Start by marking “Cheaper, Better, Faster: Over 2,000 Tips and Tricks to Save You Time and Money Every Day” as Want to Read:

Personal finance expert and founder of Debt-Proof Living shares thousands of tips that help you save time and money every day.
Published January 1st 2013 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Cheaper, Better, Faster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cheaper, Better, Faster

Kate
Jan 23, 2013 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book contains many tips that you wish you would have thought of or known but will be glad they are contained in this book. Your savings and savvy shopping knowledge and handy household tips can really add up beginning now. A treasure trove of a book that no household should ever be without.

I learned so much with reading and absorbing thousands of useful and worthwhile tips and tricks. A must have keeper volume and perfect for the person who has everything! Tips are categorized by chapters
Aurora
Dec 05, 2012 Aurora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title of the book: Cheaper, Better, Faster; Over 2,000 Tips and Tricks to Save You Time and Money Every day

Author: Mary Hunt

Publisher: Revell

Publishing Date: 2013

ISBN: 978-0-8007-2144-2

Summary:

What if there were one book that could help you do nearly everything in life cheaper, better, and faster? Show you how to remove hairspray baked onto a curling iron. How to make white shoes look like new. How to make gourmet coffee without the gourmet price. How to keep your cat out of your houseplants.
Cyndi
Jan 17, 2017 Cyndi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Many great tips. I highlighted the ones I want to read again. Easy to read and we'll laid out into subgroups within each chapter.
Kathleen E.
Jan 22, 2013 Kathleen E. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Cheaper, Better, Faster: Over 2,000 Tips and Tricks to Save You Time and Money Every Day by Mary Hunt, ©2013

Contents
13. Pets
14. Repairs and Maintenance
15. Shopping
16. Travel and Entertainment

Mary Hunt is the award-winning and bestselling author of several books,
Victor Gentile
Jan 18, 2013 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mary Hunt in her new book, “Cheaper, Better, Faster” published by Revell gives us Over 2,000 Tips and Tricks to Save You Time and Money Every Day.

From the back cover: What if there was one book that could help you do nearly everything in life cheaper, better, or faster?

Romancing the Book
Posted on Romancing the Books blog
Reviewed by Jen
Review copy from Netgalley

Like a lot of people, I’ve been feeling the money crunch lately. So when I saw this title, I knew I had to pick it up. Who couldn’t use tips on how to save money and time? Problem was, in the end, this book just wasn’t for me.

Let me start by saying that if you’re going to get this book, I don’t recommend getting the ebook version, which is what I read. Perhaps it was my ARC copy, but I was unable to really search for what
Jan 10, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: CHEAPER, BETTER, FASTER
Author: Mary Hunt
Publisher: Revell Books
January 2013
ISBN: 978-0800721442
Genre: helpful tips

Make gourmet coffee without the gourmet price. Remove hairspray baked onto a curling iron. Clean just about any stain off of just about any surface. Keep your cat out of your houseplants. Get the best deal on your next car. And thousands of other helpful tips and tricks.

Chea
Mason
Jan 24, 2013 Mason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CHEAPER, BETTER, FASTER is the book to have when looking for practical and economical solutions to problems around the house.

This handy book contains 2,000-plus tips and tricks to solve everyday problems without costing big bucks. Most of the solutions involve ingredients that are readily available and you probably already have on hand.

The book is divided into helpful chapters making it easy to locate a solution to your problem quickly. The areas covered include: automobiles, cleaning, clothing
Sharon Chance
Mar 07, 2013 Sharon Chance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Who doesn't want to know how to do things a little bit easier, a little bit cheaper, and a whole lot faster? Mary Hunt gathers together over 2,000 tips in this volume of ideas and suggestions that are sure to appeal to nearly anyone.

The categories are broken down into sixteen different sections, including automobiles, cleaning, health and beauty, kids and babies, laundry, pets, etc., and the tips are alphabetized for easier access.

I think that my favorite section of the book had to be the one on
Jackie Harris
n this book, Mary Hunt provides a large collection of tips for running a household and a budget more effectively. While this is not the type of book that you read straight through cover to cover, it is a helpful resource if you're looking for suggestions in a certain area of everyday life. Hunt divides her collection of tips into sixteen categories: automobiles, cleaning, clothing and accessories, food and cooking, gifts, health and beauty, holidays and special occasions, home, kids and babies, ...more
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
I've always liked Mary Hunt and I'm always looking for ways to do things cheaper, better and faster, so I was curious about her new book. It's an updated version of Tiptionary that was first published in 1997. The book is literally just tips, nothing else. Generalized chapter headings house page after page of tips, tricks and hints.

For the most part I liked the book and I'd liken it to a print version of Pinterest. Unfortunately for me, the chapters are fairly generalized and while there is a T
Cafelilybookreviews
This book is a fantastic resource for anyone wanting to save time and money.

It's packed full of tips and advice. Just about everything you can think of is covered in this book from how to make gourmet coffee at home, and use "salt" to remove bitter tastes from your coffee grounds to the safest colors you can buy in a car. The tips are broken up into chapters and cover everything from automobiles and home repairs to traveling, food and beauty tips.

