Preparedness Principles: The Complete Personal Preparedness Resource Guide for Any Emergency Situation

4.68 of 5 stars 4.68  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Personal preparedness expert Barbara Salsbury brings together years of research and experience, giving you the know-how to set up an organized, practical, personal preparedness program that will provide for most wants and needs in any emergency situation. PREPAREDNESS PRINCIPLES, the most comprehensive preparedness guide ever published, offers exclusive details about: * Fo...more
Published July 1st 2006 by Horizon Publishers & Distributors

Tanya
Great book, lots of practical ideas. Many are easy to complete and we all should be making preperations in our lives.
Joyce
Actually, I've browsed this book, rather than reading it cover to cover. Trying to read it straight through will completely overwhelm and discourage you, unless you are already deeply involved in assembling your food storage. However, there is an abundance of excellent and common-sense advice in this book, and taken in small bites at a time, it's a must-have for your preparedness bookshelf!
Ami
An incredible, in-depth book concerning emergency preparedness and food storage. While the author's tidbits of humor fell slightly flat, the information that was shared was top quality. Scenarios I had never considered were brought to my attention. While I may never go to all the extremes she raises in this book, I am now dedicated to becoming better prepared for the "what ifs."
Zinger
May 27, 2008 Zinger rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2008
This is a really good book that covers preparedness topics from indoor gardening, biological attacks by terrorists, natural disasters, first aid, finances, food storage, fuels, use of space, sanitation,...
I need to read it again and take notes, or better yet, purchase the book.
Heather
Apr 30, 2009 Heather marked it as to-read
I haven't read this book yet, but I read a review of it on a preparedness blog. It covers ideas on food storage, emergency preparedness, and disaster preparedness. Looks like it could share a bunch of ideas of stocking up and getting stuff organized.
Katie
This book has just about anything you can think of (and more that you wouldn't have thought of) about emergency preparedness. A measure of peace results from being prepared for the unknown. And there is no better time to prepare than the present.
Carlene
This is an AWESOME book on emergency preparedness. It is easy to read and very inspiring. I love all of the information and ideas written by someone who has lived through various emergencies herself.
Amanda
I have definitely learned a lot from Barbara. This is one book I think I am going to buy. It is not a one time read through, and I know that it will come in handy again. PLEASE READ THIS!
Mindy
I loved how this was so full of great information, and was written in such a way that it was easy to read, and was very motivating to ramp up your personal preparedness! Awesome!
Christina
I am loving this book. It breaks down the prepardness principles into very manageable pieces and it also has some great ideas.
LOTS of information about getting prepared. It's a perfect how-to manual. I love her panty system.
Naomi
A wonderful resource for getting prepared for disaters/emergencies. Highly recommended.
Karen
Any book by Barbara Salisbury is highly recommended. She knows her stuff.
Julene
Great advice and teachings from a real preparedness expert!!! Love this book!!
Andrea
Great book for really getting prepared
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Bethany Low
Bethany Low marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Must Bea
Must Bea marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Trampas Jones
Trampas Jones marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Jill Miskin
Jill Miskin marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Aus Prepper
Aus Prepper marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2012
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Dinh
Dinh marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Beating the High Cost of Eating: The Essential Guide to Supermarket Survival It's Time to Plan, Not Panic: Emergency Evacuation Preparedness and Coping Skills Cut Your Grocery Bills in Half Emergency evacuation It's Time to Plan, Not Panic: Emergency Evacuation Preparedness and Coping Skills