Start by marking “Luscious Lemon Desserts” as Want to Read:
Luscious Lemon Desserts

Luscious Lemon Desserts

Lemon sweets are the divas of desserts. Assertive and bold, lemons can be flamboyant, tart, and tangy as in the Lemon Granita or sweet, mellow, and velvety like the creamy Lemon Panna Cotta. Over 70 recipes--from the classics to lip-smacking new favorites--are all enticingly presented in Luscious Lemon Desserts. These recipes vary from the simple to the sublime, from the q ...more
Published April 1st 2001 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Luscious Lemon Desserts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luscious Lemon Desserts

Dottie
Nov 07, 2007 Dottie rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks-food, own
Not only does the word luscious appear in this title but it describes the recipes within and the book itself – beautiful, beautiful book on a subject of which I am fond. I love lemons and recipes using the lovely flavor of lemons so this book was a no-brainer to be a big hit with me. the tart on the front cover is the best I've ever tasted -- and I had no trouble with it either which makes it even better! And there is a lemon cake with lemon glaze that beats most lemon desserts hands down.
Melanie
Jun 16, 2014 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Great recipes and easy to follow instructions for the home baker or pastry professional. I like that many of Lori's books and recipes require easy to find ingredients. She also has photos of each item so you know what the end product to look like.
Monique
Mar 04, 2015 Monique rated it really liked it
Lovely, mouth watering lemon desserts. I have made the lemon curd and it is delicious, needs a bit less sugar than the recipe calls for. I love lemon. The pictures make you want to eat everything. I would consider buying this book.
Caroline
Mar 24, 2008 Caroline rated it really liked it
Shelves: foodie
A must-have for lovers of springtime desserts! Though the instructions sometimes seem a tad out of order, or overly complicated (why would you add liquid extracts to cake batter *after* adding the dry ingredients? and is double-sifting really necessary?), the results were wonderful! I can't recommend the Ultimate Lemon Pound Cake enough. I enjoyed making it, I enjoyed glazing it, and - most importantly - I enjoyed eating it. :) I'm usually a little suspicious of cookbooks that feature big glossy ...more
Emily
Jun 26, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing
Lemons - delicous. I haven't tried many of the recipes yet, but it is a cookbook filled with photos, which I always love, and the recipes I have tried have turned out as I expected them to. The sorbet is delicious.
Carissa
Jul 31, 2010 Carissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I love lemons. I've made a couple of desserts from this book and they were all yummy. The lemon whoopie pies are to die for.l
Alissa Nolan
Feb 25, 2013 Alissa Nolan rated it it was amazing
I love lemons and this book is full of tempting dessert ideas. Hopefully I can make the lemon almond cake this week?
Rose Ann
Jul 16, 2012 Rose Ann rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Try the Lemon Tart, pictured on the cover. It was easy and the result was excellent.
Heather
Oct 25, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it
Oooh, the lemon tart is sooo good!
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
rainie
rainie marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Hillary Abu
Hillary Abu is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2016
Austin Lewis
Austin Lewis rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Mya francis
Mya francis marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
SoManyBooksSoLittleTime
SoManyBooksSoLittleTime marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Jeanne Marie
Jeanne Marie marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Louisa Wilkinson
Louisa Wilkinson marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Angie Cain
Angie Cain rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Jian
Jian marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Lizette
Lizette marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Kristen
Kristen rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
mark ofosu
mark ofosu rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Abunour
Abunour rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
  • HomeBaking: The Artful Mix of Flour and Traditions from Around the World
  • Bittersweet: Recipes and Tales from a Life in Chocolate
  • Chocolate Desserts by Pierre Hermé
  • Great Scandinavian Baking Book
  • Moosewood Restaurant Book of Desserts
  • Kaffeehaus: Exquisite Desserts from the Classic Cafés of Vienna, Budapest and Prague
  • Booze Cakes: Confections Spiked with Spirits, Wine, and Beer
  • The Pastry Queen: Royally Good Recipes From the Texas Hill Country's Rather Sweet Bakery and Cafe
  • Sugar Baby: Confections, Candies, Cakes, & Other Delicious Recipes for Cooking with Sugar
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor
  • Weber's Big Book of Grilling
  • Southern Cakes: Sweet and Irresistible Recipes for Everyday Celebrations
  • Crust and Crumb: Master Formulas for Serious Bread Bakers
  • Local Breads: Sourdough and Whole-Grain Recipes from Europe's Best Artisan Bakers
  • How to Bake: Complete Guide to Perfect Cakes, Cookies, Pies, Tarts, Breads, Pizzas, Muffins,
  • Rose's Christmas Cookies
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking
  • Vegetarian Suppers from Deborah Madison's Kitchen