Start by marking “Queen Elizabeth Ii: A Woman Who Is Not Amused” as Want to Read:
Queen Elizabeth Ii: A Woman Who Is Not Amused

Queen Elizabeth Ii: A Woman Who Is Not Amused

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Royals expert Nicholas Davies - the author of the Birch Lane Press bestseller Diana: A Princess and Her Troubled Marriage - reveals for the first time the intimate secrets of Queen Elizabeth's forty year reign. Filled with never-before-published revelations, Queen Elizabeth II: A Woman Who Is Not Amused is a story of adultery, passion, jealousy, and mental cruelty, as live ...more
Mass Market Paperback
Published by Citadel Press (first published May 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Queen Elizabeth Ii, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen Elizabeth Ii

Judy
This might be more about the Royal Family than I ever wanted to know--although the parts about Prince Philip were interesting.
Shannon  Duran
The book was okay not worth a re read in my opinion. The only interesting parts to me where about prince Phillip. The book spent lots of time discussing him rather then Elizabeth. Elizabeth is very interesting and I expected to learn more about her then just her ongoing disapproval of her children. I feel like a expert on Phillip now. Overall the book was interesting last 100 pages were a bit boring though.
Amy
I recently went to London for the first time and I was watching a PBS special on the Queen and she intrigued me. In this book, the Queen's life (up until about 1996 anyway) was chronicled. Her childhood, marriage, rise to the throne and her family. Wow, those royals are a bunch of wacky people. I don't think she's a very warm person or anything (British reserve) but frankly it sucks to be her.
Salma Bakeer
One of the best books on the British Royal Family and on Queen Elizabeth in particular.

Reading this book one can see that Mr. Davies is quite knowledgeable and has done his homework where researching the subject is concerned.

Queen Elizabeth may not be easily amused - and she has every right not to be - but I certainly was highly amused and entertained.
Liz
This book, published in 1994, was just a little too dated to enjoy. It did make me see very clearly how difficult it must be to live the life of a "royal" in England despite all our american romanticized ideas.
Suzie
This book was so obviously biased. Not uninterested, but biased and could have been written better. I would recommend finding a book on the Queen that will be factual, AND unbiased.
Paulette
Jun 03, 2011 Paulette marked it as want-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Charlene's recommendation
Beth Ringwald
Beth Ringwald is currently reading it
Sep 13, 2014
Putty
Putty marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Tore Langeland
Tore Langeland marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Brisaea
Brisaea marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Francesan
Francesan marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2013
Marianna Teixeira
Marianna Teixeira marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2012
S
S marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2012
W
W marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2012
Diana: The People's Princess The Princess Who Changed the World Ten-Thirty-Three: The Inside Story of Britain's Secret Killing Machine in Northern Ireland Diana: The Lonely Princess Diana: A Princess and Her Troubled Marriage