Start by marking “Lawrence of Arabia and the Middle East and Africa” as Want to Read:
Lawrence of Arabia and the Middle East and Africa

Lawrence of Arabia and the Middle East and Africa (Graphic Modern History: World War I)

This captivating graphic novel recounts three historic land battles in the Middle East and Africa during World War I: Attack on the Hejaz Railway, September 16, 1917; The Charge on Beersheba, October 31, 1917; and Gallantry at Tel-el-Sheria, November 7, 1917.
Published May 15th 2013 by Crabtree Publishing Company (first published January 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lawrence of Arabia and the Middle East and Africa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lawrence of Arabia and the Middle East and Africa

Chrissy
Jan 07, 2015 Chrissy rated it it was ok
Solid drawings but frustrating because this provides very little context about the battles depicted. Even if this was for middle grade readers, it presents confusing history about what is a fascinating period that set up much of modern Middle Eastern politics.
Tim Brown
Jun 19, 2015 Tim Brown rated it liked it
I stumbled across this book the other day in a library branch that I don't often visit. As a comic geek, a homeschooling dad, and a person with a passionate interest in the Great War - an historical comic for kids about the Great War seemed right up my alley!

I was back and forth about whether to give this two or three stars - but then decided, for what it was, it was pretty okay.

What the book is is a book for younger readers containing three short comics stories about incidents that took place
J. Bryce
Part of a series of graphic "novels" that serve as a good introduction to history. The art is decent, the stories (there are typically three vignettes per slim, full-color volume)well-told and not-too-confusing -- and there in material that sets it up and follows it up well-enough to eliminate any short-term confusion.

Each volume has a glossary that helps the young reader.

Intended for young teens.
John Barbour
John Barbour rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Eric
Eric added it
Feb 25, 2014
Jason Kristy
Jason Kristy marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Kristy Bishop
Kristy Bishop marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016

Graphic Modern History: World War I (6 books)
  • War in the Air