Start by marking “Dance to the Piper: (The O'Hurleys)” as Want to Read:
Dance to the Piper: (The O'Hurleys)

Dance to the Piper: (The O'Hurleys #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  2,536 ratings  ·  77 reviews
AVAILABLE DIGITALLY FOR THE FIRST TIME
Nora Roberts, "a consistently entertaining writer" ("USA Today"), delivers the story of Maddy O'Hurley-one of Broadway's brightest stars-whose passion for dance and for life captures the attention of business mogul Reed Valentine.
"Dance to the Piper" includes an exclusive preview of Nora Roberts's new book "The Witness."
Published January 1st 2012 by Portfolio (Creative Services) Ltd (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Dance to the Piper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dance to the Piper

Saly
I really enjoyed this book because it was about how opposites attract and the heroine Maddy had this energy inside her that attracted people to her, she was despite her success in Broadway so sweet and down to earth and perfectly balanced the hero who was a cynic. I loved her impulsiveness, how she invited the hero to dinner to her house, her eclectic taste in decorating, everything.

She is an enigma to the hero, who is a cynic and business-minded. It's his company that is financing her new play
Melodie
The second chapter of the O'Hurley triplets is Maddie's story. A true free spirit, she is really a chip of the old block. Her life path has led her to Broadway where she has thrived.
When she bumps into(literally)the financial backer of her current play she is bowled over.And Reed Valentine(gotta love that last name)is intrigued and smitten.
But of course,love has to take the bumpy road. And there are potholes aplenty.Opposites attract, but they aren't guaranteed a happy ending.
As in the Abby
Cris
Gostei da Maddy, ela é porreta!! E confesso que estava com medo de ler o livro, pois das 3 irmãs ela me pareceu a mais desinteressante.

Ledo engano... Ela pode até parecer meio bobinha, mas é só aparência. A mulher tem uma tenacidade de ferro!

Maddy é uma atriz de musicais, e esta ensaiando para uma nova peça, quando é assaltada e conhece Reed Valentine ao mesmo tempo. Ele vê aquela moça magrinha disputando uma mochila com um assaltante e corre em seu socorro, não que precisasse, mas sabe como é.
Rebekah
Another Rich boy falls hard for the low/middle class beauty. Sigh* What can I say :)
Jacob Proffitt
This is the second of the O'Hurley series and first published over 20 years ago. And again, it serves to highlight Roberts' growth since that time. Unfortunately, it's also worse than its predecessor.

Maddy O'Hurley is the dancer of the family. Dance permeates her life, as does an innate optimism and willingness to see the best in people. And it's a good thing she does because Reed is a first-class jerk. The book tries to justify his jerkness by ascribing it to the “betrayal” of his mother when h
Isabella Kai
A story of an optimist and a cynic, a dreamer and a realist. A dance to the love tune of the life piper.

I love Maddy's energy. It's like she never gets tired and while I was reading her I feel like I'm being sucked into a mini-whirlwind and I can't stop myself from twirling. I love the dance theme. I love any story that has to do with dance and Maddy is the perfect dance character for me. She's driven, passionate, talented and most of all she's grounded. I love her warm nature and how she can br
Debbie
Maddy O'Hurley is a star even if she doesn't act like it. Her name is in lights, she draws crowds to all her performances, but she is always open to more. Reed Valentine just might be that more that she is looking for. He is a no nonsense business man who always has a plan and a contract to fulfil. What he doesn't realize is that the best contract may not be as easy as all that.

Book 2..... This is a fun and light hearted story, the personal interaction between Maddy and Reed are laugh out loud f
Arianna
I enjoyed Maddy and Reed SO MUCH MORE than Abigail and Dylan. Their relationship and chemistry just SPARKED. Everything about them was just fun and bright even during the rough spots. Total dorks about each other, I loved this one.
Titinha Scaeiro
4,5... Gostei tanto da Maddy, tão querida, tão leve... Foi bom saber como está a Abby!!! Adoei! :D
Jen
Maddy O'Hurley is taking Broadway by storm. She's been cast in her most demanding role, playing a stripper named Merry Widow. Backing the play is a music mogul, Valentine Records, and it's president Reed Valentine is in for a surprise when he meets Maddy. She is unlike any woman he's ever known. Fame hasn't went to her head and she's as fresh and open in her feelings as a young kid. Reed is immediately drawn to her, but having a horrible experience with marriage from his parents, he's reluctant ...more
OpenBookSociety.com

Brought to you by guest reviewer Jesse J.

