Start by marking “The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance: 13 Tales of Supernatural Love” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Mammoth Book of Gh...

Trisha Telep

The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance: 13 Tales of Supernatural Love (Mammoth Romances)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  183 ratings  ·  32 reviews
A wonderful collection of stories of supernatural love by Sharon Shinn, Annette Blair, Caridad Pineiro, Jennifer Estep, Gwyn Cready, Carolyn Crane, Jeannie Holmes, Anna Campbell, Julia London, Christie Ridgway, Holly Lisle and Liz Maverick. In happy-ever-after endings, ghosts come to life so that lovers can be united in the flesh.
Published June 7th 2012 by Robinson Publishing (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance

Penny Watson
Mammoth Book Of Ghost Romance, Edited by Trisha Telep

Why did I read this book?

1. I liked the cover (I'm easily swayed by nice packaging).
2. Carolyn Crane wrote something in here.

Yep, I'm pretty easy.

This anthology is a collection of ghost stories. Some of them are excellent, and some are less than stellar. From an editing perspective, there is a good mix of romantic, historical, funny, serious, intense and contemporary. I thought the flow was good from one story to the next, although it is somet
Metaspinster
Jun 10, 2012 Metaspinster marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
Ugh. Never mind. I wanted to read Carolyn Crane's story, but I can't support the editor's bigotry.
Theresa
18 short stories by various authors. I'm mainly reading this for Jennifer Estep’s Elemental Assassin story: Haints and Hobwebs. But will review the others as well. Here’s list of the stories and their authors.

1) ‘The Chinese Bed’ by Anna Campbell. 3 stars. A bed haunted by a jilted Chinese princess that curses all newlyweds on their wedding day

2)‘Old Salt’ by Carolyn Crane. 2 stars. A scriptwriter who had to return home to care for her parents and a ghost captain whose ship went down in 1879
Katherine
Update: Ok, ok. This book was available as an e-book from my library, so I just count resist. I still don't agree with Trisha Telep, but I love Carolyn Crane, so whatever, I read Old Salt. It was pretty good, maybe not my favorite CC story, but I'm still happy to have read it.

I was really looking forward to reading this, mostly for Carolyn Crane's story, but I can't read it because of Trisha Telep. I hope Carolyn will eventually publish her story independently.
Jonathan Currinn
Finally finished this book, took me longer than I thought it would but I'm glad I have finished.

Was getting a little bored with the constant male and females falling in love, you can see it happening at the start of every story and at the end of every story there is a perfect happy ending, and yet we all know that happy endings aren't exactly real. But a few stories stuck out like a sore thumb in this book, whereas most of them shined and showed how amazing these writers are.

Here's what I though

‘The Heart Thief’ by Cindy Miles. 4/5

‘Ghost in the Machine’ by Dru Pagliassoti. 2/5

‘Thr
Trea
I'm going to break this review down by story, since this is a huge anthology and each story has its own merits. If there was no other way to get some of these stories, I would purchase this book, but I would much rather just get the stories I enjoyed and not pay the $6 for the rest of it.

a. The Chinese Bed-Three different ghosts in this story, one malevolent and two just trying to come to terms with their deaths. It is a very quick story, but I found myself skimming over the parts with the prese
Melindeeloo
A nice collection of 'spirited' romance shorts – I like these Mammoth books for the sheer number and variety of stories. From matchmakers from beyond the veil bringing lovers together, to loves that triumph over death, this collection had it all and included some really different stories by some old favorite authors for me to enjoy but also gave me a chance to see how well some new to me authors handle a romance in a small amount of pages. So when the last page was turned this ended up being a d ...more
Vina Raintree
kereennntt bangett !!!!!
walo membutuhkan waktu dua hari untuk menyelesaikan ebook ini, tapi astaga, gag rugi sama sekali !

dan semua cerita bagus-bagus , bahkan ada yang aku kaya berkaca2 gitu, seperti "can you hear me", yang ceritanya tentang seorang perempuan karir yang selalu ditelpon ayahnya saat masih hidup, suatu ketika pas dia lagi telpon2an, ayahnya serangan jantung, nah pas pemakaman 2 bulan kemudian, tiba2 dia ditelpon ayahnya yang nanyakan tentang kehidupannya (kudu nangis eike), jadil
Darcy
This review is based only on Jennifer Estep's story.

Gin Blanco is one of my favorite characters to read about, so when I realized the series had a short story in this book I had to check it out. This story was oddly balance by Gin's sarcasm and the ghost's sweetness and innocence. I liked that Gin knew she needed to help the girl and that the gang all pitched in. The ending was great, I loved Owen's comment, I can only hope it comes true.
Paris
I didn't rate the book as a whole since I only read two of the stories in it.

Carolyn Crane - Old Salt 4/5 stars
I love Carolyn Crane. Everything she writes is fresh and new; completely unlike anything else. Even this short is different and I loved every second of it.

