Start by marking “My Reckless Heart (the Thorne Brothers Trilogy, Book 2)” as Want to Read:
My Reckless Heart (the Thorne Brothers Trilogy, Book 2)

My Reckless Heart (Thorne Brothers #2)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  306 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Decker Thorne learned early life-lessons on the streets of London, stealing to earn his way. That devil-to-pay existence does not prepare him for someone like Jonna Remington, a fiercely independent woman who is not impressed with his charm or cunning. As owner of Remington Shipping, what Jonna needs is Decker's deft touch at the helm of her finest clipper.
With the Reming
ebook
Published October 1st 2012 by Epublishing Works! (first published February 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about My Reckless Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Reckless Heart

♥ WishfulMiss ♥
I really liked Decker Thorne, he was a layered character and he was interesting to read about.He was someone who experienced pretty heartbreaking things very early in life but in the end he came out on top. I loved his inner strength and his patience. He put up with a lot to get his HEA. I also liked reading about the struggles of those working the Underground Railroad in that time.

What I never really connected with was the h, Jonna. She came off as cold, unfeeling & manipulative. The author
D
Jul 22, 2013 D rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: folks who like their women weak and their men assholes
goodman continues to disappoint with this series.

this time, second brother, decker thorne, romances jonna remington, owner of the shipping company for which he captains.

the heroine is one of those Rigidly In Control types who Can't Stand Her Body's Reaction to the Hero (*sighhhhhh* not only is this super cliche'ed, but i have little patience for authors who imply that strength in women equals frigidity). lots of immature bickering between the two. and a bizarre and ridiculous series of near-dea
Ilze
Feb 12, 2013 Ilze rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. The book was good in parts, but I finaly had to conclude that the 2 main characters were totally unbelievable as actual living people. Yes, romance books are supposed to require a fairly large suspension of disbelief, but this one is too far over the top - there was almost nothing in the experiences and lives of the H/H that I could understand or relate to in any way.

The hero is unbelievable for another reason too - supposedly the middle son of English aristocrats who were murdered in a ro
Lynne Tull
The plot thickens. One brother has found one of his brothers. This story is about Decker and his adventures in America. The story is good and has held my interest. However, somewhere in the story the heroine, who made it plain that she was going to remain an independent woman, does an about face. I got a different feel for her character from one page almost within two more pages. I don't think I missed anything in two pages. Let's just say she changed into a completely different person. On one p ...more
BookMaven
What Happened?

Decker Thorne worked for Jonna Remington. Jonna is a 24 year old woman who has been running Remington Shipping since she was 15 years old. She has had to be tough and single-minded to keep the business she inherited upon her father's death, profitable. Before Decker came to Remington Shipping, he lived on the streets stealing to eat. He relies on his charm and looks to make his way. No two people could be more different, or are they?

