Start by marking “Night Season (World of the Lupi, #4)” as Want to Read:
Night Season (World of the Lupi, #4)

Night Season (World of the Lupi #4)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,976 Ratings  ·  140 Reviews
Pregnancy has turned FBI Agent Cynna Weaver's whole life upside down. Lupus sorcerer Cullen Seabourne is thrilled to be a father, but what does Cynna know about kids? Her mother was a drunk and her father abandoned his family. Or so she's always believed...

As Cynna is trying to wrap her head around this problem, a new one pops up in the form of a delegation from another re
Published January 2nd 2008 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Night Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Season

Moon Called by Patricia BriggsCry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMagic Bites by Ilona AndrewsBitten by Kelley ArmstrongShiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Best Shapeshifter/Werewolf books
298th out of 1,126 books — 1,698 voters
Moon Called by Patricia BriggsCry Wolf by Patricia BriggsLone Wolf Rising by Jami BrumfieldBlood Bound by Patricia BriggsMagic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Werewolves, Witches, Dragons and More
92nd out of 490 books — 366 voters

More lists with this book...

Jenni Lea

I think this is my favorite so far.
Catherine
3.5 Stars

***SPOILERS FOR THE PREVIOUS BOOKS***

Boy, was I relieved to see the pacing improve in this book! The last one had me a little nervous about a new writing trend, but it was back to normal here. We didn't suffer from constant pov shifts, although there were some that didn't overwhelm the story.

I'm still not as interested in Cullen and Cynna as I was in Lily and Rule. The actual overreaching story arc still hooked me, but I didn't really work up much enthusiasm for the actual relationship
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

Night Season takes this series on a bit of a detour to another realm. I enjoyed the adventure and the different kinds of creatures but wasnt 100% sure of how the medallion and quest really fit in with Lily and Rule and the Lupi story arc. It was fun to see Gan find a purpose though (besides hunting "fishies").
Jen (Red Hot Books)
May 09, 2016 Jen (Red Hot Books) rated it really liked it
It’s interesting to me that so many people liked this book a little less than the first three, because it features Cynna and Cullen instead of Lily and Rule. I think that’s actually why I liked it more. It’s not that I dislike the original lead characters; it’s just that their romance was a bit lacking –at least for me. They’re mates. They really have no choice but to be together. It’s different with Cynna and Cullen. There is no physical imperative for them to be a couple. Their relationship is ...more
Fangs for the Fantasy
May 05, 2014 Fangs for the Fantasy rated it it was ok
Cynna is a Finder, and a damn good one, able to find almost everything over a vast range. It’s a power that is high in desire – including by the Gnomish rulers of Edge, another realm that is now accessible after the magic flares.

The Realm is in danger – but the ambassadors from Edge are certainly not to be trusted and may have their own agenda.

On top of this, Cynna has to deal with her feelings on another matter – she’s pregnant, and the father is a sorcerer who is essential to their plan for Ed
Regina
3.5-3.75 stars. Night Season centers on Cynna and Cullen. Rule and Lily appear briefly, but it is not their story. Cynna and Cullen are two of my favorite characters in Wilks' World of the Lupi world. The world in Night Season is lushly developed, the details are just enough but not overwhelming. There is a decent amount of humor and some decent sexy time. But despite my enjoying these aspects of the book, the story seemed rush, wrapped up too quickly and was decent but not the best I read in th ...more
Steph
While I enjoyed this installment, it wasn't my favorite. I did enjoy the focus shift to Cynna and Cullen, the introduction of some very interesting characters, and Gan. She stole a lot of the scenes in this one. Her love of chocolate seems almost as strong as mine. :)

I look forward to reading Wilks' free short about "the event" (CYNCERELY YOURS) and seeing what one of the side-effects of the magical shift will have on the Lupi going forward.

(3.5 stars)
Daisa
May 30, 2016 Daisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4.75

I still don’t want to jinx it, so I’m going to continue to refrain from saying that this series is great...There are 12 books in this series so far and that is more than enough room for things to go left. So I’m just taking each book one at a time and enjoying them as they come.

Night Season is book four in the World of Lupi series and is a little bit different than the previous three books in that, the majority of the book is focused on the adventures of Cynna and Cullen. Cynna is a

~Leslie~
Jun 30, 2013 ~Leslie~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book-nook
Such an intelligent series. Every time I read a book in this series, I am amazed and intrigued all over again. This book continues with Cullen and Cynna as they travel to a magical realm called Edge. She is trying to find a medallion that is messing with the magical realms and he follows her. The Edge is a really interesting place and they encounter all sorts of mayhem and magic while there. Loved it!
Katyana
Aug 24, 2011 Katyana rated it really liked it
****3.75****

Well, it turns out that I liked this one a lot more than I was expecting to. The only real negative was Cullen. Now granted, that's a big negative, given that he's the hero. He just doesn't interest me at all - I find him to be an unjustifiably arrogant, selfish, bossy know-it-all jerk.

