Start by marking “The Flying Beaver Brothers: Birds vs. Bunnies” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Flying Beaver Brot...

Maxwell Eaton III

The Flying Beaver Brothers: Birds vs. Bunnies (The Flying Beaver Brothers #4)

In their fourth adventure, the Flying Beaver Brothers set off in their sailboat to enjoy some well-deserved rest and relaxation at nearby the island. But the birds and bunnies who live on Little Beaver Island have other ideas. Before long, Ace and Bub find themselves embroiled in an all-out war between the feathers and the fuzz. Can the Flying Beaver Brothers bring peace t ...more
Unknown Binding
Published January 1st 2013 by Alfred A. Knopf

To ask other readers questions about The Flying Beaver Brothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flying Beaver Brothers

David Schaafsma
We have all these graphic novels for children all over the house and I generally ask my 9 and 10 years old which ones they really like. I have to ask them, but they said they liked these. We have five of these Eaton books in the house and I picked this one up. The premise of Flying Beaver Bros sounds funny, and is, a little. And The Birds vs Bunnies war that they get involved with sounds funny, and that really is. The drawing is cute. To be really great children's graphic novels have to appeal t ...more
Katie Lawrence
What a funny book! My students will love this tale of beavers and the feud between bunnies and birds. Just adorable and fun too.
Mary Lee
Mar 10, 2013 Mary Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is probably an allegory of modern life, but I'm not going to think too hard about it.
Denise
Oct 18, 2016 Denise rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
E read to me ...
Jasmine Duong
3 stars
I felt "meh" about this book. Wasn't good and it wasn't bad. So it's between the lines. Different for other people. But here's why I particularly feel that this book deserves three stars.

description

It's a really simple book. There were some humor in it. It might make you smile, grin, or giggle. Or literally making you laugh out loud. But all I did was crack some grins. Cute humor. It was easy to detect.

The story-line wasn't really pulling me in, at all. Kind of boring.

It starts with the beaver br
Nicola Mansfield
The beaver brothers get lost in a storm and end up on a different island; this one inhabited by birds and bunnies. By this time we know each book will be illustrated in the same colour as the cover so here we have shades of purple and grey. Many references to previous books and characters which will just seem unintelligible to readers who haven't read the previous books but will be fun to others who are keeping up with the series such as: "Give my best to Bruce." and "Fish Stix? Do you want one? ...more
Holly Letson
The bunnies and the birds are at odds with one another, and the Beaver Brothers find themselves caught up in the middle of it all.
But, something seems funny about this all, they decide, as they spend some time entrapped in the "dungeon" at each species's camp. Both species are saying "Wally" funded the machine they use against the other species.
With a little quick thinking, the Beaver Brothers find "Uncle Wally", who kicks them out. And, they come up with a foolproof plan to show the animals
Audrey Laurey
Sep 12, 2013 Audrey Laurey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could this book be any more perfect? The flying beaver brothers are just looking to relax on Acorn Isle but, things can never be that simple. Walter Mackeral, aka Wally, is up to his old schemes and has put things at odds on the isle by starting a feud between the birds and the bunnies. But, have no fear, justice is served in the most HE-larious and laugh out loud way.

This quick junior graphic novel will appeal to a variety of audiences but, is just right for junior, reluctant readers. I can't
Mandy
Jul 06, 2013 Mandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beaver brothers Ace and Bub get caught in the middle of a dispute between the bunnies and the birds of who should live on the island and where.

This is book #4 in the series and can be read as a stand-alone although there are a few places of confusion. It appeals to younger and reluctant readers, but may cause a few reading frustrations with words such as "ocular membranes." I somewhat liked this story, but am eager to see what the "real critics" think. My 11 and 8 year old sons are eager to snat
Samantha
The Flying Beaver Brothers are just trying to rest and relax, but become stuck in the middle of a battle between the birds and the bunnies.

After being questioned by both sides and mistaken as spies for each of the warring sides, they figure out that none other than Walter Mackeral the Fourth is fueling the feud. His grand plan to have the island to himself is foiled by the Flying Beaver Brothers when they expose him for aiding both the birds and the bunnies.

A funny, fast read for fans of the Lu
Library
It is unfortunate that the library only had volumes 1, 3, 4 & 5 upon my visit. I found out as I read this book that the villain is also the villain from book 2. Spoiler! But it's OK as these stories are quite predictable. In this volume the feud between bunnies and birds is being orchestrated by a fish, Walter, and the Beaver Brothers have to figure out how to stop it as they are caught in the middle which leads to a fun and quick adventure read.
The Styling Librarian
The Flying Beaver Brothers Birds vs. Bunnies by Maxwell Eaton III and The Flying Beaver Brothers and The Mud-Slinging Moles by Maxwell Eaton III – I think these little beaver brothers, Ace and Bub, are quite the amusing ones- They have very distinct personalities and are some of my favorite characters who get into the oddest situations.
Rebecca
This was cute. I do wish I'd been able to read them in order as one character that comes back in this, I hadn't "met" yet. I feel like I should like this series more than I do. I'm hoping I can get a hold of the other volumes to round out my understanding.
Debra
Aug 02, 2013 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out for a fun sail, the brothers get stuck in a storm. They head for safety on an island, but find themselves in large cages built by bunnies. They are not the intended prey. Can they solve the problems on the island for both the bunnies and the birds?
Melki
A smarmy mackerel starts a war between the birds and the bunnies. Caught in the middle, the beaver bros have no choice but to negotiate a truce. I liked this one more than the first volume, but doubt I'll continue with the series.
Sophia W
My brother got a stack of these for his birthday one year, and I was curious, so I read them. They are cute books about the adventures of two beavers dedicated to saving the future of their island.
Mack Oliver
Super fun, totally absurd early elementary graphic novel. Text is simple enough for most first graders, but funny enough for third graders.
Jen
Jan 10, 2014 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wally Mackerel had turned the birds and bunnies against each other so he can take over their island and it's up to Ace & Bub to stop him!
Matt
Jul 07, 2015 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good addition into the graphic novel/comic book genre for younger readers. Not too much potty humor, so a nice break from the Wimpy Kid series and its ilk.
Dolores
Oct 22, 2013 Dolores rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The brothers get caught between battling birds and bunnies, each of whom have weapons provided by the same backer. Hmmm. Time for a beaver intervention.
B
Feb 27, 2015 B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-graphic, j-animals
These books just keep me in stitches. I love beavers to begin with, but beavers that adventure recreate, have dry humor, look so cute, and care about the environment: perfect combination.
Ava
Ava rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2016
Bret
Bret rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Dolly
Dolly rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Linus
Linus rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Ethan
Ethan rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Andrea Labonte
Andrea Labonte rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2014
Ian Crawford
Ian Crawford rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Denise Swelin
Denise Swelin rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Alexa
Alexa rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Game On! (Squish, #5)
  • Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain (Lunch Lady #9)
  • Ariol #1: Just a Donkey Like You and Me
  • Fangbone! Third-Grade Barbarian
  • Benjamin Bear in Bright Ideas
  • Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Donner Dinner Party
  • Cleopatra in Space, Book Two: The Thief and the Sword
  • Binky Takes Charge (Binky)
  • Mal and Chad: Belly Flop! (Mal and Chad, #3)
  • Like Bug Juice on a Burger (Eleanor, #2)
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette #2)
  • Chickenhare (Chickenhare, #1)
  • Bird & Squirrel on the Run
  • Kit Feeny: On the Move
  • Ares: Bringer of War (Olympians, #7)
  • The Animal Book
  • Bowling Alley Bandit

The Flying Beaver Brothers (6 books)
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Evil Penguin Plan