Jennifer Estep - Haints & Hobwebs 3/5 stars
Ultimately this short was frustrating. Not because it wasn't good and didn't fit in the Elemental Assassin series. I actually liked it and thought that it was pretty good, except it felt
melissa
Only read 4.7 - Haints & Hobwebs by Jennifer Estep to continue the Elemental Assassin series.

Decent little side story involving a soul sucking vampire and the Spider helping a haint reunite with her lost love.
Nicole
I got barely two pages into this before I gave up. So horribly written, cheesy, and boring.
Jacqueline
Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin 04.7 - Haints & Hobwebs - 3 stars
Amber
the last 3 stories (Can You Hear Me Now?, The Storm and >>>--4EVR---> were definitely my favourites!
Giddyup
My rating is based on the two stories that I read.

Carolyn Crane - Old Salt
I had not read this author before so I did not know what to expect. It was a pleasant surprise. I really enjoyed this story. I loved the writing. I'm going to add this author to my TBR pile.

Jennifer Estep - Haints & Hobwebs
This is the reason that I picked up this book and I was not disappointed. It was fun to see Gin and Owen at the beginning of their relationship. They have only been together a few weeks when this st
Chapter 35
Nice wee ditty of a story. A Haint ( traded spirit with unfinished business) comes to Gin in an unusual way. They do some digging and uncover a baby bad air elemental vampire killer... who keeps the soles of his victim's.
Gin decides to help the Haint, called Tess Darville... and si the story goes...
Anna Huber
This anthology was something of a mixed bag for me. It started out very strong and then waivered up and down through the middle and end. I would say about 25% of the novellas would have earned 4 or 5 stars from me; 25% earned 2 or less, and the rest fell into the 3 star range. It's difficult to tell a complete, satisfying story in such a short word count. However, there were four or five that were extremely good. Overall I was pleased.
Joanne
Jan 11, 2015 Joanne marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-paper-book
Haints and Hobwebs - 4*'s Jan 11, 2015
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
I didn't read *every* story in this anthology. If it didn't grab me quickly, I didn't bother. My top 3:
Old Salt- liked the story of the haunting ghost
Haints and Hobwebs- This is what a short story in a series should do! I haven't started the Elemental Assassin series yet and I wasn't lost. Enjoyable.
Seventeen Coppers- Ro was a great character, but I felt she needed a little too much rescuing.
Penelope
I read about maybe two stories, and there were still things wrong with it such as after successfully becoming a fan of Supernatural I see many things wrong with the way ghosts are...ghosts, and two, what is with these characters in these series who can't stop humping things after the first ten seconds of meeting?? That is such a pet peeve to me, because it is so unrealistic.
Cheryl Whitty
This is great for reading when you haven't got the time to read a fall
novel.

When reading short stories by authors you would normally see or read.

A wide range of stories kept me entertained when unable to find time to raed a full novels.
Robin
Purchased this collection with sole purpose of reading and rating "Haints and Hobwebs" by Jennifer Estep, a shortstory in the Elemental Assassin series. 4.25 Stars for "Haints and Hobwebs".
Juliet24
Alexa
I really enjoy these 'Mammoth Books of...' My favourites in this one were The Single Girl's Guide to Getting Ahead by Liz Maverick and The Storm by Linda Wisdom.
Angel
• “Haints and Hobwebs,” (Elemental Assassins) by Jennifer Estep
Jodie
Jennifer Estep - Haints and Hobwebs: 4.5/5 Stars
Ladyacct
Some great, some good, and some not so good.
Khristine Stain
Rating for Haunt by Jennifer Estep...
  • The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance
  • Tan­gled Schemes (Elemental Assassin #3.7)
  • Blood Lite III: Aftertaste (Blood Lite, #3;  Otherworld Stories, #10.4; The Dresden Files, #6.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Steampunk
  • Entangled
  • Those Who Fight Monsters: Tales of Occult Detectives
  • Wild & Steamy (Includes: Iron Seas #0.4; The Disillusionists Trilogy #2.5)
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Brave New Love: 15 Dystopian Tales of Desire
  • The Wild Side: Urban Fantasy with an Erotic Edge
  • The Mammoth Book of Ghost Stories by Women
  • A Vampire for Christmas (Includes: Sweetblood, #2.5)
Trisha Telep was the romance and fantasy book buyer at Murder One, a London crime, mystery, and romance bookstore; she's now co-owner of the virtual bookstore www.murderone.co.uk and an editor of romance and supernatural anthologies for Mammoth. Originally from Vancouver, Canada, she now lives in London.
More about Trisha Telep...

Mammoth Romances (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2: Love Bites
  • The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance
  • The Mammoth Book Of Paranormal Romance 2
  • The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance
  • The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance
  • The Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance (ACRO, #1.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance: Volumes 1 and 2
The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances