Start by marking “In His Brother's Place” as Want to Read:
In His Brother's Place

In His Brother's Place

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  15 reviews

"I want the boy."
For three years Angie Montoya hid her son from her late fiance's family...until his brother tracked them down. Now Jordan Cooper demands she move to his Santa Fe ranch--the boy's birthright. But how can Angie live with the man who called her a gold digger...the man whose one kiss she's never forgotten?
Racked by guilt since his twin's death, Jordan seeks
Published January 1st 2013 by Harlequin Desire

To ask other readers questions about In His Brother's Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In His Brother's Place

Susan
Very good book. I liked both Angie and Jordan. Angie had been devastated by the death of Justin and the attitude of his family. When she discovered she was pregnant she decided to keep it to herself. When Jordan found them she had to decide whether to take him up on his offer of a home for them. I loved her independence and how she was doing her best to give Lucas everything he needed. She carried some guilty feelings over Justin's death and felt that letting Lucas get to know his father's famil ...more
Virginia Campbell
I am a longtime fan of author Elizabeth Lane's historical romances, and I was intrigued when I learned she would be venturing into contemporary romance with the Harlequin Desire line. "In His Brother's Place" is the first release, and I am happy to say that her characterizations, sense of time and place, and compelling story lines are just as vivid in a contemporary setting! Jordan Cooper has some deep regrets in his life. His guilt over his twin brother's Justin's death in a plane crash has hau ...more
Nancy Crocker
Really wish Goodreads and others would allow rating with half stars along with full stars. I keep going back and forth between 3 & 4 stars. It deserves more than 3 and yet I not sure i want to give it 4. I guess I will give it the 4 because there were no major flaws.

Angie was devastated that her fiancé had been killed in a plane accident, before she was able to tell him that he was to become a father. Having been called a gold digger by Justin Coopers family, among other things she felt no
Kristy
Alison Bliss
Amanda Sheila
For a moment I was expecting anguish story with misunderstanding that lead the Hero and heroine to their happy ending.

I was wrong.

Sure there was misunderstanding, but not much and I can feel the heat. There was angsty feeling but it's just not enough. The author's slow pace plot is a bit boring, the closure with Jordan's mother is not satisfying (boy, how I hate that old cow!) and I kind of want to slap Angie for not making up her mind.

There are moments when I want to stop reading but I can't
Tia
Some of this novel, I'd like to say was boring but a better and more apt word would be slow. The start of the novel and middle parts were slow moving compared to others. However I did adore the characters, they were well written. The end of the novel perked everything up and made it much more enjoyable.
Brandy
I found this book through the excerpt a day feature I subscribe to. After reading the first day's feature I bought the book.

It was good. Full of emotions but not much lightness to break it all up. I liked it and would check out Ms. Lane again.
Rinou
Good hero and heroine, a lack of discussions, some misunderstanding. I'm always a little skeptical when a character falls in love with the twin of his/her late spouse. And at times the boy talks and behave like an older boy would, but not a 3yo.
Pınar
Klasik bir hikaye olmakla birlikte sıkıcı değildi.
Yona
This one was a total waste of reading hours....
Debbie
Read on Kindle. New to me author.
jingles
Harlequin (Silhouette) Desire #2208
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Michelle Padilla
Michelle Padilla marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Pauline
Pauline marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Stephanie Brush
Stephanie Brush marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Claiming His Royal Heir
  • Billionaire's Jet Set Babies
  • His Marriage to Remember
  • An Outrageous Proposal
  • The Boss's Baby Affair
  • Becoming Dante (The Dante Legacy #9)
  • Whatever the Price (Hollywood #2)
  • The Sheikh's Claim (Desert Nights #2)
  • Caroselli's Christmas Baby (The Caroselli Inheritance #1)
  • Her Little Secret, His Hidden Heir
  • The Cowboy's Pride (Harlequin Desire)
  • The Ties that Bind
  • Billionaire Baby Dilemma
  • A Win-Win Proposition
  • A Man of Distinction (Lawyers in Love, #3)
  • A Touch of Persuasion (Men Of Wolff Mountain #2)
  • A Father's Secret
The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1) The Stranger The Nanny's Secret The Santana Heir The Widowed Bride (Seavers Brides #3)