Start by marking “Loyalty 3.0: How to Revolutionize Customer and Employee Engagement with Big Data and Gamification” as Want to Read:

The New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller! The new secret to driving LOYALTY THAT PAYS

Once revolutionary, loyalty programs designed to differentiate products quickly became commoditized. And yet, billions of dollars are still spent every year on programs that are doomed to fail. These programs, it turns out, don't inspire long-term loyalty. Once a better deal c
Published June 18th 2013 by McGraw-Hill Education (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Loyalty 3.0, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loyalty 3.0

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. CoveyThink and Grow Rich by Napoleon HillGood to Great by James C. CollinsGetting Things Done by David Allen
Best Business Books
219th out of 579 books — 1,066 voters
Reality Is Broken by Jane McGonigalThe Gamification of Learning and Instruction by Karl M. KappRules of Play by Katie SalenA Theory of Fun for Game Design by Raph KosterDesigning Virtual Worlds by Richard Bartle
Gamification CMFUNED
9th out of 41 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Alan Kang
Jul 11, 2013 Alan Kang rated it it was ok
Didn't like it - not deep enough and full of buzzwords.
Carl Furry
Jun 11, 2013 Carl Furry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marketing
I had a chance to read an advanced copy, and I was taken by the link the author draws between video games and behavioral science, and how companies can use that link to motivate people to participate in something as mundane as an employee portal.

Big data plays a huge role here, too, and with the NSA finally putting this in the brains of people who don't work in IT, the timing seems perfect to talk about using big data for purposes other than ferreting out bad guys.

Some facts are true eye-openers
Gary Paulson
Aug 16, 2013 Gary Paulson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, a-netgalley
NetGalley offered this book for review. I am always looking for ways to engage both employees and customers at my business and gamification, the subject of this book, would be great if I can figure out how to do it.

Quote: "I wrote this book to share what we’ve learned with you and arm you with everything you need to know to build a loyalty and engagement program that drives a competitive advantage for your business."
Page: 18

My Blog: http://www.dogberrypatch.com/?p=5346
Erik Dewey
Jul 14, 2014 Erik Dewey rated it liked it
A decent read. Like many how-to books it is strong in setting up the problems but a little less strong in the execution. There is some gamification here, but mostly it is about customer engagement. There is good structure here and the real world examples did help solidify the points.

Not the quintessential book on the subject, but a good one to read none-the-less.
Trever
Jul 11, 2013 Trever rated it really liked it
Shelves: gamification
Great read on how to incorporate loyalty 3.0 into a workplace. Although, I am looking for ways to incorporate gamification into my classroom instead of the workplace it gave a good understanding of gamification and its principles. It would have been nice to see more on the gamification side of it, but this book was more based towards companies instead of me.
Alexander Kelley
Feb 01, 2016 Alexander Kelley rated it it was ok
Recommended to Alexander by: Amazon
The case studies were the big take away for me as I had already read a book that, I feel, did a better job of explaining how to setup a system like this.

This book had the extra little insight to focus on apply the gamification towards the employees as well, hence the 3.0. I feel a lot of the better companies were already on that route.
Keith Martin
May 18, 2014 Keith Martin rated it really liked it
Weak in the middle with too many shallow case studies, but the framework is solid and well argued, and the example in the appendix is worth the price of the book if you are paying attention. A lot of these elements have become obvious through their extensive use, but there is still a lot of value to be wrung from them.
Tina Hou
Jun 11, 2013 Tina Hou rated it it was amazing
I had a bunch of of "ah-ha!" moments while reading Loyalty 3.0. Chock full of interesting, real-life examples, this book provides a practical guide for leveraging motivation techniques to drive true loyalty.
Onur Yılmaz
Sep 06, 2014 Onur Yılmaz rated it it was amazing
It's a perfect book to start on topic gamification.Its internal structure (chapters and their orders) makes it efficient while reading. It's not a deep work in technical meaning, contains no implementation or code, but it's a good guide and a good starting point.
Graham Mumm
Oct 20, 2014 Graham Mumm rated it did not like it
Painfully basic overview.

This might be a good introduction if you've never been exposed to the internet/digital space before, but for those familiar with even basic terms/ideas/companies in this industry, this book has little to offer.
Brian Stevenson
Jun 01, 2014 Brian Stevenson rated it it was amazing
Great read! Helped me connect the dots between gamification, big data, and motivation. Information will be helpful in my new business venture.
Carrie Farina
Jan 03, 2015 Carrie Farina rated it liked it
Very interesting topic. Examples all within the companies clients (although this is disclosed at the beginning). Would like to read more on the topic from other case studies or authors.
Bert Janssens
Oct 13, 2014 Bert Janssens rated it really liked it
nice part on intrinsic motivation and the most important aspects of gamification. The big data part is too high level though.
Rajesh
Rajesh rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2013
Christopher J. McCaghren
Christopher J. McCaghren rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Hossam Gaber
Hossam Gaber rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Min C.
Min C. rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2015
Kailey
Kailey rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2013
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2014
Matthew
Matthew rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2014
Anton
Aug 19, 2016 Anton rated it it was amazing
We'll be stealing from here :)
Chris Croft
Chris Croft rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2014
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Nick
Nick rated it did not like it
Oct 22, 2014
Shakir Sharfraz
Aug 02, 2014 Shakir Sharfraz rated it liked it
Made me understand intrinsic and extrinsic motivators. Had nice case studies.
Eero Korhonen
Eero Korhonen rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2013
Ahmed Alawadhi
Ahmed Alawadhi rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2013
Nathalie
Nathalie rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Sarah Johnson
Sarah Johnson rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Gamification Revolution: How Leaders Leverage Game Mechanics to Crush the Competition
  • For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business
  • Numbersense: How to Use Big Data to Your Advantage
  • Lent for Everyone: Luke, Year C: A Daily Devotional
  • One with Christ: An Evangelical Theology of Salvation
  • The Civil War Months: A Month-by-Month Compendium of the War Between the States
  • The Wall in Jerusalem: A Jewish Call to Christians to Follow Jesus in Bringing Peace to Israel and Palestine
  • The Secret Handshake: Mastering the Politics of the Business Inner Circle
  • Prone to Wander: Prayers of Confession and Celebration
  • Your New Job Title is "Accomplice"
  • Analytics at Work: Smarter Decisions, Better Results
  • Enlightenment 2.0: Restoring sanity to our politics, our economy, and our lives
  • Six Simple Rules: How to Manage Complexity without Getting Complicated
  • Inside the Hotel Rwanda: The Surprising True Story ... and Why It Matters Today
  • Leadership
  • Pilgrim Theology: Core Doctrines for Christian Disciples
  • Great Leaders Grow: Becoming a Leader for Life
  • Two Wars: One Hero's Fight on Two Fronts--Abroad and Within

“Fixed mind-set individuals dread any sort of failure because to them it’s a negative reflection on their abilities, which are immutable. Because of this, they devote a lot of effort to trying to look smart and avoiding looking stupid—they won’t engage in situations where they can fail, especially publicly.” 0 likes