Start by marking “Dream Eyes” as Want to Read:
Dream Eyes

Dream Eyes (Dark Legacy #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  3,434 ratings  ·  328 reviews
The death of her friend and mentor, Evelyn Ballinger, brings psychic counselor Gwen Frazier back to the small town of Wilby, Oregon, and brings back memories she would rather forget. Two years earlier, a killer stalked the members of one of Ballinger's research studies including Gwen. And though she survived while two others didn't, Gwen knows that Ballinger's death is rel ...more
Published January 1st 2013 by Putnam Adult

To ask other readers questions about Dream Eyes, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Seakat
Dream Eyes is the second book of the Dark Legacy trilogy, contemporary romances with paranormal aspects. The heroine, Gwen Frazier, is a dream counselor with psychic abilities. Gwen has returned to the strange small town where she briefly lived and is viewed with suspicion due to events from her past. Gwen quickly realizes that a serial killer who specialized in killing psychics seems to be back from the dead. As the one who foiled the serial killer in the first place, Gwen knows she is at risk. ...more
Heather
I have to give this book a very low two stars. For some reason I felt unable to connect to any portion of this story; not the main plot, the over-arching plot, or any of the characters...(I take that back, Nick was vaguely interesting but was a minor character and I don't see him getting his own book.) Often what will save a series book on some level for me is that even if I don't connect to the main plot line I will at least be interested in the world it is set in and the series plot. Instead, ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in Jayne Ann Krentz' Dark Legacy series. Gwen Frazier comes to Wilby, Oregon to check on her mentor, Evelyn Ballinger, only to find her dead. She contacts Judson Coppersmith to help her investigate the death. She is sure it is connected to the deaths several years ago when a serial killer murdered 2 of her colleagues and then committed suicide. Judson is haunted by dreams that involved his last mission. As Gwen and Judson search for answers they also discover each other.

The story
Jessica
I've been a longtime reader of JAK's work and am both familiar and comfortable with her writing tendencies -- the "sleek" heroine, the hero in half-boots, the repeated descriptions of things being amber or gray, how she's so skilled at portraying dynamic characters who interact in (usually) delightful ways, how she's not so skilled at the mystery element (though saying that, I'm not a fan of the cozy mystery genre). In that sense, this book hits every note I expected. It doesn't really go beyond ...more
Jilly

I am very torn on this book. It was back to form, in a way, for Ms. Krentz -- not the plodding, terribly written mess that the Ladies of Lantern Street has become. However, I was initially annoyed that this is starting to so clearly retread the Arcane themes -- "Founder's Formula" and all -- that I was annoyed by the awkwardness of it. It's slightly redeemed by confirming that this series exists in the same universe as the Arcane series, so she isn't setting up, effectively, a second Ar
Tinnean
Why did I really like this? There was a minimum of het sex, there was a gay character (and might one hope Ms. Krentz will give us his story, whether or not it's with Girard?), the female lead was a strong character, the male lead, while macho, wasn't a schmuck, and the reveal took me by surprise. I did not see that coming.
Tamanda Elia
At three quarters through book, I can honestly say that it is a very logically sound book. Despite the paranormal subject, it appears very logical and well thought out. Also a little boring. I hate saying that about a book when all the elements are present, but I find my mind wandering.
I finished the book and found things didn't change all that much. I feel bad that it was boring and wonder if part of it was partly because I read it out of sequence, as it was part of a series, and it took away f
Caitlin
I normally have to suspend belief with Krentz's paranormal romances but typically her characters are entertaining enough that I don't notice too much. unfortunately with this one the murder mystery and characters were just too boring to make up for that. There was little spark between Judson and Gwen and the only exciting part came 20 pages from the end. I'd recommend reading some of her older stuff before this one, it juat barely held my attention long enough to finish it.
Keri
Sometimes having a formula isn't a good thing, felt like the names changes, but everything else was almost exactly the same. Time to write something different.
Diana
Jayne Ann Krentz is an author whom I absolutely love! All her books feature heroines who smart, independent, and fiercely unique. I may also be a little biased because Krentz was once a librarian; gotta support my library peeps you know! :) When I pick up one of her titles, I have no doubts that I will greatly enjoy it and will be crying for more when I am done. Dream Eyes was no different.

