Start by marking “Times Change (Time and Again: Hornblower-Stone #2)” as Want to Read:
Times Change (Time and Again: Hornblower-Stone #2)

Times Change (Time and Again: Hornblower-Stone #2)

A unique story about finding love when you least expect it, from #1 "New York Times" bestselling author Nora Roberts.
AVAILABLE DIGITALLY FOR THE FIRST TIME
Twenty-third century cynic Jacob Hornblower followed his brother Caleb into the past, determined to bring him home. But when Jacob meets Sunny Stone, he suddenly loses track of his mission, and begins to wonder if all
ebook
Published December 1st 2012 by Portfolio (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Times Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Times Change

Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jul 23, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance with a hint of sci-fi
This story from 1990 was just a bit dated, the technology is quaint. Other than that, I thought this a five-star read.

A time traveler comes to present-day (well, 21 years ago) Earth seeking his missing brother about whom we read in Time Was. Dear bro is away for a few weeks doing stuff in the wild with his anthropologist love and cannot be reached. In the meantime, our heroine, the sister-in-law of our hero's brother, acts as hostess. No evil villain, no suspense elements, no crime to battle. Ro
Jane
Another winner from Nora Roberts. So far, I loved every single book I have read. The connection between her characters are so real, even when they are so different book by book.
Jen
May 08, 2016 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
When Jacob Hornblower gets Cal's message that he survived his time travel but has decided to remain in the 20th century with Libby, Jacob is furious. He's convinced the if he can just see Cal he can talk him into returning home with him. Spending all his time working out the logistics, Jacob finally travels back to the 20th century.

When he arrives at the cabin, he finds Sunbeam Stone, Libby's sister. Turns out Cal and Libby are now married and on a trip. So, JT is stuck with Sunny until Cal retu
Maura
Cathy Ryan
Jun 27, 2015 Cathy Ryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, time-travel
In the first book, Time Was, Caleb Hornblower inadvertently found him self transported back in time to the 20th Century. He fell in love with Libby Stone and, deciding he just couldn’t leave her, chose to stay in the past. Jacob Hornblower, an astrophysicist, has spent months, years working on plotting coordinates and building a spaceship that would stand up to the rigors of his intended time travel. Cal’s report, transported back by his unmanned ship, had been fairly precise. Jacob had every in ...more
Robin
Jacob Hornblower has traveled back through time to find his brother, Caleb. All he knows is Caleb has chosen to stay in the past with his new wife, Libby. When Jacob arrives in the 20th century and tracks down the cabin that Caleb lives in, he finds Libby's sister, Sunny. Sunny allows him to stay since everyone is away for a few weeks, but feels there is something different about her new roommate.

I usually like Nora Roberts older category romances, but I was bored with this one. It's is pretty m
Diana
Jan 26, 2014 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kurzbeschreibung

Ein gemeinsames Leben mit Jakob Hornblower wäre für Sunny der Himmel auf Erden. Ein unerfüllbarer Wunsch? Denn Jakob kommt aus der Zukunft, und dahin wird er bald wieder zurückkehren... Quer durch die Weiten des Weltalls reist der Astrophysiker Jakob Hornblower in die Gegenwart. Sein Ziel: Er will seinen Bruder Cal finden und ihn wieder mit in die Zukunft nehmen! Doch kaum landet sein Raumschiff in Oregon, kaum betritt Jakob das idyllisch gelegene Holzhaus, wo er Cal vermutet, er
Tanya Simon
Jan 29, 2014 Tanya Simon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, like most Nora!
Maxine
Oct 21, 2013 Maxine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this sequel to the author's previous time-travel book, "Time Was", we pick up a little over a year after the accidental time-traveler, Caleb Hornblower, found himself transported to the late 20th Century, fell in love and decided to stay.

