interested in the recipe and cookbook overall. The editing is very messed up which makes me wonder about the overall quality...
Take away: try using guinoa flour.
Tanya
The recipes look good, but sometimes an ingredient is listed, but then not used. I think I will try some of the recipes from www.cookingquinoa.net before investing in this book. The salads look good and all the different dressings; was also intrigued by a couple of the breakfast items.
Michelle
Liked this. There was even nutritional data, but somewhat uneven (for some reasons, some recipes had protein content in the nutritional info and some didn't.) Will definitely be trying a few recipes from here.
Love & Flour
This cookbook is full of original ideas, but a lot of the recipes are simple variations on other recipes found in the book. The photography leaves a lot to be desired.
Susan Banner

Looking forward to trying many of these recipes. Will probably have to purchase a copy!
I enjoyed the one recipe that I did make (quinoa with kale pecan pesto). It was delish!
Choopie
Can't wait to try these recipes when I have my new kitchen.
Sri
Quinoa, how do I love thee
let me count the ways
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Julia Riley
Julia Riley marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Erick Herring
Erick Herring marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Patricia Mccormick
Patricia Mccormick marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Robin
Robin is currently reading it
Julie Powell
Julie Powell marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Jennifer Heise
Jennifer Heise marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Gluten-Free Quintessential Quinoa Cookbook: Eat Great, Lose Weight, Feel Healthy Quintessential Quinoa Desserts