Start by marking “Forget me not” as Want to Read:
Forget me not

Forget me not

After the sudden death of her mother, 36-year-old Anna Temple is forced to re-evaluate her life. She swaps hedge funds in the City for herbaceous borders and takes up garden designing. At the same time, she must cope with another dramatic change -- the arrival of her daughter, Milly, the result of an uncharacteristic one-night stand. As Anna struggles with magnolias, not t ...more
341 pages
Published March 31st 2007 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Forget me not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forget me not

Sep 24, 2016 Margi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good heart warming read with a very likeable protagonist which gave me hours of reading pleasure.
Karen Field
I chose this book to read for two reasons: 1) I had three days of train travel left for the year and wanted to be sure to finish whichever book I started (because I knew I wouldn’t do any reading over the holidays), and, 2) I wanted to read something light and fun. Before I go any further, I will admit that I’m not a big chic fic fan.

Having made that admission, I honestly did enjoy Forget Me Not. It was a bit predictable, but it did speak to the heart regarding relationships and the decisions we
Dec 04, 2012 Cláudia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cosy-chick-lit, 2008
2007 was the year I discovered Isabel Wolff and what a great discovery that was. I thought she was just another chick lit author but her books are much more than that. Her heroines are brave, strong, intelligent women who lead ordinary lives and laugh and suffer just like the rest of us, and the male caracters have flaws like everyone else.
Anna Temple has gone through some difficult times, her mother dies suddenly and then she finds herself pregnant of a man who decides not to stay with her. The
Sep 16, 2009 Leah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2009
Forget Me Not was one of my favourite reads by Isabel Wolff. I’ve enjoyed most of the books I’ve read by her but Forget Me Not was brilliant. I love when a book is written in first-person style it’s so easier to follow a story, I think.

Anna Temple’s mother has just died and that’s where the story starts: they’re clearing out her parents’ old house as her dad is moving closer to Anna. I loved all the flower references even if I’m no way flower-worldly.

The book not only explores bereavement but al
Sep 15, 2015 Putri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Mom gave this book to me months ago but at first I wasn't interested bcs lately I've been loving science fiction and fantasy novels. Just after I finished The 5th Wave, I decided to pick this up.
Well, it started just okay and it begins to build up with conflict and more conflicts. I read it and really enjoyed every chapters.

The story is about Anna Temple in her 30s, single, and about to challenge her career in the city. She met a charming man and things start to shaken up. The man she loves
May 20, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Isabel Wolff's, Forget Me Not was written in 2007 and is the story of Anna Temple who gives up a successful career in the City to start her own garden design company after she re-evaluates her life following the shock of her mother's sudden death. At the very beginning of her new venture she meets and falls for a gorgeous guy, Xan, who is very dedicated to his own career. When Anna discovers she is pregnant Xan bolts through the stable door and life for Anna is forever changed, especially once h ...more
Dec 08, 2011 Tanja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I admit, I took the book cause it was cheap and the summary at the back didn't sound bad.

Somehow I got hooked right from the start.
The main character, Anna Temple, is going through some turbulences in her life. The book jumps from present to past and then back again. Somehow I would have prefered to have these changes in time more visible in the book, if just by paragraph but it flows together. That's something to get used to.

The story itself was cute. Although someone neither interested in chil
Aug 27, 2016 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The sparkling new novel from the bestselling author of ‘A Question of Love.’ Perfect for fans of Jane Green. After the sudden death of her mother, Anna Temple realises she needs to live for the moment and pursue her dream of becoming a garden designer. Swapping hedge funds for herbaceous borders, she says goodbye to City life for a fresh start in the country. But on the eve of her sparkling new future she meets the gorgeous Xan and their chance encounter changes her world in more ways than she c

Nov 16, 2010 Paleomichi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romanzi, rosa
Un romanzo rosa secondo me deve essere leggero e frizzante. Se voglio pensare e farmi problemi leggo Hannah Arendt, non Isabel Wolff.
In molto dei suoi romanzi compaiono temi "delicati" come l'adozione, un rapporto difficile con i genitori eccetera. Ma qui esagera, c'è un pieno di drammi da far impallidire "La vita in diretta". La morte della madre, essere madre single, il tizio violento, la ragazza alla pari immigrata che nasconde qualcosa, l'amica superproblematica e i suoi drammi, i rapporti
Dec 14, 2010 Beadyjan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Sheer reading pleasure a real feel good romance, just what I needed to chase away the winter blues, a nice easy read but not too light and fluffy or schmaltzy.

Following the sudden death of her Mum, thirtysomething Anna leaves a successful city career to become a garden designer, even so juggling work and a lively toddler the irrepressible Milly is never easy and finding true love even less so.

