Blank-133x176
The Way I See It

Alan Sugar

The Way I See It

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  204 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Everyone knows that Lord Sugar has strong opinions and is not afraid to voice them - no matter how controversial they may be. His bestselling autobiography revealed his incredible rags to riches story; his new book takes us into the world of Alan Sugar: entrepreneur, Twitter addict, television star, peer of the realm, keen cyclist and bemused grandfather. You'll learn what...more
Published September 1st 2011 by MacMillan (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Way I See It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way I See It

Solange Hando
The Way I See It by Alan Sugar
Some say the Apprentice is staged but I do watch it (hoping the motivation might rub on) and I do like the man.
So I was given the book for Christmas, a strange choice maybe, as it's all about rants on current issues from footballers' behaviour to the compensation culture or how the government spends our money.
There's plenty of criticism but there are some positive points as well and since each chapter deals with a different issue, you can read them in any order you...more
Mark Warner
I was expecting more 'ranting' from this... but most of it turned out to be common sense! An enjoyable read with some good tips for life and business.
Delyse Richards
I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to start their own business as he has learnt from experience and has sound advice. Interesting and entertaining read
Chris
I enjoyed this. I reminded me in some respect of the Jeremy Clarkson books where the authopr is basically telling you what he thinks about lots of different things and eseentially that's what this is, Lord Sugar's take on the world. I enjoyed it but I would imagine some people would think he was a pompous ass who was preaching. I didn't think so and found myself agreeing with his work ethic - be careful work shy dole bludgers, he takes a pop at you lot more than once! Brilliant, cutting and an i...more
Michy
I found it interesting , sometimes cruel and sometimes funny. Reading this book is quite clear that the writer is an intelligent man, good manager of himself and of the person who lives around him, in term of work and privacy. Sir Sugar is a modern "dandy", cultured, sharp, sometimes gruff and with refined tastes. Nice reading but I don't suggest this book like a Bible: none can be like Sir Sugar, to be like him is something genes-related, 1 book or 100 books like these won't be enough for actin...more
Lesley Rollins
Nothing phases Sir Alan. I enjoyed his candid, intelligent perceptions. Particularly those of restaurants and nouvelle cuisine. He takes in holy cows with the diplomacy of a bull frog. But you didn't expect anything less. He never sugar coats anything. That is what I admire about him as a business man - he makes me laugh with his directness. Kudus to him to do a junior version of the apprentice. I think being fired at 10 would scar me for life!!
Kevin
Had to stop reading 1/4 of the way through. The book just bored me to be honest. I didn't agree with the way Alan Sugar put making money over his family, even after he hit the big money he didn't seem to devote any time to his family. I mustn't be as money driven as others therefore I closed the book after a few hundred pages and have moved on.
1 star from me although I do appreciate what Alan has done considering where he started.
Louise
Good read, some of the chapters, especially the apprentice ones were very interesting. I love nothing more than a good rant and was pleased with the way he presented his ranting- lots of reasoning. Some chapters were a little dull, the ones about football bored me a little but it still was pretty good.
Jon
Enjoyable read with some interesting insight, especially the chapters on football and tv companies. Best bits though are the stories about his businesses and how he got started, not enough of them but I guess he covered that in his autobiography. Might have to read that too.
Raisa Aida
Lord Sugar unique character is from far away well established in this book and I enjoyed every page . He knows how to speak straight and funny at the same time so If you learned not to take someone's opinions personally every single time you will enjoy this book.
Clare
Definitely a book that you read here and there. I do like Lord Sugar but this book just reminded me of a grumpy old man that hates this and hates that.

I think it's more relevant to those that are interested in starting their own business.
Peter
It does what it says on the tin (or the cover), it's a rant and I found it just about unreadable. What sugar says sometimes makes a lot of sense but the whole books was poorly presented and written. I don't suppose he cares one jot what I think!
Christopher
The way I see it Alan, you have way to much money anyway. I do not think there are to many people who are remotely interested in what you have to say. Dont bother with this rubbish from a greedy selfish man.
Book Addict Shaun
Clearly a cash in after his autobio success but an enjoyable read nonetheless. You definitely need to be a fan of Alan Sugar to appreciate and enjoy the book though in my opinion.
Karen
an interesting read. good to dip in and out of chapter by chapter.
not keen on him moaning that other celebs slag him off, by slagging them off.... pot kettle?
Lisa Bennett
A good read, but some boring chapters again, like his other book, where I found myself skipping sections, as he don't arf go on a bit. Otherwise a good read.
Ellen Stafford
I enjoyed this book for the most part but personally I found a few bits slightly boring but I think this is just because I am not interested in the subjects.
James Phillips
I never used to like him, but now I do. He's got a good grasp on the realities of life, very straight talking. It's an interesting but easy read.
Andrew Cox
The title says it all, if you want to know Alan sugars opinions on life crack on but I found it dull although I did read it all !!
Denise
another excellent book by the man himself, very funny in places, very down to earth and honest! Well worth a read!!!!
Rubén Rodríguez
Enjoyed reading about his experience in business, his views on the apprentice and the BBC
Jayne Grew
I really enjoyed this book.
I will take on board some of he's strategies of life
Sarah Wales
Interesting book showing its taken persistence & commitment for such success
Lovesreading06
It was interesting and i did agree with most of the things he said.
Jade
Very funny and I agree with practically everything lord sugar says!!
Sw1
great selection of fun rants from a man I have a lot of respect for
Harriet
Well, I read it... I guess it is just something to read.
Carrie Mcniven
A good read. Full of straight-talking and some funny rants!
James
Lord sugar talks a lot of sense!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
What You See Is What You Get: My Autobiography The CV (Alan Sugar) The Tiny Fork Diet The Apprentice: How to Get Hired Not Fired Prison Yoga