Dream Eyes picks up shortly where Copper Beach left off. Judson Coppersmith is recovering from a previous j
Candace Salima
Mar 03, 2013 Candace Salima rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jayne Ann Krentz Email
Recommended to Candace by: Jayne Ann Krentz Publicist
I have to admit up front that Jayne Ann Krentz is one of my favorite authors, of which there are only a few. She is a bestselling author who has written, and published 162 books, 50 of which have ended up on the New York Times Bestsellers List. Through the course of her career she's published under seven names, from serial romance to the romantic suspense of today, but now publishes only under Jayne Ann Krentz (modern fiction), Amanda Quick (historical novels), and Jayne Castle (futuristic novel ...more
Kathy Altman
Why you should read it: Well, we are talking Jayne Ann Krentz here. Plus, RT Book Reviews selected Dream Eyes as a January 2013 Top Pick. Surprised? Me neither. (It's made the USA TODAY and New York Times best-seller lists, too!) So even though I know you're already sold on this book, let me tell you why it's going to be tough to knock this one off the very tippy-top of my favorites list.

For starters, Judson is downright delectable. He's a perceptive, daring, stubborn, take-charge kind of guy wi
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Reading a Jayne Ann Krentz book is like coming home. Once you start reading you get into a comfortable and easy flow with the plot and characters. Mix in the perfect amounts of mystery, romance and paranormal, wellthe next thing you know you have completed another wonderful adventure and are impatiently waiting for the next book to come out.

Dream Eyes is about Gwen Frazier who returns to Wilby, OR to deal with the death of her friend and mentor. Two years ago Gwen was unfortunate to find two bo
Julia
Jayne Ann Krentz adds another book to her series "A Dark Legacy". With this book, the author is crossing over the line to a more science fiction plot as she does writing as Jayne Castle. At one point she almost lost me and I was ready to put the book down. So to summerize, this book is very heavy on the scifi/paranormal and short on plot. Perhaps Krentz should revisit this series or at the very least, rework it.
Psychic dream counselor, Gwen Frazier, stumbles upon the body of her mentor, Evelyn B
Mary
I have read several JAK books over the years and have enjoyed them but I would not call myself an avid fan. Her latest book, Dream Eyes, is a fast-paced, fun, light read. It is one of the Dark Legacy novels but stands well alone.

Judson Coppersmith and Gwen Frazier both have paranormal talents. They have partnered to find out who killed Gwen's friend and mentor and to possibly prove the murder was by paranormal means. These two first met a month before and were definitely mutually attracted but
Holly
I was sad about this book. It drifted off in a direction I just couldnt go... Jayne Ann Krentz is and will always
be one of my fav authors, but occasionally even a favorite author
writes something just a bit too much of something...
In this story, she drifted a bit too much away from the character development between the hero and the heroine, and got fixated a bit on the yukky stuff that was going on inside the heroines head.
The heroine in this story "sees ghosts". They appear in mirrors, and shiny
Maureen
DREAM EYES by Jayne Ann Krentz

I can truthfully say I look forward to all books by Jayne Krentz. Although author Jayne Castle spins a good yarn, her style and concept are completely different when she writes as Krentz.

That being said, this book is not set in her famous “Harmony” planet, but the Pacific Northwest U.S. This is part two in a series of the Coppersmith family, who have an affinity for crystals. As is typical of her books, one of the protagonists is well-to-do and well-connected. Since
Book Girl
I didn't choose this book but I was willing to give it a shot. I'm happy I did. It's just over the edge of a nice fluffy read, but not quite a read I would consider serious. It was a very quick read for me and I will be looking for more from this author, perhaps the others in this series as well.