Life on Broadyway is all she ever wanted, until she met Reed. Maddy O’ Hurley is a dreamer with raw talent, who is kind and famous. Brought and raised into the world by two performers, she is quite content with her life. While being mugged, she meets the sexiest, most intriguing man, Reed Valentine. Unaware of his cynicism and past betrayals Maddy pursues the man who is financially backing the play in which she star
Jessi
Maddy O'Hurley is a recently broken out Broadway star. She left her last play in the middle of a very successful run because she felt she had given all she could. Now in rehearsals for a new play, this sparkling actress is surprised to meet her new angel (play backer) when he interrupts a mugging.
Reed Valentine isn't sure what to make of this intriguing woman. She's nothing like the society women that he's used to dating, but he's strongly drawn to her.
The push-and-pull of both their emotions an
Adriana Fogaça
Maddy
Nora Roberts
Os OHurley 02
Harlequin
2014

Não há dúvidas que Maddy é a mais maluquinha das trigêmeas. Identifiquei-me com muito com ela. É uma pessoa positiva, sem medo de arriscar e encarar o desconhecido.

Quando se apaixona é uma figuraça. Pena que Reed deu muito trabalho, se ele fosse menos desconfiado, tudo teria sido mais fácil e rápido.

Quer ler a resenha completa e muito mais, visite o blog Momentos da Fogui:

Marjorie
I wanted to like this book because the concept was sweet, but I'm finding that I have a hard time getting sucked in to Roberts' characters and their situations. I found Maddy to be cute and likable but slightly unrealistic. Reed was pretty flat as well. I'm starting to see a predictable trend with Roberts' characters -- they're all good hearted and extremely good looking, but they have one problem that keeps them from loving. Eventually they overcome that one issue, no matter how deep that issue ...more
Judith
Dit boek gaat over een drieling, die bestaat uit drie zeer verschillende zussen en hun oudere broer. Hun ouders zijn artiesten en zijzelf zijn ook opgegroeid als artiesten. Een van de zussen heeft een slecht huwelijk achter de rug met een heel bekende autocoureur die zich heeft doodgereden. Een journalist komt bij haar voor informatie over een biografie van die coureur. drie keer raden wat er gebeurt. Een andere zus speelt op Boadway in een musical die wordt gefinanciert door een erg rijke en ke ...more
Deborah Vespo
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Unbelievable I know but here was a Trilogy, or it may be a quad - I'm not considering the brother in this, that I haven't read written by Nora Roberts. The O'Hurley's Trilogy. Loved this book! Maddy is such an endearing character by her zest for life, her determination, and her very comfortableness with who she is. She grew up with a family that traveled around a lot - they were entertainers in every sense of the word - singers, dancers, and actors. Maddy is one of a triplet of
Kathy
Duncan Mandel

EDITORIAL REVIEW:

Book 2 in *The O'Hurley Collection*

**A New York Times Bestseller**

Though her name was up in lights, Maddy O'Hurley cared nothing for the trappings of stardom. All that mattered was dancing. But Reed Valentine's only passions were wealth and power . . . until Maddy engaged the mesmerizing mogul in the daring dance of love.

