Start by marking “Cyborg 009, Volume 1 (Cyborg 009, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cyborg 009, Volume 1 (Cyborg 009, #1)

Cyborg 009, Volume 1 (Cyborg 009 #1)

Book
Published September 9th 2003 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Cyborg 009, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cyborg 009, Volume 1

Kaotic
Mar 12, 2016 Kaotic rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
I bought the first five volumes of this series from my local nerd store, owned by one of my friends. The main reason I bought it was for the nostalgia aspect.

I remembered watching and loving it as a kid growing up (I believe the anime was out in either the late 90s or early 2000s). I couldn't remember much about it after I got older, but I remember it being one I watched every week, a series I loved. I always had scattered memories of what it was about - but never more than that.

After reading
M Strawberry Reviews
Nov 11, 2012 M Strawberry Reviews rated it it was amazing
It wasn't until after I saw 009 on the Cartoon Network that I learned of the existence of this lovely manga. SO many people today prefer modern-day manga by Clamp or whatever (not that I have a problem with that - I do enjoy Clamp) but I also like the oldies. I'm a huge fan of Osamu Tezuka, and I was struck with the similarity in art and later learned that Ishinomori was a fan of Tezuka. 009 is a interesting idea (it might seem a bit dated now, but it's still great) If you're a fan of old-school ...more
Cassandra
Apr 05, 2016 Cassandra rated it it was ok
This book is remarkably political for something I remember watching as a TV series when I was a young teenager. The statements are fairly powerful for the Cold War era - about the war machine that destroys regular people for the sake of power and profit. That's sort of the extent of my respect, though. I can deal with a cartoony art style in my comics, but I don't understand how a book that professes to represent people of different races does so in pretty terrible caricatures of characters. Whi ...more
Hector Tirado
Oct 14, 2009 Hector Tirado rated it really liked it
I like this book and if u like the action you should read this book 2.its about some scientific people that they get some kid and they make a experiment with them some of them can fly, run as fast as the light, and the other ones are strong and they can change in anything. they can have ultraviolet. then they scape from the lab and all the people are looking with them, and after they fine them they star getting in a fight. at the end of the book they scape by taking a sub.
John
Feb 05, 2015 John rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Another fun manga from way back when. The art is very much of the Tezuka school and the story is a cyborg, multi-racial variant of the Magnificent Seven. My only complaint is that it's surprisingly wordy with a very lengthy set-up before the action gets going. Not my favorite Ishinomori manga but still an enjoyable one.
Sorairo
Nov 02, 2014 Sorairo rated it really liked it
Adoravo alla follia questo anime e sono felicissima di leggerne il manga. Certo ,il disegno è antiquato e la storia arruginita rispetto alle opere odierne, ma rimane comunque un pilastro. Le note a fine libro sono molto interessanti. Non vedo l'ora di conoscere tutto di questo universo che tanto mi ha colpito nella mia infanzia.
Julie
Apr 21, 2008 Julie rated it really liked it
I had no idea when I pulled this off the library shelf how politically charged it was. I'd seen some of the anime when they were showing it on Adult Swim. It was written in the 1960s and carries a very strong anti-war message. I look forward to reading more.
Roberto Rho
Nov 06, 2016 Roberto Rho rated it it was amazing
Uno dei miei mito da bambino. Finalmente posso leggerlo in tutta tranquillità. Mettiamoci poi che ha quasi 50 anni, fa sí che sia un piccolo capolavoro.
Lawren
Wow this is good comics
Cuordipolvere
In realtà un due e mezzo. Non certo per la storia, che comunque mostra i suoi anni, ma per l'adattamento e l'edizione italiani, non proprio il massimo. Spero i prossimi numeri siano più curati.
Eeeve
Apr 20, 2016 Eeeve added it
ok i love cyborg 009 since i was little
Sam Koenig
Sam Koenig rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2017
Emmy Lou
Emmy Lou rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2011
Radicchio Anarcoide
Radicchio Anarcoide rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2015
#daddy D
#daddy D rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2013
Eric Vincent
Eric Vincent rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2009
R.A. Danger
R.A. Danger rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2011
Jonathan Mills
Jonathan Mills rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2010
Nathan Park
Nathan Park rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2017
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2007
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Mar 26, 2012
Tim
Tim rated it really liked it
May 06, 2015
Courtney (pirogoeth)
Courtney (pirogoeth) rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Alexandre Moreno
Alexandre Moreno rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2015
BeastMode24
BeastMode24 rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2014
Savannah
Savannah rated it liked it
May 07, 2012
Aulia Ningrum
Aulia Ningrum rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2016
Joy
Joy rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2013
Noël
Noël rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2011
Jumana Albloushi
Jumana Albloushi rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Cyborg 009 (10 books)
  • Cyborg 009, Volume 2 (Cyborg 009, #2)
  • Cyborg 009, Volume 3 (Cyborg 009, #3)
  • Cyborg 009, Volume 4 (Cyborg 009, #4)
  • Cyborg 009, Volume 5 (Cyborg 009, #5)
  • Cyborg 009, Volume 6 (Cyborg 009, #6)
  • Cyborg 009, Volume 7 (Cyborg 009, #7)
  • Cyborg 009, Volume 8 (Cyborg 009, #8)
  • Cyborg 009, Volume 9 (Cyborg 009, #9)
  • Cyborg 009, Volume 10 (Cyborg 009, #10)