Start by marking “Anarchy Comics: The Complete Collection” as Want to Read:
Anarchy Comics: The Complete Collection

Anarchy Comics: The Complete Collection (Anarchy Comics #1-4)

Reviving an iconic comic series originally published from 1978 to 1986, this exclusive collection brings together the legendary four issues of "Anarchy Comics," the underground comic that melded anarchist politics with a punk sensibility, producing a riveting mix of satire, revolt, and artistic experimentation. The anthology features previously unpublished work by Jay Kinn ...more
Published December 15th 2012 by PM Press (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Anarchy Comics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anarchy Comics

Stewart Tame
Apr 23, 2014 Stewart Tame rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! I remember picking up a copy of issue #2 of this title at the comics shop back in the day and finding it fascinating reading. Anarchy was one of the comics that bridged the gap between the undergrounds and the indie titles of the '80s. We have underground stalwarts like Gilbert Shelton and Spain Rodriguez, as well as cartoonists who would go on to greater fame in the '80s and '90s like Norman Dog, Gary Panter and Steve Lafler. As with any anthology title, some pieces are stronger than ...more
Benjamin
Jan 06, 2014 Benjamin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: resistance, comics
Mostly really great comic art by some heavies from the underground scene, like Spain Rodriguez and Paul Mavrides. Also some interesting stuff from European artists I hadn't heard of before. If you are dogmatic about anything, you will be infuriated by this collection, or at the very least, terribly offended. If you're here for the comics and not so much the anarchy, then this will be a lot of irreverent fun.
Michael
Dec 31, 2013 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one will occupy a place of honor in my comics collection. A totally unique publication, a mix of humor, political analysis, history, more humor, and a few totally weird indefinable things thrown in. Some great art, especially from Jay Kinney, Sharon Rudahl, Clifford Harper, Spain Rodriguez, and a bunch of others. Doesn't take itself too seriously but also allows for moments of seriousness when called for. A historical document from the late 70s and 80s, punk rock, intellectual, satirical, u ...more
Bill Weinberg
Well, actually I read the comic books when I was a young anarchist back in the early '80s... made a big impression on me, definitely informed my hippie-punk hybrid anarchist attitude and aesthetic... Brought back memories to look at them again... Good stuff (mostly). Spain Rodriguez's depictions of the Spanish anarchists and Makhnovists are the most didactic.
David James
Oct 14, 2014 David James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A mixed bag as any collection like this is bound to be, but the best stuff shows what can be done with comics when very smart people produce them. Also, having Jesus be left behind at the Rapture for being Jewish was sheer comedic brilliance.
Joshum Harpy
Jul 15, 2015 Joshum Harpy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I loved the style and the premise, but not nearly enough substance, as all the stories were 1-3 pages long and didn't really get a chance to develop as much as I'd like. Totally awesome to see the early work from Melinda Gebbie, though.
James Eckman
I think I paged through some of these in the distant past. They seem familiar and a bit nostalgic. Arts not the point in these, though some of it's pretty good. Punk Rock! Etc.
Ben
Dec 08, 2016 Ben rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: plano-library
Light on actual clear discussion of concepts but heavy on obsessively dense theory talk and punk stereotypes dressed as Crumb style comix.
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2013
Christopher Mahoney
Christopher Mahoney rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Richard Cody
Richard Cody rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
Cole Smith
Cole Smith rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Ivy Foley
Ivy Foley rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2017
Gunnar Paesbrugge
Gunnar Paesbrugge rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2015
Dan Clore
Dan Clore rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Thomas
Thomas rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2017
David Skies
David Skies rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Asmith
Asmith rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2015
William
William rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2013
Brent
Brent rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2012
Frank
Frank rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2013
You Fool
You Fool rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2013
Miro R
Miro R rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Chris Estey
Chris Estey rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2013
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Sébastien Coutu
Sébastien Coutu rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Jorge Palacios
Jorge Palacios rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015