Alright, so now that that's out of the way, let's talk about the good stuff.

Cynna. She's pretty great. I liked watching her come to find her self-confidence as a leader. She cares about her people, and
Sandra
Feb 05, 2013 Sandra rated it really liked it
Fourth book in the World of the Lupi series and most of it happens in an offshoot of Faerie called the Edge. Sound familiar? Well this one was written first. LOL.

The first 3 books center around Rule, wolf heir of the Nicolai Pack and FBI Agent Lily Yu, but this one moves to FBI Agent Cynna Weaver, a Finder and Cullen Seaborne, a wolf sorcerer of the Nicolai Pack.

All 4 of them are recovering from the events of the previous book when a trio of beings, led by a Gnome appear in a shopping center, lo
Amy A
Feb 08, 2012 Amy A rated it it was amazing
Shelves: world-of-lupi
So far, this has been the best book in the series. This book primarily features Cynna and Cullen. Rule and Lily make bookend appearances in the story, though don't worry.

This book picks up about a month after the end events of Blood Lines as well as the events in the anthology On the Prowl. Kai and Nathan's story continues in this book and "Inhuman" is a nice lead in.

Cynna is still coming to terms with being pregnant. After denying the possibility for so long she finally accepts that she is ind
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

A magic medallion...

A diplomatic envoy from another realm...

A dragon who doesn’t like to share...

...and a tester that turns the wrong color when she pees on it. FBI Agent Cynna Weaver’s life is a little too full right now. She’s pregnant--and lupus sorcerer Cullen Seabourne is the father. Cullen is thrilled. Cynna can barely utter the p-word. What does she know about kids? Her mother was a drunk. Her father abandoned them. Or so she’s always believed...

But things could be worse. She mig
Tracy
Mar 04, 2011 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
~* 4.5 Stars *~
Finder and FBI Agent Cynna Weaver is just starting to accept that she's pregnant, that she and the lupus Cullen Seaborne are going to have a child, when a delegation from the alternate realm of Edge show up in a fountain in a Washington D.C. mall. Offering trade with Earth for assistance in locating a medallion that controls the balance in Edge, the members of the delegation are cagey and secretive, and refuse to speak openly without a magical shield in place. A shield that only C
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Dec 07, 2011 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
This is my favorite story of the series so far. I really enjoyed the story, the romance, and suspenseful moments. Cullen and Cynna are an interesting couple. He's a sorcerer lupi stripper. (The occupation does not play a role in the book.) She an FBI agent and gifted Finder. Gan, the demon introduced in Mortal Danger, is growing a soul and the feeling attached to it. Whereas I found this little demon annoying in previous books her moments in this installment were touching.

In this story, Cynna f
Zel Polev
Dec 31, 2015 Zel Polev rated it really liked it
Paige Ellen Stone
Sep 25, 2015 Paige Ellen Stone rated it it was amazing
I admit to being slow to warm to this series. There is no question that Ms Wilks is a masterful writer. I must admit that, at times, I have to go back and reread some of the previous pages to fully understanding what is going on at a given point in the book. I have no doubt, this is the best book of the series so far. The reader gets to know Cullen Seabourne and Cynna Weaver, usually more peripheral characters, both of whom have talents that are quite magical. Seaborne is not only a werewolf, bu ...more
Heather
Feb 26, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
Edge, the world that Cynna, Cullen, and a few others get pulled off to, is an interesting locale. The only thing that keeps it stable is a medallion that’s been stolen, and that will destroy the minds of anyone who picks it up who isn’t supposed to (and it chooses its own bearer). Cynna has been brought here to use her Gift to Find the medallion. It’s gone far enough away, of course, that Finding it will be tricky at best. And of course there are plenty of dangerous things to get caught up in al ...more
Sho
Feb 18, 2011 Sho rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Titou
Aug 18, 2015 Titou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Une série que j'apprécie toujours autant. Je prends toujours plaisir à retrouver cet univers et surtout les personnages. Romance, intrigue, suspens, magie, action, lupins... une lecture riche et agréable

Mon avis : http://les-lectures-de-titou.over-blo...
Louisa
Nov 17, 2015 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Yes, awesome book! I enjoyed it so much, and so glad that I waited to read On the Prowl before reading this, because Kai and Nathan are pretty important in this book! Really enjoyable, and I can't wait to read more of this series!
Kathy
Theresa
Mar 04, 2016 Theresa rated it really liked it
Cynna’s trying to cope with being pregnant and Cullen’s presence in her life. She’s attracted to him, but is his attention just for the baby or for her?

Meanwhile as the world is coping with the massive arrival of magic, visitors from the Edge arrive to negotiate ‘trade’ but their real goal is much craftier.