What happened? In "My Steadfast Heart" the action
Seema
I liked this book second in a trilogy. A story of a woman shipbuilder and a captain who used to be a thief. It's mixed in with a the Underground Railroad and slavery. The relationship between the hero and heroine seemed a bit awkward with the heroine so stiff and unsure of her feelings. I kept feeling some big secret in her past was going to be revealed but nothing really happened. The villain was a crook and a slaver who tried to kidnap the heroine. It was well written but the plot was a bit co ...more
Brianna
Nov 21, 2015 Brianna rated it did not like it
The title is what drew me in and as well with not being familiar with the author. I know there is a lot of female readers who gobbled every romance book. For I am a little new to the romance genre, and prefer more well-written romances with crafted characters then the typical run-of the mill.
Lynda
Nov 08, 2013 Lynda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Decker, the charming, fast on his feet sea captain endured Jonna, the strong, confident prickly boss of Remington Shipping. Never seeing eye to eye on anything flourished slowly into a full blown cautious dance between them. Complicated issues involved trust, the Huntress, the Underground Railway, family, and a hard pressed suitor, all worked to keep them apart and at odds. Slavery and the actions to circumvent it was secretive and later, forced the major characters to be honest and revealed the ...more
Brittany Sailors
I felt the writing was just not very good on this one. I loved the first in the series but the flow in this one was awful. I enjoyed the plot and the story line, but something was just too jumpy with the writing.
Jess
I was less into this romance than I was the first in the series, but the setting! Pre-Civil War Boston, you guys, complete with abolitionist plots. Also, ships and London, but Boston!
Crystal
Jul 24, 2016 Crystal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: soft-copy, 3-star
Not bad, I found that I really couldn't really like the main characters but it was a good story line.
Barbara
Aug 07, 2015 Barbara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books
I enjoyed the three Thorne brothers books; this is Decker's book. The middle brother, he has grown up under the wing of a American shipbuilder after being separated from his brothers. His only memory is the talisman he has in his possession.
Maryann
Jan 03, 2016 Maryann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it from the start! great read I would recommend.
Nanette
Nov 14, 2014 Nanette rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, didnt-finish
It wasn't bad but it was kind of boring so I didn't finish it.
Stephanie
A very well smooth written book. I enjoyed the book quite a bit. It is intriguing with twist and turns. It's a book that I read fast to find out what was going to happen and yet hated getting to the end. After reading, I had to go out and buy the next book in the series to see what would happen next. On a side note this book is a complete book, not a cliffhanger.
May 10, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pre-civil war America is not a setting I typically read; in fact I thought this was a London pirate story. However, I was quickly caught up in the story and picked it up often, like any of my other romance choices. Starting in the middle partially ruins the first of the series for me, but I fully intend to delve into the other two brothers' stories.
Susan
Apr 06, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vc-library
Vry gd acct strng ownr Bstn shppg, Jonna also cndctr Undrgrnd Rlrd, thnks Decker 2 carefree bt hes hlpg slvs escp S. When J attkd he spirits hr 2 Englnd, stay w/hs bro & mrry, rtrn hm, fights 2 prtct hr
Laylah
I am partial to Jo Goodman, and I am partial to this book. It might not be perfect, but it holds the top spot on my most beloved pure romance book list.
Janice Liedl
Feb 03, 2013 Janice Liedl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It took me time to warm up to the lead characters but I was quite taken by the end.
Victoria
Rhonda
Apr 16, 2013 Rhonda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
04/16/13
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Bonnie Gardner
Bonnie Gardner marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Peter J Taylor
Peter J Taylor rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
A.C. Wilson
A.C. Wilson rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Gillian
Gillian marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Written on Your Skin
  • Lady Elizabeth's Comet (Clanross, #1)
  • Black Silk
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • The Dream Hunter
  • The Runaway Heiress (The Odd-Sock Hunt Club, #2)
  • The Changeling Bride (Timeswept) (Heartspell)
  • To Steal a Heart (Secrets and Spies, #1)
  • The Seduction
  • Lion's Bride
  • One Good Turn (Nesbitt, #2)
  • A Woman of Virtue (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #3)
  • Dream Fever
  • Reckless Angel
  • The Princess (Bride Quest, #1)
  • Daring the Duke (Lords of Intrigue, #2)
  • Devonshire (Richard and Rose, #2)
To find characters to illustrate my first family saga, I cut out models from the Sears catalogue. I was in fourth grade, but it was a start. In seventh grade I wrote a melodrama about two orphan sisters, one of whom was pregnant. There was also a story about a runaway girl with the unlikely name of Strawberry and one about mistaken identities and an evil blind date. My supportive, but vaguely conc ...more
More about Jo Goodman...

Thorne Brothers (3 books)
  • My Steadfast Heart (Thorne Brothers, #1)
  • With All My Heart (Thorne Brothers, #3)

“Tess?" "Why not?" "Why not?" Jonna repeated. "Because the notion's absurd." "Because Tess is black?" "Because I don't love Grant Sheridan!" Except for the crackle and hiss of the fire there was no other sound in the room. It was as if the larger silence held substance and grounded them separately, holding them still. Their eyes locked, but the exchange was without meaning, their expressions quickly and skillfully guarded. She did not take back the words she had spoken. He did not ask if they were true. Jonna could never say how long she stood there. She only knew that she was” 0 likes