Start by marking “America's Godly Heritage” as Want to Read:
America's Godly Heritage

America's Godly Heritage

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  6 reviews
merica's Godly Heritage clearly sets forth the beliefs of many famous Founding Fathers concerning the proper role of Christian principles in education, government, and the public affairs of the nation. The beliefs of Founders such as Patrick Henry, John Quincy Adams, John Jay, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, George Mason, and many others are clearly presen ...more
Published February 1st 1993 by Wallbuilder Press

To ask other readers questions about America's Godly Heritage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about America's Godly Heritage

goddess
Quick read. A great look at how this country is indeed founded on Judeo-Christian principles and how our Founders were deeply religious. Barton also explains how secularism has crept into our society. He illustrates an interesting (and scary) parallel of how once the Bible was taken out of the public form, immorality and crime skyrocketed. "Separation of Church and State" is a phrase not even included in our founding documents yet has been so perverted to fit the needs of a progressive agenda.
G
Oct 20, 2010 G added it
Also a movie, currently available as streaming on Netflix. Amazing!, has to be watched more than once just to soak it all in. (The first time watching is spent mostly getting over the shock of what you haven't heard) I would love to read the book since I would learn it better.
I could continue by composing patriotic comments now, but maybe my time would be better spent reading the Bible. :)
Brad
GARBAGE...unless you are a hard-core believer in the movement of the religious right. Don't get me wrong, I believe that Christian ideas were used to establish America. I just don't buy the supercharged crap that is in books like this.
Leah Praschan

This was a great introduction to the study of America's Godly heritage. However, I would have liked it to have more depth. The endnotes can be used for a more in-depth study, which is nice.
Gina
08-02-2009: Before the elections, I was in San Diego visiting The Rock Church. They had literature for sale and I grabbed this book. Looks and sounds very poignant and interesting.
Karen Linton
Excellent reminder of where we came from. I'll have to give this book to some friends and family members.
Dadzoo
Dadzoo added it
May 19, 2015
Constance Hefner-Agree
Constance Hefner-Agree is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2015
Barry
Barry added it
Jan 05, 2015
Sally Krey
Sally Krey is currently reading it
Nov 25, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Sarah added it
Jul 26, 2014
Nora
Nora marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Karan
Karan marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Myth of Separation America to Pray? or Not to Pray?

“In short, if God-fearing citizens are not involved at the ballot box, God-fearing leaders will not be elected, God-honoring policies will not be enacted, and the respective city, state, or nation will not be blessed by God.” 0 likes