Somebody Else's Man

Somebody Else's Man

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  17 reviews
"Essence" bestselling author Daaimah S. Poole brings you the sizzling tale of two ex-best friends who can't forgive, won't forget. . .and will find out what matters most. . .Nicole and Tia just know nothing can break up their long-time friendship. But when a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity comes along, Tia takes her new boyfriend's advice to sue Nicole's mother after a car...more
Published December 1st 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published September 25th 2009)

India Jones-tanner
Daaimah Poole is one of my favorite authors, but this book was very bland, actually it was boring.

Nicole "Nikki" has had some really tough things happen in her short life. Her father never acknowledged her, her boyfriend is married, she is stuck at a dead end job, and her mother is a real piece of work. Her best friends Tia and Reshaun help her get through these situations and she is grateful for them.

After a night out drinking, Nicole does a favor for Tia, and she ends up having a wreck in her...more
OOSA
Nicole's Got a Man...Or Does She?,

Nicole Edwards has had her fair share of ups and downs in life. She has a decent job but may be on the verge of losing it. She bought her first home but was scammed by contractors. She got a man but he has a wife. Adding further to her downs, she and her best friend, Tia, have fallen out and want nothing to do with the other. When things don't look like they can get any worse, Nicole meets Dre. He's everything she's wanted in a man. Finally on an upward spiral...more
Eva Leger
Poole is one of my favorite urban fiction authors - she was there in the beginning when I first found and started reading the genre so I'll always be partial to her books. That being said, I wish I could rate this higher. But I can't and I'd be lying is I said this was as good as her earlier works.
There are some great things - the entire book is very relatable. I had a friend almost exactly like Tia, how hard it is finding a man, etc. All of that is something a lot of women can identify with. T...more
Rhonda
Somebody Else's Man was a funny yet drama filled read! Meet Nicole who is madly in love with a MARRIED man and continues to believe his lie that he is leaving his wife. While by day , she works as a manager at a hotel, she yearns for the true love of a male companion. Nicole never had the fatherly love of her own father but had a stepfather to fulfill that void. Her mom had a different personality and had problems showing Nicole her love. Then there is Tia and Reshaun, her BFF's/childhood friend...more
Sheila
Really quick read. I thought Nikki was an idiot. But she reminded me of many young women who make the wrong decision because her father is not in her life anymore. Girls who make the wrong decisions listening to their friends.
Natasha
Nice paced read (listen). I loved how Nicole developed over the story. She learned to stick to her guns and showed how that could work for and against you. She was very relatable and down to earth which made her likeable but also want to shake her when you knew she needed it. I like how the author touched on how tight women can be for years and then suddenly not, a real and unfortunate part of life. Everything seemed to come together for her once those two negative factors exited her life. But t...more
Vi Louise
This was my first introduction to this author although I see her books in the library quite often. The narrator does a pretty good job of nailing the expression needed for certain situations. A couple of times I thought it should have been said in a different way but not enough really to mention here (Odyssey ears working).

While the characters and plot were developed enough to keep my attention, I was often irritated by the direction - guess I've forgotten how gullible young girls can be. The t...more
Linda Boyd
This was a cute story, 2 friends, Nikki and Tia, had a huge fight and Tia moved away before they could get it resolved. But to me the real story is about Nikki and her life trying to find her soul mate, she grew up w/out her dad and felt that she made all of the wrong choices in a mate because of that. You should read this book to see if Nikki and Tia repair their broken friendship and if Nikki found her soulmate. You won't be disappointed in the story, I gave it 4 stars!!!
Zaneta
This book was pretty good. All though it was filled with drama it didn't match the synopsis. I was looking for more of a fight with Nikki and Tia which was called Kia in the synopsis. It really didn't happen til the end which still left a few questions unanswered. ”

Nicole
The synopsis of the book is wrong. The characters are Nicole and Tia. The man's name is Dondre Hill. Tia did not live in Florida, it was South Carolina.

The synopsis was very misleading.

I enjoyed the book, but there were some typos.
Kellee
This was a good read. Nicole got on my nerves A LOT. She seemed to be so naive and it got annoying hearing her go thru all the drama she created for herself. I wasn't surprised with the things revealed about Desmond.
Imani J
It was cool but not one of my favorites... Nikki was just to angry for me, and Tina had to many issues... the book was actually a lil annoying to me.
Ashley
This story was just ok for me.
Unique811
it was decent. then ending could've been a little better but it is what it is
Brandi
A bit dramatic for my taste.
Delonya
Final Rating 3.5 stars!
Amelia
Amelia is currently reading it
Jul 18, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Alfred Thompson
Alfred Thompson marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Marcie
Marcie marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Daaimah S. Poole was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA. She graduated from Temple University with a B.A. in journalism in 2003. While attending Temple, Daaimah worked almost every job imaginable – receptionist, car salesperson, bill collector, waitress, tutor, and substitute teacher. She would later say she was unintentionally doing character research.
Daaimah completed her first novel Yo Yo Love...more
More about Daaimah S. Poole...
Diamond Playgirls A Rich Man's Baby Yo Yo Love Ex-Girl to the Next Girl Got A Man