Start by marking “Queen Elizabeth Ii: A Woman Who Is Not Amused” as Want to Read:
Queen Elizabeth Ii: A Woman Who Is Not Amused

Queen Elizabeth Ii: A Woman Who Is Not Amused

Royals expert Nicholas Davies - the author of the Birch Lane Press bestseller Diana: A Princess and Her Troubled Marriage - reveals for the first time the intimate secrets of Queen Elizabeth's forty year reign. Filled with never-before-published revelations, Queen Elizabeth II: A Woman Who Is Not Amused is a story of adultery, passion, jealousy, and mental cruelty, as live ...more
Mass Market Paperback
Published by Citadel Press (first published May 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Queen Elizabeth Ii, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen Elizabeth Ii

Erika Jaeger-smith
Chose to find out more after viewing The Crown (which is excellent). This book has facts and is tons of fun but is at times a bit gossipy.
Shannon  Duran
The book was okay not worth a re read in my opinion. The only interesting parts to me where about prince Phillip. The book spent lots of time discussing him rather then Elizabeth. Elizabeth is very interesting and I expected to learn more about her then just her ongoing disapproval of her children. I feel like a expert on Phillip now. Overall the book was interesting last 100 pages were a bit boring though.
Amy
Mar 22, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently went to London for the first time and I was watching a PBS special on the Queen and she intrigued me. In this book, the Queen's life (up until about 1996 anyway) was chronicled. Her childhood, marriage, rise to the throne and her family. Wow, those royals are a bunch of wacky people. I don't think she's a very warm person or anything (British reserve) but frankly it sucks to be her.
Salma Bakeer
Sep 10, 2012 Salma Bakeer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: factual
One of the best books on the British Royal Family and on Queen Elizabeth in particular.

Reading this book one can see that Mr. Davies is quite knowledgeable and has done his homework where researching the subject is concerned.

Queen Elizabeth may not be easily amused - and she has every right not to be - but I certainly was highly amused and entertained.
Becky Galambos
Jul 26, 2015 Becky Galambos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read. Originally picked it up at a rummage sale as it is the only book I remember my mother returning to the library and complaining about the amount of sex in it (That turned out to be all in one chapter). A bit dated now but a good basic biography.
Liz
Jun 17, 2010 Liz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book, published in 1994, was just a little too dated to enjoy. It did make me see very clearly how difficult it must be to live the life of a "royal" in England despite all our american romanticized ideas.
Suzie
Nov 11, 2011 Suzie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was so obviously biased. Not uninterested, but biased and could have been written better. I would recommend finding a book on the Queen that will be factual, AND unbiased.
Judy
Jan 18, 2015 Judy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This might be more about the Royal Family than I ever wanted to know--although the parts about Prince Philip were interesting.
Jake
Jake rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Kaydean Smith
Kaydean Smith rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2014
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2012
Irracjonalistka
Irracjonalistka rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2011
Paulette
Jun 03, 2011 Paulette marked it as want-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Charlene's recommendation
Catherine
Catherine rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2008
Raluca
Raluca rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Mary Armstrong
Mary Armstrong rated it really liked it
May 09, 2015
Amanda Paige
Amanda Paige rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Amitzah
Amitzah rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Jrs
Jrs rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2011
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2011
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2012
David Butler
David Butler rated it it was ok
Sep 02, 2013
Amitzah
Amitzah rated it liked it
May 14, 2011
Tom Hartmann
Tom Hartmann rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2013
Oriana
Oriana marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2007
Fräni
Fräni added it
Nov 23, 2008
Clara
Clara marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2009
Susan Baranoff
Susan Baranoff marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2009
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2010
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2011
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2011
W
W marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2012
S
S marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2012
Marianna Teixeira
Marianna Teixeira marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2012
Francesan
Francesan marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2013
Brisaea
Brisaea marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Tore Langeland
Tore Langeland marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015