Start by marking “Wordpress 3 Complete” as Want to Read:
Wordpress 3 Complete

April Hodge Silver

Wordpress 3 Complete

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This a comprehensive step-by-step tutorial packed with screenshots and examples for easy and quick pickup.This book is a guide to WordPress for both beginners and those who have slightly more advanced knowledge of WordPress. If you are new to blogging and want to create your own blog or website in a simple and straightforward manner, then this book is for you. It is also f ...more
Published January 21st 2011 by Packt Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wordpress 3 Complete, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wordpress 3 Complete

Lisa
Really clear and helpful. "WordPress 3 Complete" by April Hodge Silver is absolutely the best guide for developing and maintaining sites in WordPress. With the help of this book, I've been able to build several blogs and websites for my own use and for non-profit organizations I assist. Her explanation of php shortcodes and their creative uses, for example, enabled me to produce a more functional website than I could have on my own.

"Wordpress 3 Complete" has a lot more information than "Wordpre
Mark Polino
Despite its age, WordPress is up to v 3.8 at this review, there is still a lot of relevance here. The book is complete, so there is a large amount of info for beginners and plenty of advanced items too. One caveat, there's a lot of code in there.
Anne
I wish it would have excluded the discussion on blogging on Wordpress.com - or at least toned it down. (It seemed like the answer to the most of those topics were: you can't do it, or you can do it for a fee.) But apart from that, a really good and informative book.
Pascal Mestdach
Great way to get started with WordPress. Lot's of usefull web-savy tips an things you'd better know before you start with WordPress. Quick and easy read.
Chrissy
Found the chapters on developing plugins and widgets, and creating a non-blog website the most useful.
Vyacheslav
Vyacheslav marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Shuchy Farjana
Shuchy Farjana marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Jack
Jack marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Bhavik Patel
Bhavik Patel marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Arya Abhimanyu
Arya Abhimanyu marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Lucido
Lucido added it
Aug 23, 2013
Bnoe
Bnoe marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2012
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Christopher Reynolds
Christopher Reynolds marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2012
Eric Naumann
Eric Naumann marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2012