Cynna, Cullen and their friend’s journey and adventures in the Edge are exciting. I enjoyed the chase through the mountains, but the city and the Chancellery were too weird and uncomfortable.
Pamela / SpazP
Jun 05, 2010 Pamela / SpazP rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My favorite of the series mostly because I ADORE Cynna and Cullen and I loved their story.
Julie
Nov 22, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Good addition to the series...really enjoy the relationship between Cullen and Cynna
Shari Kay
Aug 20, 2015 Shari Kay rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
3.25

Nice addition to the series, though I feel it's helpful to read Inhumanfirst, as the characters of Kai and Nathan play a role in NS, but not absolutely necessary.

So this is Cynna & Cullen's story. how they both deal with the fact that she's unexpectedly pregnant, and how they help save another dimension. Since the magic surges, and return of dragons, gates are reopening to other worlds, and one of them needs Cynna's help to find a medallion that basically regulates the weather.

I like Cy
Invested Ivana
Sep 04, 2015 Invested Ivana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, 2015
As many of you know, I’m making my way through the World of the Lupi series by Eileen Wilks in the GraphicAudio.net format. I know there are some vast differences of opinion about full-cast audios in the audiobook listening world, but I have to say, I love it. I haven’t experienced many other audios like this, however, so I may be spoiled – GraphicAudio.net does a really good job with voices and sound effects, and I don’t know if the quality is typical or not.

I’m getting less perturbed by the ro
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
PepperP0t
3.75stars really
Cynna and Cullen are tricked into opening a gate to the Edge realm. Lured by intimations of open trade with the human earth realm, the government and demons from the Edge work together to enlist Cynna's help. She is further intrigued by information of her father being alive there.
Cynna is coping with a new life and new life with Cullen when she decides to take on the finding assignment and locate a lost medallion for the demons. Not about to let Cynna out of his sight, Cullen is
May Mostly Romance
Oct 15, 2012 May Mostly Romance rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
ตัวเอกในเลมนีเปลียนไปจากรูลและลิลลี (ทีเปนตัวหลักในสามเลมแรก) มาเปนคัลเลนและชินนา ซึงเปนตัวละครรองทีมีบทสำคัญมาตลอด คราวนีถึงเวลาทีชินนาตองเผชิญกับความสัมพันธชนิดทีเธอปฏิเสธตัวเองมาตลอดวามีกับคัลเลน แตในเลมนีเธอปฏิเสธไมไดอีกตอไปแลว เพราะเธอพบวาตัวเองกำลังตังครรภลูกของเขาอยู

นันไมใชปัญหาเดียวทีเธอตองเผชิญ ความวุนวายทีเกิดขึนเนืองจากเหตุการณทีเรียกกันวา "The Turning" ซึงเปนเหตุการณทีเกิดในเลมสาม เหตุการณทีเวทมนตรกลับมาครอบคลุมพืนผิวโลกมนุษยอีกครัง แตเทคโนโลยีของโลกมนุษยไมอาจไปกันไดกับเวทมนตร มนุษยโ
  • Inked (World of the Lupi, #5.5)
  • The Dragon Conspiracy (SPI Files, #2)
  • Cold Blooded (Jessica McClain, #3)
  • Darklands (Deadtown, #4)
  • Witch Craft (Nocturne City, #4)
  • Lover Beware (Drake Sisters, #1; World of the Lupi, #0.5)
  • Nightwalker (Stormwalker, #4)
  • Hallowed Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #2)
  • One Good Dragon Deserves Another (Heartstrikers, #2)
  • Crimson Wind (Horngate Witches, #2)
  • Witching Moon (Moon #3)
  • Hunter's Moon (Nightcreature, #2)
  • Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)
  • Frostbound (The Dark Forgotten, #4)
  • Dead on Delivery (Messenger, #2)
  • Mona Lisa Craving (Monère: Children of the Moon, #3)
Eileen Wilks’ first book, a Silhouette Desire published in 1996, hit the USA Today Bestseller List and was nominated for Romantic Times' Best First Short Contemporary award. Since then, her books have appeared consistently on national bestseller lists. With thirty two books in print and novellas in nine anthologies, she has been a finalist in the prestigious Rita Awards three times, as well as rec ...more
More about Eileen Wilks...

World of the Lupi (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi, #1)
  • Mortal Danger (World of the Lupi, #2)
  • Blood Lines (World of the Lupi, #3)
  • Mortal Sins (World of the Lupi, #5)
  • Blood Magic (World of the Lupi, #6)
  • Blood Challenge (World of the Lupi, #7)
  • Death Magic (World of the Lupi, #8)
  • Mortal Ties (World of the Lupi, #9)
  • Ritual Magic (World of the Lupi, #10)
  • Unbinding (World of the Lupi, #11)

“It's okay to play turtle for a while, as long as you don't get too fond of your shell.” 8 likes