Smile of the Viper

Smile of the Viper

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  4 reviews
London private investigator Jack Barclay is on the trail of financier Tom Stanton who has disappeared with 1million of clients' money, leaving his desperate wife and children behind. Stanton's Parisian mistress, Danielle, is also involved with the boss of a drug smuggling cartel and Stanton is seduced into laundering money for them. When 4million of drugs cash goes missing...more
Published October 1st 2012 by Caffeine Nights Publishing (first published September 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Smile of the Viper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smile of the Viper

Sandra
Harry Dun's debut is impressive, and in private investigator Jack Barclay he has created a tough guy with a cuddly side.
Jack is called into action when financier Tom Stanton goes missing. His wife Jill thinks his disappearance is out of character, but as Jack starts to dig deeper, he learns that Tom has run off with nearly £1m of clients' cash - and is leading a double life in Paris.
Tom hasn't only upset his customers, because a bunch of nasties employed by a drugs cartel are also on his tail. C...more
Lizzie Lamb
As I was reading this well paced, well written book I kept envisaging it on the television. It would be a great book to adapt to a screen play and Jack Barclay is a hero/character who will run and run. So I hope that Harry Dunn will bring him back in his next book. The action is clear and definitive and the plot unravels in a satisfying and totally believable fashion. I like the idea of a private eye with a big heart and a degree of vulnerability who has his own demons to deal with. The secondar...more
Carol Bridgestock
A real page turner that will thrill you from the start to the finish.Jack Barclay is an excellent character as a real believable PI and with a drug smuggling cartel, murder, kidnap, torture, betrayal and the mafia thrown into the mix what more would a crime reader want for an entertaining read? Check Harry Dunn's debut novel out - you're in for a real treat!
Psst... If you want to get to know Harry a little better here's the link to my 'Close Up' with him :) ... http://blog.rcbridgestock.com/?p=...more
Best Crime Books
I have to be honest and say that the cover of this book didn’t appeal to me. Don’t ask me why, I can’t put my finger on it but it just doesn’t sit right with me. What I can tell you is that it does NOT do the book justice and if I had one major criticism to Mr Dunn and his Publishers it would be to look at changing the style of cover for his next book. The synopsis of this sounded good and the opening chapters were enough to reel you in.

Jack Barclay is a Private Investigator and things have been...more
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Ann
Ann is currently reading it
Mar 08, 2014
Hoopy
Hoopy marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013
Mallory Heart Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
Ruby Margol
Ruby Margol marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
OrchardBookClub
OrchardBookClub marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2013
❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥
❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
One Night in Andalucia (Caffeine Nights Short Shots) In the Image and Likeness of Man (A Prophesy for the Future) Monster Wheels