At times I did find the characters a little flip floppy. It seemed like the female lead's personality wasn't quite as set down as I would have liked and was jerked around a little to make the plot work.
Jenn
I've always really enjoyed Krentz's writing & this was no exception but I did feel it could have been better.
It started off great, I didn't want to put it down & then for some reason a little bit past halfway through something changed. I was loving the characters and the whole idea of the story. Judson was really hot & had fantastic chemistry with Gwen. I thought they were leading towards a fun, passionate, amazing relationship & then all of a sudden it was like the author forgo
Muggle
Jayne Ann Krentz did an amazing job of weaving a story that incorporated an array of elements. Suspense, mystery, romance, this book had it all. It can function as a stand alone book, though I recommend reading Copper Beach first. There are so many background stories and subplots that would otherwise go unnoticed. In fact, like many of Jayne Ann Krentz's other books, there are references to her other series. If you're up for binge reading some of her books, I suggest reading her arane series fir ...more
Jencey/
The next novel to be featured is Jayne Ann Krentz’s novel Dream Eyes. If you like romance with a little mystery with paranormal element thrown in, then this is the novel for you! This is the second novel in the Dark Legacy series.
Synopsis:
Gwen Frazier is Psychic Counselor who helps people through their dreamscapes. But can anyone help Gwen when she discovers yet another dead body? Enter Judson Coppersmith a Psychic Investigator sent by his soon to be sister in law Abby to help her sister Gwen.
Donna
I liked this better than I did the first book in this series. Gwen and Judson were both great characters and the supernatural aspect was well done. I was really kept guessing until the end. Every time I had everything figured out, there was a new twist. I just loved that Fallon and the Arcane Society was finally brought into things. I would have liked Gwen and Judson's romance to have a little more spark, though!
Romanceroni
When Gwen receives a late night email she rushes to her friend's aide, but too late. Her friend, Evelyn is dead and Gwen enlists the her help of her best friend, Abby's finace's company for help. Evelyn's death isn't an ordinary mystery and Gwen isn't looking for a normal private investigator.

Enter Judson Coopersmith, a man that Gwen had met a month before. Sparks flew when the two met, but as soon as Judson realized that Gwen was a psychic dream counselor his immediately put the breaks on thei
Carol
A excellent fast paced read. I really enjoyed the characters and Max. I am not sure how much sense the plot would make to a reader who hasn't been keeping up with the author's books about characters with paranormal abilities, but for those who have, an excellent addition.
Jenny Schwartz
I'm a big Jayne Ann Krentz fan.

[Going off-topic a tick. I was chatting with another author a while back and we were both enthusing at Jayne Ann Krentz's style and Dick Francis's books and, most recently, Ilona Andrews' "Clean Sweep". Thinking about it, the common denominator is all of them are gifted storytellers.]

Whether JAK writes as herself, as Jayne Castle or Amanda Quick, or her earlier books as Stephanie James, her romances are comfort reads for me. "Dream Eyes" continues this winning pat
Lady Lioness
I miss the old Jayne Ann Krentz who gave us the Eclipse trilogy and Absolutely, Positively. All of these newer modern paranormals are starting to blend together. This particular title is rather similar to Falling Awake. Bah humbug.
Alisha Tarran
Gwen Frazier is dragged back to the small town of Wilby when her friend and mentor, Evelyn Ballinger sends her an odd message at 2am. Psychic counselor Gwen arrives to find Evelyn dead...and her ghost informs her she was murdered. She can't tell her who murdered her, cos that'd be too easy right? And no fun. The trip brings back memories from two years previously, when Gwen was taking part in Evelyn's research study, and one of the subjects turned out to be a serial killer, who liked to kill rea ...more
Nora Peevy
This book gets three stars because there are people that appreciate romance novels. I, however, do not, but my mother coaxed me into reading it. There are psychics in the book and so, of course I'd like it. Not! Let me count the ways I loathe this story:

1) It's formulaic.
2) There are drawn out sex scenes. I'd rather be having sex - not reading about others doing it.
3) The characters are fluffy with no substance. No development.
4) I detest a supposedly strong female lead becoming a lady in dist
Rexanna
Great book as usual. Ms. Krentz is like a romantic Stephen King. You may find you are a bit jumpy around wind chimes after reading this book. Still, there is a happy ending at least for the hero and heroine.
Katy M
As always a romance with a twist, good stuff.

I never put spoilers in my reviews.
All of the books tied to the Arcane Society series, however loosely, by Ms. Krentz or her alter egos, Jayne Castle and Amanda Quick, are unique in themselves while holding true to the theme of the original- a tale of love wrapped up in a mystery with an arcane theme set in the past (Quick,) present (Krentz) or future (Castle.) Her imagination and the ability to make the unbelievable believable along with the true gif
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Dream Eyes (2013) Book 2 9 20 Feb 07, 2013 07:40AM
  • Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Harmony, #10)
  • The Mystery Woman (Ladies of Lantern Street, #2)
  • Shield's Lady (Lost Colony, #3)
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...

Dark Legacy (2 books)
  • Copper Beach (Dark Legacy, #1)
Running Hot (Arcane Society, #5) Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7) (Dreamlight Trilogy, #1) Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, #3) All Night Long White Lies (Arcane Society, #2)