I was hoping to find an index in the back, which
Loren
Jan 26, 2013 Loren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mary Hunt is a TIP GENIUS! Seriously, I don't know many books that can offer OVER 2,000 tips and tricks that save you time & money ~ But this one sure does and let's face it.... We all can use money saving ideas these days!

Cheaper, Better, Faster has 16 chapters filled with various tips from cars, kids, pets, to holidays, cooking, and traveling, and much more in between.

This would be a FABULOUS wedding gift or for a college grad, but then again, it would be a fabulous gift for ANYONE! I le
Jethad19
It was OK, some of the tips have you going "oh my gosh, wish I had known this a long time ago". One of my favorites in that category is giving kids a handful of dimes when going on a trip and making them pay for asking the annoying question of 'are we there yet' and letting them keep what they still have when you get there. We love road trips and that would have been real helpful about 20 years ago.

Some tips are common sense and some don't apply to our life, but I'm not upset I bought and read
Sara
Jan 26, 2013 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
"Cheaper, Better, Faster" is an update of Mary Hunt's previous tip book, "Tiptionary".

One thing I really liked about this book that it gave different ways of achieving the same result. For instance, there are several suggestions of ways to remove spots from carpets. It’s nice to have different suggestions so that maybe you won’t have to spend time and money running to the store!

See my complete review here - http://shoopettesbookreviews.blogspot...
Marcia
Aug 26, 2013 Marcia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grown-up-books
This book was referenced in a magazine articleI enjoyed and I'm always looking for ways to be thrifty so I borrowed it. Disappointing----don't let the 2013 copyright date fool you, these tips and tricks are straight out of 1989. It felt really old and dated and nothing new. After the first chapters I skimmed looking for a gem. Found just one: did you know you can throw your car mats right in the washing machine? Well, I did and they are like brand new!
Bridget
I usually enjoy and learn a lot from Mary's books -- this one felt like a lot of the information was from the '50s. Dinners and shopping revolve around white sugar and flour -- there isn't a lot of healthy sensibility in there. However, I've also learned I can basically clean my entire house with rubbing alcohol and white vinegar. Worth a look, but not an all-time fave.
Kendall
Sep 21, 2013 Kendall rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I usually love these save time and money books (does that make me cheap and lazy? Probably), but this was terrible. It's like Amy Sedaris' craft book, but it's not supposed to be funny - her answer for saving money on gifts is giving people homemade pop bottle bird feeders (great for teachers, teens, etc.) wrapped in newspaper. I like to be a classier cheapskate than that.
Jan
Jan 20, 2013 Jan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the era of Pinterest, I didn't enjoy this book as I might have 10 years ago. That bring said, though, there are nuggets of gold (great ideas) that are worth digging for. The book is a mixture of both common sense (and motherly) advice and some rather eccentric (perhaps grandmotherly) out-of-the-box tips.
Debbie
Feb 12, 2013 Debbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great suggestions to help the consumer. The most fascinating tips for me -- use a pizza cutter to cut brownies and add cornstarch to make a fluffier omelet. Some of the tips I had learned from my family, but it is fun to browse.
Deborah Martinez
I checked this book out from the library. It is not book you sit down and read cover to cover, but a great resource to have on hand to help you with practical and economical solutions to problems around your house, car, and life!

Kari
Feb 22, 2013 Kari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were a few helpful hints but a lot may have been cheaper but not realistic. Not the best "helpful hints" book I've ever read. But like all of this genre, if you finish with a few ideas, the time was not wasted.
Cindy Winder delong
This has to be just about the most boring book I have ever read. I got lost in the automotive advice. None of it was helpful.
EMP
Apr 01, 2013 EMP rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Like someone else wrote, not the best "helpful hints" book, but came away with a few ideas, so can't complain.
Tracey
Jan 29, 2013 Tracey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This is a really useful book full of useful tips and information to save you money and time - handy to have about as you don't always want to go on line to find a solution.
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
Jody Manchester
Jody Manchester rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2013
Christy Colvin
Christy Colvin rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Greg
Greg rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2013
Sherry
Sherry rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Hijacked by Your Brain: How to Free Yourself When Stress Takes Over
  • Pocket Your Dollars: 5 Attitude Changes That Will Help You Pay Down Debt, Avoid Financial Stress, and Keep More of What You Make
  • Meditation – Deep and Blissful:  How to Still The Mind’s Compulsive Thinking, Let Go of Upset, Tap Into the Juice and Meditate at a Whole New Level
  • Happiness it's just a habit
  • ReEarth
  • The 2,548 Best Things Anybody Ever Said
  • Nexus
  • Cue Cards for Life: Thoughtful Tips for Better Relationships
  • Balanced: Finding Center as a Work-at-Home Mom
  • The Experts' Guide to 100 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do
  • Secrets of an Organized Mom: How to Declutter and Streamline Your Home for a Happier Family
  • Searching for Calamity: The Life and Times of Calamity Jane
  • How to Blog for Profit without Selling Your Soul
  • Primeval (Werewolf Apocalypse, #2)
  • Second-Act Careers: 50+ Ways to Profit from Your Passions During Semi-Retirement
  • The Get Yourself Organized Project: 21 Steps to Less Mess and Stress