Nocover-blank-133x176
The Archaeology Book

David Down

The Archaeology Book

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Developed with three educational levels in mind, The Archaeology Book takes you on an exciting exploration of history and ancient cultures. You'll learn both the techniques of the archaeologist and the accounts of some of the richest discoveries of the Middle East that demonstrate the accuracy and historicity of the Bible.
Published February 1st 2010 by Master Books

Debbie
"The Archaeology Book" is educational nonfiction about archaeology, with a focus on Bible-related archaeology, for grades 5-8. The full-color photographs of ancient ruins, digs, etc., were lovely, and the maps were useful. I liked the "David Downs Journal" sections which told of his experiences while on digs. Other archaeologists were also quoted describing a find or commenting on archaeology. There was a glossary in the back, though most words were either explained in the text or could be figur...more
Shaun
As a kid, I had many backyard archaeological adventures, that in my childhood mind rivaled the excitement of the most recent Indiana Jones movie. Fortunately, my love of archaeology was more than just a passing boyhood fascination. It is an interest and passion that has stuck with me all the way into adulthood. Being somewhat of a self-proclaimed Bible nerd, archaeology of the Ancient Near East has always been a pet subject. As a homeschooling father, I have been searching for age appropriate re...more
Ellen
Written with multi-level grades in mind, this book makes learning basic archaeology interesting. Full-color photos on each page keeps the most inattentive learner active.
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Nea
Nea marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012
Family
Family added it
Jun 22, 2012
Natajia
Natajia marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2010
Unveiling the Kings of Israel Unveiling the Kings of Israel: Revealing the Bible's Archaeological History Archaeology Book-Study Guide Unwrapping the Pharaohs: How Egyptian Archaeology Confirms the Biblical Timeline [With DVD]