Start by marking “Mind Over Mussels: A Shores Mystery” as Want to Read:
Mind Over Mussels: A Shores Mystery

Mind Over Mussels: A Shores Mystery (Shores Mystery #2)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Nothing happens at The Shores. Ceilidhs, yes. Killings, no. Until one night, murder comes to the isolated Prince Edward Island village. Amateur sleuth Hy McAllister trips over a body on the beach. It's cottager Lance Lord, dressed like Jimi Hendrix, his head split open by an axe. As Hurricane Angus moves up the coast, Mountie Jane Jamieson and Hy vie to figure out who kill ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Acorn Press (CN) (first published July 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mind Over Mussels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Over Mussels

Philip
Another much appreciated FUN read! I'll have more thoughts later but for now "Jasmine" has still got to be the best character in this series! I really like to have a few books like the ones in this series to unwind with after reading a dark and violent story such as Sean Lynch's "Wounded Prey" which I just finished and liked a whole lot, too! However I guess you couldn't call this one a cozy 'cause there's a few pretty gruesome killings and lot's of wild action but there are more than enough goo ...more
Shonna Froebel
This was an enjoyable light mystery set in PEI. This one includes a storm that cuts off part of the island, a few messy relationships, and the power of the mind.
While I enjoyed the village feel and the range of characters, I was sometimes distracted by poor editing and a disjointed plot. Things seemed to jump around a lot and characters talked in riddles.
I found the outcome unsatisfying overall and there seemed to be ongoing storylines where I didn't have enough information. I liked the quirkine
Lana Kamennof-sine
My first sampling of this author's work & it was enjoyable. Certainly her description of life in rural & island living is dead on. The eyes of the community always on you, everyone with secrets, come from aways viewed with suspicion etc. Certainly some wonderful comic buffoon characters. Surely even a newbie, community officer wouldn't allow major evidence to disappear or be as chary at handing over evidence. Although I fear that it may all be too close to true.
Isabelle Lafrance
Isabelle Lafrance marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Tamara
Tamara added it
Mar 29, 2013
Jeannine
Jeannine marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2012
Jen
Jen added it
Nov 09, 2012
I'm a writer broadcaster currently writing a mystery series set in a small Canadian fishing village. Like cosies? Quirky characters? Some serious dished up with some comic? Then you might like to start following The Shores series. I call it "village noir."

The first of these, "Revenge of the Lobster Lover" was published by Acorn Press in October 2010.
The book can be ordered online through amazon.ca
More about Hilary MacLeod...

Shores Mystery (5 books)
  • Revenge of the Lobster Lover
  • All is Clam
  • Something Fishy
  • Bodies and Sole
Revenge of the Lobster Lover All is Clam Something Fishy Bodies and Sole Tools of their trade: The book of professional fiascos