Libbi
I loved this! The character of Maddy is so real and so true to the thousands of theatre artists in the industry. I felt Reed was a little to contrived, though I guess that fits with his character's story. I kept waiting for there to be some consequence of the backer of the production and the star hooking up, though perhaps that wasn't as big a deal at the time this book was written. I also loved the family scenes. The O'Hurleys are such a fun bunch! Overall, it was a very enjoyable read.
Maria
Not sure why I didn't get into this as much as the first in the series. I guess I had trouble relating to Maddie and Reed. There weren't many of those small moments as in the first book that made the characters come alive. The way Maddie ate was certainly one of them. On the other hand I love watching plays, in New York and everywhere else, but know next to nothing about what goes into the production of a play, so I truly enjoyed the backstage insights. I have grown used to Ms. Roberts' amazing ...more
Zauberfeder Gedankenschnörkel
Nora Roberts erzählt auf den 181 Seiten von Tanz der Sehnsucht die Geschichte von Madeline O'Hara und dem Mann, den sie liebt. Während Maddy eine offene und lebensfrohe junge Frau ist, die im Einklang mit ihren Gefühlen lebt und bei allem, was sie tut, 100% gibt, ist Roy ein sehr ernster und kühler Mann.
Wird es Maddy mit ihrem Optimismus gelingen, Roy davon zu überzeugen, dass sie eine gemeinsame Zukunft haben können?

Ich fand Tanz der Sehnsucht mit der hart arbeitenden Tänzerin besser als So nah
Ayu Wirdha
Ga suka dgn tipe cerita yg ceweknya ngejar2 si cowok. Kalo ceritanya lebih ttg penyatuan 2 karakter, kebiasaan & latar belakang Maddy & Reed yg beda jauh, pasti lebih menarik. Reed yg kaku, conservative, pendiam, rapih dgn Maddy yg ceria, berantakan, impulsif.
Denise Vasfaret
Dancer meets business man and charms her way . Into his hardened heart

I enjoyed every page. Couldn't put down. Colorful characters and entertaining look at the life an and daily challenges of the theater performers.

Lisa Wilson
Maddy's story

2nd book in the series I almost cried several times for maddy's honesty and big heart. The first book was great the last honest woman and I can't wait to read skin deep. Nora's the best.
Sasha
Easy to read, enjoyable, don't have to engage brain and finished it in about 5 hours. Typical Nora Roberts. No complaints but nothing earth shattering either. :)
Kiki Miranti
definitely one of nora's best. i'm saying that because this book, i thought, was more different than her usual.
it still has the same pattern as her usual books, but instead of 1 conflict before the ending, she added 2! other than that, the most exciting thing about this book is that it was so unexpected. while i was reading, i couldn't think about what would happen because the characters are so predictable yet so unpredictable.
i don't know if other people thinks the same as i do, but i am certai
Pam
I loved this book. It touched me in so many ways with so many emotions. I found myself in tears many times.
Juuli
Maddy, one of the O'Hurley triplets, is rehearsing for a new Broadway show. The same show is sponsored by a record company. Maddy meets the owner's son Reed and falls in love. Unfortunately Reed doesn't believe in love and has huge trust issues.

My mind was wandering while reading this. Maddy and Reed were both cute but somehow flat. I also felt that there wasn't enough interaction for them to fall in love. Sure, they dated but reader got only a few glimpses of that. I also hoped to read more abo
Carrie Felton
June 15 2015
The first time I read this, I actually listened to the audiobook and fell in love with the characters. This time, while I stilled loved the story and the characters, the experience was completely different. I have to say though, that Maddy is a trouper. She waits for Reed with patience of a saint.
I love the O'Hurleys so much! The way Nora writes them is one in a million. I loved this story so much.

July 20, 3013
Wonderful story! Just amazing. Maddy and Reed and Edwin and everyone were
Mariana
This book, made me almost cry. I love it
  • Husband by the Hour (Hometown Heartbreakers, #7)
  • Ryan's Place  (The Devaneys #1)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Beyond Seduction (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #321)
  • Hot for Him (Harlequin Blaze, #326)
  • A Woman's Touch
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • Tempted
  • The Lost (includes In Death, #29.5)
  • House of Glass
  • Kiss and Dwell (Harlequin Blaze #325)
  • Ambushed! (McCalls' Montana #3)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Too Wicked To Kiss (Wicked Sinful #1)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

The O'Hurleys (4 books)
  • The Last Honest Woman (The O'Hurleys, #1)
  • Skin Deep (The O'Hurleys, #3)
  • Without A Trace (The O'Hurleys #4)