Start by marking “Persecuted: The Global Assault on Christians” as Want to Read:
Persecuted: The Global Assault on Christians

Persecuted: The Global Assault on Christians

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Christians are the world s most widely persecuted religiousgroup, according to studiesby the Pew Research Center, "Newsweek," and the "Economist," among others.

A woman is caught with a Bible and publicly shot to death.An elderly priest is abducted and never seen again. Three buses full ofstudents and teachers are struck by roadside bombs. These are not casualties ofa war.
Published March 12th 2013 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Persecuted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Persecuted

Frank Peters
The book is excellent. It is a current and universal account of the persecution of Christians worldwide. The stories are heart-breaking even as no effort was made to increase the emotional element. Rather, the reporting is very much like what one would read in a short newspaper article. This makes the entire book extremely readable, as each story or section can be read in a few minutes. The book is segmented into different types of countries, each which would have different types of abuse. For e ...more
George Paul
Paul Marshall, Lela Gilbert, and Nina Shea, Persecuted: The Global Assault on Christians (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2013). $16.99, 368 pages.

Saeed Abedini is a Christian minister currently imprisoned for his faith in Iran. A native of that country, Abedini converted from Islam to Christianity in 2000 and became a leader in Iran’s house-church movement. In 2005, he moved to America with his wife, Naghmeh, and became a naturalized citizen here as well. In the summer of 2012, he returned to Iran to
Kelli
Stunningly eye opening. It just makes me what to do more, pray more, help more. The people compiled in these stories are astounding heroes. This book has some skim parts, but I really loved the stories. It shows the triumph of how the Lord works, that he does work, despite anything. It is also incredibly able to make us stop and listen to real people's suffering. I hope in big ways, this book uses people to help others.
Cheryl
This book is about the global assault on Christians—up-to-date information on persecution of Christians from around the globe.

If you think Christians are not persecuted, not tortured, not imprisoned, not killed for their faith today, in the twenty-first century, you are sadly mistaken. This book details much of what is happening on this topic all over the world. It is thorough with over 314 pages of text and hundreds of documenting footnotes in 62 pages of notes.

It includes the definitions of pe
Michelle
Killed for having a Bible in your home...in 2010? Killed for going against Muslim and becoming a Christian..in 2011? What? These things are STILL continuing. I think the mindset that we often have is that all of those awful things happened a long time ago or in really desperate communities in a foreign land. I live in the United States and I constantly hear about our rights as Christians being cut off. "In God we trust?" is no longer what this country stands upon, BUT we are NOT persecuted for o ...more
Liz Terek

‘Persecuted: The Global Assault on Christians’ is a powerful look at what the underground churches in other countries are facing. American Christians have it quite easy with all our liberties. Even if we’ve received backlash from the workplace or in politics, we are blessed. Any Christian who is Missions-minded needs to see what these brave men & women endure for their faith.
Authored by the trio of Paul Marshall, Lela Gilbert, & Nina Shea, ‘Persecuted’ is in-depth, real, & a wake-
Roland Clark
The fact that so much of the evidence in this book is true does not make it a good read. There is no attempt to explain the systemic, racial, or economic factors shaping religious hatred. Perpetrators are simply evil, or more often, Muslim or atheist. The authors frequently use ideographs they hope will inspire horror in their readers.

See my full, and slightly more positive, review here: http://wordsbecamebooks.com/2014/08/2...
Karin Breidenthal
A great and informative read about the persecuted church around the world! A must read for anyone interested in what's really happening to believers abroad or those interested in missions.
Laura Murray
Laura Murray marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Tina Burns
Tina Burns marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Michele Feng
Michele Feng marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Nia
Nia added it
Jan 04, 2015
Amy Cavender
Amy Cavender marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Marcus
Marcus marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Sheila Holley
Sheila Holley marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Emily Bryant
Emily Bryant marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Natacha P
Natacha P marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Matthew Feldi
Matthew Feldi marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Heaven is Not My Home: Learning to Live in God's Creation Their Blood Cries Out The Orange Book Blind Spot: When Journalists Don't Get Religion Scarred For Life: The True Story of a Self-Harmer