Start by marking “I Am an Islander” as Want to Read:
I Am an Islander

I Am an Islander

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  4 reviews
No man is a Prince Edward Island. That’s a good thing, because the tiny province is eroding a metre per year. In his new collection of side-splitting essays, I am An Islander, Patrick Ledwell explores the hilarity of life viewed from the country’s crumbling Eastern edge. Raised in a big family, the Island comedian looks back at his rural roots. I am an Islander is a funny ...more
ebook
Published July 1st 2012 by Acorn Press (CN)

To ask other readers questions about I Am an Islander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Am an Islander

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. MontgomeryThe Shipping News by Annie ProulxThe Blind Assassin by Margaret AtwoodAlias Grace by Margaret AtwoodThe Deptford Trilogy by Robertson Davies
Oh, Canada!
429th out of 528 books — 203 voters

More lists with this book...

PEI Public Library Service
I am an Islander by Patrick Ledwell

Comedian Patrick Ledwell has put into a book many of the observations he has been making in numerous appearances on stage and radio. This 165-page book is comprised of a number of short chapters on such topics as “The PEI Flag”, “Anne of Green Gables vs. the Potato”, “A Few Signs of Intelligent Life on Prince Edward Island”, “PEI Voter turnout” and “Under the Acadian Influence”.

I so enjoyed this book! Ledwell’s insights into life on Prince Edward Island captu
Julie
I bought an armful of books about Prince Edward Island on the second-to-last day of vacation there, when I didn't want to leave. I thought they would remind me of what it felt like to be there. This book is light, fun, amusing, but probably not of particular interest to anyone who doesn't love PEI.
Natasha
I was given this book as a housewarming gift, well suited as I just moved to the island from "Away". This quick read was funny and charming and *hopefully* has given me some insight as to what to expect as a "from Away" Islander.
Virginia
J and I literally LOL'd many times at this:) Smart and on-point, although occasionally sappy.Pokes fun at us, but nicely:P
Kat
Kat added it
Dec 08, 2013
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Brita
Brita marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2013
Umar
Umar marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2013