With a great cast of characters and a great balance of light and dark moments I thoroughly enjoyed this
En quelques 400 pages, nous suivons les déboires d'une jeune maman célibataire qui tente de porter plusieurs casquettes, avec succès, en même temps qu'elle cherche à s'occuper de sa vie sentimentale et pense avoir dégoté un secret familial. Cela se lit vite, mais ça manque clairement de romantisme. Pas un instant je n'ai rêvé, souri ou tourné les pages avec avidité, j'étais en demande, en peine aussi, parce que rien ne collait à mes attentes, et j'ai terminé le roman sur une pointe d'amertume. C ...more
Jun 12, 2015 Karschtl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A surprisingly nice chick-lit with protagonist Anna having very a nice job (Garden designer, and it's obviously quite easy in London to acquire wealthy clients who want to have their garden redesigned for thousands of pounds!) and a complicated love-life. Or none at all, for that matter. At least after her daughter Milly is born. But of course, men enter her life at a later point and bring some trouble. Plus, she discovers a family secret her parents have always kept from their children!
Very joy
Kathy Chung
Mar 30, 2011 Kathy Chung rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
Reviewed at : Mama Kucing Books : Forget Me Not by Isabel Wolff

Not a bad read. Not your typical Chit-lit also. However, there is room for improvement. Wish she had elaborate more on the part of her father and about Anna's brother, Mark. The explanation at the end was quite abrupt. There was not really anything much that build up to the grand finish.
A light romantic comedy read that was cute and funny. The book was pretty predictable, but still was pretty good. The character Anna was likable and I would love to see more books with her. I was always entertained while reading this book. A good book for people into gardening. A good read and can;t wait to see more of the authors other work.
Oct 05, 2014 prettybooks rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pal
Isabel Wolff m’avait habitué à une chick-lit beaucoup plus originale et passionnante, et Accroche-toi Anna! s’est révélé être une déception. Une lecture monotone, à l’image de son héroïne, sans aucun sujet réellement approfondi. J’ai cru que je ne le terminerai jamais!

Ma chronique :
Oct 14, 2013 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like these light romantic comedies. Yes, they are predictable, but I like the characters and I am always entertained. This is a wonderful book for gardeners - which I am not. I would rate this a 3 1/2. I keep all her books on my e-library shelf when I need a lift!
This book quickly became one of my favourites. I loved the idea of incorporating different types of flowers so it made for a really interesting read. This book ticked all the elements of romance and drama. It was perfect!
Nov 23, 2011 Alison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un livre qui fait des allers retours entre le passé et le futur, ce qui permet à l'histoire d'être plus allégée et plus intrigante.
Un livre superbe,
On s'attend plus ou moins la fin mais j'ai été soulagée du choix du personnage.
This is a lovely book in the decent chick-lit genre. It was very easy to read and had a good plot with a few twists and turns. It was predictable but not in an obvious way so it kept me reading. I definitely want to read me by this author.
Kirsty Wayland
Feb 01, 2015 Kirsty Wayland rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Yes it's chick lit, and yes, you can see the plot outline immediately but it's really very well done. I was stressed and anxious about medical stuff and needed a book that was nice, absorbing and had a happy ending and it fit the bill perfectly.
Sally Warrilow
Aug 17, 2013 Sally Warrilow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't sure when I first started this book but after a couple of chapters found myself engrossed and had to finish it. It was nice that although it had a happy ending Anna didn't end up with who you thought she would which would have been the typical ending
Apr 23, 2009 Sharon rated it liked it
A lovely read for those who like intelligent chicklit with a likable heroine in Anna, who finds herself in the unenviable position of becoming a single parent after an uncharacteristic one night stand. Funny, sad and uplifting with an ending that is not too saccharine. Sweet book.
Sep 13, 2011 betti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really liked it ! It's a quick read, but refreshing; I read it in one afternoon, I was surprised I liked that much, it was a book I got for free, I'd recommend it !
May 07, 2010 Lils rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
De la chick lit dans toute sa splendeur. Un livre vraiment sympa pour se detendre, mais c'est tout ;-)
Nov 02, 2013 Candice rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Parts of this were good. It started well. It was very disjointed and then BAM there was the end. Wouldn't read again.
Dora Okeyo
Quite some turn of events take place in this book- and the one thing that stays true is family.
I enjoyed reading this.
Nicole Carey
Feb 11, 2014 Nicole Carey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, nice easy read, loved the lead character Anna.
A nice book to get in to didnt involve too much thinking and though slightly predictable its a lovely story.
Aug 05, 2011 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit long winded, and then almost like a rushed ending, an easy read though, but I kind of felt like I had to finish it
Apr 27, 2011 Ann rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story of Anna who changes jobs after her mothers sudden death and her unexpected pregnancy. And how some if the best things in life are not planned.
Oct 26, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely heart-warming story ... without being sickly nice!!! Lots going on, yes a little transparent sometimes, but I did really enjoy it.
  • Busy Woman Seeks Wife
  • Artistic License
  • Waxed
  • The Secret Life Of Evie Hamilton
  • Keeping It In The Family
Isabel Wolff's ten bestselling novels are published worldwide. 'Ghostwritten', set in present day Cornwall and on wartime Java, was published in the UK in March 2014 and will be published in the US in February 2015 as 'Shadows Over Paradise'. 'The Very Picture of You' was published in the UK and the US in October 2011. 'A Vintage Affair', was an 'Best of 2009' title and was shortliste ...more
More about Isabel Wolff...