Start by marking “The Timewaster Diaries” as Want to Read:
The Timewaster Diaries

The Timewaster Diaries

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  185 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
"Rita fell down the stairs at twenty-two minutes past midnight." Robin Cooper turns his hand to diary writing in this hilarious new novel. All the absurdity, bad luck. and boundless optimism of his previous books are here, as we discover the man behind the letters. The year starts badly for Robin, losing his job for sending so many letters in work time, and for his wife Ri ...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 1 page
Published July 1st 2007 by Little, Brown Book Group (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Timewaster Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Timewaster Diaries

Liam A
Apr 19, 2014 Liam A rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hmm, i think the book is really funny. the letters and doodles never fail to make me chuckle.
i like the little dramas of robins life and the little world he lives in.
its an easy and light hearted read that will make you smile to yourself a lot if you are a lighthearted person who doesnt take things too seriously.

the time waster letters are also good but, do not follow any story at all. it is just a collection of robins dodgy letters. but there are loads of chuckles to be had.
Fazackerly Toast
well I thought the house handles were funny anyway!
Derek Baldwin
Apr 24, 2012 Derek Baldwin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you've read Diary Of A Nobody you won't gain anything from reading this modern pastiche, most of which is barely amusing. I got about halfway through before deciding I couldn't be bothered to find out what house handles were, what his mysterious job consisted of, nor any of the other unanswered questions at that point. The recurring story of Smithy the pigeon is downright stupid, utterly implausible - a pigeon that lives in the attic and wears pajamas when it's cold... I don't think so. Harml ...more
Sydne
Feb 15, 2016 Sydne rated it it was amazing
If you liked the Adrian Mole series you will also like this one.
The diaries of a middle-aged wannabe inventor naively believing in the superioriy of his inventions and other creative outputs (his poems are appalingly bad, I say I say....) and, very like Adrian Mole, not quite seeing things as they are. Pathetic in its own right but very entertaining. And if you ever come across Aqua-Choc (chocolate with a water centre) you know where it stemmed from.
Nicola Muzsla
There really isn't much point to this book, but then again I have a strong feeling there isn't supposed to be a point. Very humorous in parts ( especially the talking toilet) and a nice light read to make you chuckle now and then. Reading it has really made me want to read 'Robin Cooper's' Other book, The Timewaster letters. Only three stars though because it really wasn't anything special, just a humourous light read.
Anna Leung
Aug 01, 2011 Anna Leung rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was hilarious!! A very light and fun read. It was also addictive to read because I just got so curious about how things will go the next day and then the next, etc. I especially loved the house handles part! The book is much like JD's very random fantasies on Scrubs which makes it more realistic and something everyone can relate to.
Zzoeeeee
Aug 08, 2011 Zzoeeeee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious, the best book I've read in years. This book sees the return of Parmaynu (Table tennis bat that is also an Expert) as well as pleasing to see the character of Robin Cooper develop. Plus some of the best jokes known to man (What is glass made from? Sand, mostly)
Pippin
Jul 31, 2008 Pippin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Slow going so far, I hope that this diary, by the fabulous author of the Timewaster Letters picks up. I was hoping for somehthing more like a novel. This is as anal and bizarre as the letters, but without much to suck you in. Perhaps a good toilet book ... ?
Nick Flanagan
Jun 12, 2013 Nick Flanagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it, read mainly on trains causing embarrasment due to sniggering and actual lolling. Usually other peoples diaries are quite self-centred and I cant really enjoy in case they come in and catch me reading but this was better.
Chandra
Jul 30, 2014 Chandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
Innocently entertaining! I enjoyed the fact that the book is like "butter sandwiches" bland to some but delicious to others. Definitely not hot or spicy, but pleasant.
Danni
Apr 07, 2011 Danni rated it liked it
Shelves: fictions
not bad for when you want to kill some time. Short book to read, I had it on audio book, the narrator with a British accent made it a bit more enjoyable.
Lisa
Feb 01, 2010 Lisa rated it it was ok
Shelves: diary, britian, audiobook
Like a male version of Bridget Jones. Silly and simple and entertaining to listen to in the car on the way to work.
Melissa
Sep 18, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Even better than the timewaster letters books. I really hope there is a follow up diary soon!
Shannon
In short, The Timewaster Diaries is a waste of time. Strangely compelling but full of crap!
Bobby Morris
Sep 22, 2013 Bobby Morris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I say I say I say, Robin Cooper is jolly good.
Paul
Sep 27, 2012 Paul rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2011
very funny in partsbut a bit weird in others...
Doolittlea
Aug 11, 2011 Doolittlea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absurde et addictif. Terriblement drôle.
Nina
Feb 03, 2009 Nina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book was such a waste of time.
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Sadly I think the point escaped me
Isabel
Jul 25, 2011 Isabel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!!! Absolutely hilarious!
Oudge
Wendy
Wendy added it
Apr 16, 2016
Victoria Cattan
Victoria Cattan marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
  • Ten Sorry Tales
  • The Sopranos
  • WLT: A Radio Romance
  • Life's Little Ironies
  • Who Moved My Blackberry?
  • America Unchained: A Freewheeling Roadtrip In Search Of Non-Corporate USA
  • Max and Maddy and the Chocolate Money Mystery
  • The Best of Archie Comics Starring Betty & Veronica
  • What Should We Tell Our Daughters?: The Pleasures and Pressures of Growing Up Female
  • Celebrity sTalker
  • Marching Bands Are Just Homeless Orchestras
  • Knights Of Madness
  • Hybrid (Heathen, #2)
  • Circumference of Darkness
Robert Popper is a multi-award winning writer, producer and performer, and best-selling author.

Robert produced Peep Show for Channel 4, winning a BAFTA for series 4 and British Comedy Awards for both series 3 and 4. With Peter Serafinowicz, Robert created, starred in and composed the music for the BBC 2 spoof science comedy, Look Around You, winning the Rose D’or for Best Comedy in 2006 plus a BAF
More about Robin Cooper...