Start by marking “It Happened to Audrey: A Terrifying Journey from Loving Mom to Accused Baby Killer” as Want to Read:

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Audrey Edmunds was a happily married young mother of two with a baby on the way; the neighborhood soccer mom in a small Wisconsin town providing casual childcare when the unthinkable happened. An infant died in her care at the same time the unknown science of Shaken Baby Syndrome hit the media. Swept up in a media frenzy, Edmunds was accused of killing the child through SB ...more
Published December 1st 2012 by Titletown Publishing, LLC (first published October 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about It Happened to Audrey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Happened to Audrey

Shelly
a harrowing read...Audrey happens to be a lovely woman who lived in the same small town of my current residence. Her girls had sleepovers at my house and her baby daughter was my little guy's "first girlfriend" My heart aches with loss of freedom Audrey had to endure, the loss of such important childhood securities her daughters missed without their mother and the horrible loss the Beard family faced.

Raises our basic freedoms to a whole new level. Made me embrace my boys in suffocating hugs.
Paula
Devastating affects of a false accusation of Shaken Baby Syndrome.

I know Audrey. She attended my church and was a neighbor at the time that an infant in her care tragically died. I knew her as a caring and loving mom and Sunday School teacher. We were all shocked and horrified when she was convicted on what certainly seemed to be conflicting medical testimony.

Unbelievably, Audrey spent 11 years wrongflly imprisoned. Eleven years away from her beautiful daughters who largely grew up without a m
Ally Cabella
It was a quick read and it held my interest. It was written very casually. It did bounce abruptly to tell backstory occasionally but it didn't bother me. I read the book for her story, not for its literary merit.

Her ordeal with the justice system was horrible. It's a shame how evidence was ignored or its interpretation twisted to fit the prosecutor's agenda. Unfortunately the system doesn't work for everyone.
Nicole Lemke
Edmunds' account of her trial and imprisonment following the death of a child she watched in her home.

Somehow, I managed to know nothing about this trial or the overturned conviction though the story took place in Wisconsin. It was interesting subject matter, and considering she lost 11 years of her childrens' lives, a very sad story.

However, it is poorly written. It's repetitive (we get it you take good care of your body, your girls are precious & beautiful, and you like pretty things and
Angie Dubberke
This book is such an eye-opener! I learned a lot and cannot believe this is our judicial system! It is so hard to believe!!
Tammy Brumm
Poorly written. It felt as if much of the story was left out. Very discombobulated.
Brenda
Scary to think we are guilty until we can prove ourselves innocent. I used to have faith in our justice system, but no more. I had no idea that prison was as rough as Audrey tells it. And I have a suspicion that Audrey may have glossed over the more violent aspects of prison life.
Amy
Audrey's story is very compelling, but the execution of her story is not very well done. It was not well written, and the extra spaces drove me batty. It pains me to read something that needs to be told and would be so much better if it would have had a better editor.
Laura Morrow
Not the best writing: one paragraph is the past, next one is the present with nothing to show a break. I knew some of the story before reading the book because my family went to church with Audrey before she went to jail.
Maggie
Poorly written but I still enjoyed the book. In a matter of one hour, Audrey's life changed drastically.
Julie Sikorski
This book was disturbing and just made me mad! I felt so sorry for Audrey and her family.
Cynthia
Thanks Nay for this book....I enjoyed it and will pass it on to Hannah
Amy Sullivan wilkinson
Interesting and well written book.
 Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014