Start by marking “The Counterfeit Claus (Rescue Twinks, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Counterfeit Claus (Rescue Twinks, #1)

The Counterfeit Claus (Rescue Twinks #1)

It's just an average day at the local mall's Christmas Village... there's an elf shortage, no manager in sight, and an unknown person hiding behind a big white beard. Still, everything is under control. Mostly. Sort of... until the klutziest elf of all slips onto the scene in slick bottomed, pointy-toed shoes... and slides right into the waiting arms of the Counterfeit ...more
Published December 15th 2012 by Cherie Noel

To ask other readers questions about The Counterfeit Claus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Counterfeit Claus

Vio
Editing? Confusing, it was a bit jumbled and a missed opportunity. I liked the storyline and furball looked like a potential winner, if that had been explored further. The klutzy MC was cute to a point, I had to decipher my way through what was going on for the last half of the book which was difficult, more background info and better editing was needed. Nice try for what it was.
Arthur
Dec 18, 2012 Arthur rated it it was ok

I don't know. There's something with the writing that often confused me. It's like reading a footnote in every sentence, but the note is not on the bottom of the page, instead it's on the text itself. At the end, it felt unfocused.
Thomaidha Papa
Apr 01, 2013 Thomaidha Papa rated it it was ok
2.5 Hearts

Review written for Mm Good Book reviews

Hmm, I don’t know what to make about this short. It’s supposed to be the first book in a series yet it doesn’t have what it takes to entice you to get book #2.

We get to meet Devon and Adrien here, when Devon fills in for Michael at the mall as Santa due to Michael’s illness. That was supposed to be the only thing going wrong that day, if it wasn’t for Mr. Disaster-Bound-To-Happen, aka Adrien. In a series of
Cindi
Oct 29, 2013 Cindi rated it liked it
When Devon fills in as Santa for his friend Michael at the mall, he meets Adrien. Adrien works as one of Santa's elves in his tight elf shorts and green tights. Adrien is a klutz of epic proportions. Devon is known as the love 'em and leave 'em type of guy. He has left a string of broken hearts in his wake. When he meets Adrien, he starts to rethink that. The way the two guys meet is hilarious.

This is the first in a series so this didn't quite end with a true HEA but the possibility is there for
Victoria Zagar
This was a fun, silly holiday read that brightened an afternoon. It's pure, unadulterated fluff and it's free.

At times it was a little confusing and I spotted a couple of very minor mistakes (missing periods, extra spaces) that could be fixed, but overall it was a sweet read and good for what it was. I'm not usually the biggest fan of contemporary fluff, but I needed something to get me in the holiday spirit and this seemed to do the trick.
Shannon
Dec 30, 2012 Shannon rated it liked it
I'm going for 3 stars because the twink was so freaking adorable. This was just the very beginning of something so it left me wanting more in a big way. No sex, just heavy petting, but I bet if there's another book it's gonna be freaking hot. Clumsy twink, hot alpha ex-military man playing Santa to his elf. Basic xmas short.
Serena Yates
Jan 06, 2013 Serena Yates rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
Sweet, hot, and fun, this is a very cute story full of Holiday cheer, almost-catastrophic accidents and more than a little heat. From the yummy character descriptions to lots of hot kisses in the locker room of the characters' local mall, there is enough steam here to suspect a sauna is around the corner.

Adrien is a student and too clumsy to live (I have no idea how he survives), and Devon is such a stud, who clearly has a soft inner core and a big heart. There is quite a bit of background about
Jane A
Nov 01, 2014 Jane A rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holiday, favorites
Oooooooh this was my favorite holiday read so far!!!
In the beginning I had no clue where this story was going but as I kept on reading I got the hang of it and started to really like it. I couldn't imagine a character ever being as clumsy as Adrien. (view spoiler) The ending made me want to read more about the relationship between these two! It was definitely way too short.

ps. No sex scenes
Suze
Sep 01, 2016 Suze rated it liked it
What I would call a perfect coffee break book - short enough to just about read in a coffee break; funny; because its short there are no big plot twists to worry about and it puts a smile on your face!
Aiden is Mr Clumsy, and after a disastrous coming together with his boss, has to be saved by Santa. Loved the elf-a-go-go shorts, the hot and steamy make out session and that Aiden wasn't about to bow down to Devon's requests straight away. It all takes place over the span of a few hours but I thin
Pati
Dec 20, 2012 Pati rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Way too short to really make up my mind wether to like it or not. While we see that Adrien is certainly klutzy and that Devon seems to be a very together kind of man that's all we know about them. We know more about Michael & Andy than we do about Adrien. Which is disappointing. I hope that this is just a small little teaser type of introduction to these two guys and that Ms. Noel has a longer more in depth story for them.
Dre
Cannot wait for the full book. Adrien is adorable, and I can't wait for Devon to fulfill all the dirty promises he made in the locker room. Love Adrien calling his elf shorts, elf-go-go shorts because his butt is so much bigger than the other elves'. I think the full story is going to be adorable and funny. I love humor in my m-m romance, and it's pretty hard to come by.
Amara
Jan 06, 2013 Amara rated it really liked it
Loved this little short. A great, fun little holiday read. I'm not really a huge fan of shorts, but the author managed pack in enough with this one that I fell in love with the characters and was hooked. There's no sex, but still was packed full of steamy. I only had one complaint...need more. MOAR!!

Dear author: Pls to be giving me more Devon rawr and Adrien cutie patutie. 'kthx.
Vivian
Dec 23, 2012 Vivian rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-contemp
Adrien, aka Mall Elf aka Walking Disaster seems to be thwarting death on a daily basis, not that there isn't plenty of collateral damage.

Devon, aka Substitute Santa aka Great Friend to Have manages to do the near impossible regularly, saving everyone ass and Adrien is no exception.

Cute story of how love/lust strikes even in Candy Cane Lane in the middle of an uninspiring mall court.
Sadonna
Dec 26, 2012 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, free, mm, holidays
2.5 stars. Something about this story confused me. I can't tell if the MCs really met before or just what the relationships are between the characters. But I'd like to learn more about Devon and Adrien and Andy at least. How do Sam and Michael fit? A lot of introductions, but I needed more.
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Ashley Cox
Ashley Cox rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Eiko
Dec 24, 2012 Eiko rated it it was ok
受が女性だったとしても全く違和感がない設定。会話とか何もかもが男…?でダメだった。
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2013
Elspeth
Elspeth rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2013
Tanja
Tanja rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2014
Isabelle
Isabelle rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Lolene
Lolene rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2012
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was ok
May 21, 2013
Jolene
Jolene rated it liked it
May 08, 2014
jules0623
jules0623 rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2012
Zeoanne
Zeoanne rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Mimi Lee
Mimi Lee rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2013
coffee
coffee rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2013
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Butcher, baker, candlestick maker…ummm, eww, every chance I get, and I surely would if these damn characters would ever shut up. Born in West Palm Beach, Florida and raised…er, is all over the damn place a sufficiently descriptive term? No? Then how about this? Tinker, tailor, Indian chief…Ooooh, especially when smexy men are involved (!), only under duress, and did the cheek-bones give it away?
S
More about Cherie Noel...

Rescue Twinks (3 books)
  • Worth a Thousand Words (Rescue Twinks #2)
  • By Any Other Name (Rescue Twinks #3)