Now, Cal's brother Jacob, having found the time capsule Cal buried in hopes that his family--almost three centuries in the future--would find, is headed to the 20th Century himself, determined to bring Caleb home with him. An astrophysicist, Jacob has studie
Anna Erishkigal
The relationship between the heroine, Sunny Stone, and the hero, Jacob, can only be described as fireworks. Sunny is no shrinking violet. She's a 4th-degree blackbelt that's obtained degrees in numerous professions, a thoroughly modern, independent woman. So when Jacob shows up at her mountain hideaway demanding the whereabouts of his mysterious brother, Cal (from the first book in this series) and decides to stick around until his brother gets back from vacation, it's just scene after scene of ...more
Alisha
Jun 12, 2014 Alisha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book took me a while to get into it and I didnt really enjoy it which was dissappointing as I love Nora Roberts books usually. I felt the story was not well written and it didnt have the intensity of relationships that her books usually do as it only focuses on the one relationship Liberty and Caleb. It was a pleasant read but not one I would re-read.
Kim
Sep 27, 2014 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice quick read but one grip. I do not believe that anyone in any time would invent and successfully execute time travel with no fanfare and that governments would happily let private citizens jump back and forth in time willy nilly.
CatBookMom
Not as good as the first; less interesting plot, more sex scenes. JT is a stiff, not-very-sympathetic character all through.
Heather
Jan 24, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent read.
Judith
Oct 12, 2011 Judith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I should have listened to my gut instinct and passed on this one. It's not a bad or boring read, it's just that when I read a book I want to read something that keeps me really entertained I'm afraid this didn't do it for me. I'm a big fan of hers, but she blew it with this one. It's as if she didn't put her heart in it. Clearly not her best work. If you have a limited budget for books, you may want to save your money for something better.
Tania Martins
Feb 11, 2013 Tania Martins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gostei muito mais do segundo livro, como eu já antecipava a relação da Sunny e do J.T. foi muito mais intensa e a forma como a autora abordou o romance foi bem mais gira! Continua a passar-se num cenário completamente surreal de viagens entre o passado e o futuro mas achei mais empolgante!

Adorei o final do livro, gostei tanto da atitude da Sunny, um final "a la" Nora!
Sassafrass
I didn't like this one as much as the first book in the series, but it was cute. I just thought that the story was wrapped up too quickly without enough conflict considering how much of sacrifice the hero or the heroine was going to have to make in the name of love. I just thought it was done better in the first book, so it made this one pale in comparison.
RACHEL
Jan 12, 2014 RACHEL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Standard Nora Roberts. I liked this one better than the first in this little series (Time Was).
Sandra
Viagens ao passado e viagens ao futuro, com muita paixão e cenas adoráveis pelo meio.
Adorei o final :)

Curiosamente gostei até bastante, para um livro da Harlequin. Normalmente tenho a tendência a achar que estes romances pouco desenvolvidos.
Glenn Harris
Feb 09, 2013 Glenn Harris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the best early Roberts I've read, better than the first of this "Time Travel" series because the heroine is strong and cantankerous enough to remind one of current Roberts' women. And that's good.
ѕєяєηιтι
kitabın yazılış tarihi itibariyle scifi alanında yetersiz kalıyor tabii ama detaylara bakmayıp bazı yerlere takılmazsak ben sevdim fazlasıyla bu seriyi türkçeside çıksa güzel olurdu diye düşünüyorum:)
Carol
Mar 19, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
TIMES CHANGE by Nora Roberts is the 2nd and final fiction novel to complete this set. Again, the themes of time travel and romance blend to make an attention getting read!
Susan
Jan 09, 2015 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: time-travel, cont
Bro Jacob cms2 bring back 2their time, meets sis hs bros lv@ cabin, wintr mtns snow, stuck wks waitg retrn oth coupl, visit hr fam, choices made
Sonia Cristina
Fofinho, sim.
A minha parte preferida foi com os pais de Sunny, aquele pai é mesmo muito engraçado.
Gostei do final, muito fixe.
Traci
Feb 22, 2013 Traci rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts, romance
Not as good as the first in the series. I skimmed the last 20 pages for essential dialogue.
Kaki
Matkalukemista.
Adrianne
Sweet story. Mild conflict. Less believable than Time Was. Good Romance.
Sissy Johnson
I love everything from Nora Roberts. This is no exception.
Leslie Jon
This was an unusual theme but as always she pulls it off.
Barbara James
nora roberts
  • There and Now (Beyond the Threshold, #1)
  • Barely Breathing (Colorado High Country, #1)
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
  • Rogue's Challenge (Challenge, #2)
  • Highland Fling (Perfect Timing #2)
  • Frankly, My Dear (Creole Historical, #1)
  • Jace (Shadow Wranglers, #3)
  • Time Enough for Love
  • Wanted - Dead or Alive
  • One More Valentine
  • Everything in Its Time (Time After Time #1)
  • Flirting with Forever
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Always Been Mine (Always, #2)
  • Somewhere in Time
  • Untimely (An Untimely Romance, #1)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Time and Again: Hornblower-Stone (2 books)
  • Time Was (Time and Again: Hornblower-Stone #1)