Start by marking “Mind Over Mussels: A Shores Mystery” as Want to Read:
Mind Over Mussels: A Shores Mystery

Mind Over Mussels: A Shores Mystery (Shores Mystery #2)

Nothing happens at The Shores. Ceilidhs, yes. Killings, no. Until one night, murder comes to the isolated Prince Edward Island village. Amateur sleuth Hy McAllister trips over a body on the beach. It's cottager Lance Lord, dressed like Jimi Hendrix, his head split open by an axe. As Hurricane Angus moves up the coast, Mountie Jane Jamieson and Hy vie to figure out who kill ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Acorn Press (CN) (first published July 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mind Over Mussels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind Over Mussels

Philip
Mar 07, 2014 Philip rated it really liked it
Another much appreciated FUN read! I'll have more thoughts later but for now "Jasmine" has still got to be the best character in this series! I really like to have a few books like the ones in this series to unwind with after reading a dark and violent story such as Sean Lynch's "Wounded Prey" which I just finished and liked a whole lot, too! However I guess you couldn't call this one a cozy 'cause there's a few pretty gruesome killings and lot's of wild action but there are more than enough goo ...more
Paula Dembeck
May 10, 2013 Paula Dembeck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in The Shores Mystery series.

Lance Lord, one of the cottagers at The Shores is found dead on the beach. Curiously, he is dressed as Jimi Hendrix and his head has been split open by an axe. Hy McAlister finds him and actually trips over the body while jogging. Meanwhile, Hurricane Angus is gathering force along the coast and may wash away important evidence before it can be collected.

Trusty Jane Jamieson heads the investigation. This may be her ticket to Toronto, a place
Shonna Froebel
Dec 22, 2012 Shonna Froebel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: canadian
This was an enjoyable light mystery set in PEI. This one includes a storm that cuts off part of the island, a few messy relationships, and the power of the mind.
While I enjoyed the village feel and the range of characters, I was sometimes distracted by poor editing and a disjointed plot. Things seemed to jump around a lot and characters talked in riddles.
I found the outcome unsatisfying overall and there seemed to be ongoing storylines where I didn't have enough information. I liked the quirkine
Lana Kamennof-sine
My first sampling of this author's work & it was enjoyable. Certainly her description of life in rural & island living is dead on. The eyes of the community always on you, everyone with secrets, come from aways viewed with suspicion etc. Certainly some wonderful comic buffoon characters. Surely even a newbie, community officer wouldn't allow major evidence to disappear or be as chary at handing over evidence. Although I fear that it may all be too close to true.
Anne & Thea
Anne & Thea rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2016
Minto Schneider
Minto Schneider rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Kari
Kari rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2012
Reen
Reen rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Penny
Penny rated it liked it
May 11, 2014
Mysteria
Mysteria rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Gayle
Gayle rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Joni
Joni rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2016
Jason Sonser
Jason Sonser rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2013
Eliza
Eliza rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2011
Tyler
Tyler rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
MinglingThreads
MinglingThreads rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2011
Karen Hine
Karen Hine rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2013
Geneviève Dillon
Geneviève Dillon rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2015
Jen
Jen added it
Jun 20, 2012
Jeannine
Jeannine marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2012
Tamara
Tamara added it
Mar 21, 2013
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Isabelle Lafrance
Isabelle Lafrance marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Tasha-Lynn
Tasha-Lynn marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2016
Nicole Tester
Nicole Tester marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2016
I'm a writer broadcaster currently writing a mystery series set in a small Canadian fishing village. Like cosies? Quirky characters? Some serious dished up with some comic? Then you might like to start following The Shores series. I call it "village noir."

The first of these, "Revenge of the Lobster Lover" was published by Acorn Press in October 2010.
The book can be ordered online through amazon.ca
More about Hilary MacLeod...

Shores Mystery (5 books)