Start by marking “That Winning Feeling!: Program Your Mind for Peak Performance” as Want to Read:
That Winning Feeling!: Program Your Mind for Peak Performance

That Winning Feeling!: Program Your Mind for Peak Performance

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Jane Savoie's acclaimed approach to mentally positive riding will train your mind and shape your attitudes for peak performance.
Published August 1st 1997 by Trafalgar Square Publishing (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about That Winning Feeling!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Winning Feeling!

Kspeare
This is a really readable, useful book, not just for equesrtians, but for anyone who wants to learn more positive thought patterns. I have recommended this to students with fear issues and students with performance anxiety. It's extremely practical and user-friendly.
Kim
I am a jumper and u found this book very helpful. I get nervous jumping over 2'3" and I found that using her WIN method I get the confidence I need to excel at anything I want to. I needed confidence in myself and reading that I saw that my nervousness was from my lack of confidence in myself and my negative thoughts towards a taller jump. By thinking about a jump as fun it totally changed how I approached the jump. I was amazed!! It was everything my trainer has been telling me but never clicke ...more
Becky Martin
I have gained so much from this book over the years. I find myself using techniques I've learned from this book every time I ride. I recommend this book to all of my horse friends, no matter what discipline they ride, or what level they're at.
Sue Jellum
I liked the book and it was pretty easy to read. I have a hard time getting through most non-fiction. Some of the points were more common sense than new ideas, and so far there are no miraculous improvements in my dressage tests, but maybe I need more practice with the mental tools.
Lia
This book was my first exposure to Psychocybernetics (aka positive thinking). Jane is an Olympic Dressage rider, and she just made a documentary on PBS about horses. I'll have to find out the name, because it's a very moving series and the love between horse and rider.
Jack
Jack added it
Sep 24, 2014
raja
raja marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Simone
Simone marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Judith
Judith is currently reading it
Mar 23, 2014
Judith
Judith marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Paulina
Paulina marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Jane Savoie is one of the most recognized names in dressage, and for a good reason. Her accomplishments and the breadth of her influence are impressive. She has been a member of the United States Equestrian Team and has competed for the US in Canada, Holland, Belgium, France and Germany. She was the reserve rider for the Bronze medal winning Olympic dressage team in Barcelona, Spain. She has been ...more
More about Jane Savoie...
Jane Savoie's Dressage 101: The Ultimate Source of Dressage Basics in a Language You Can Understand Cross-Train Your Horse: Book One: Simple Dressage for Every Horse, Every Sport It's Not Just about the Ribbons: It's about Enriching Riding and Life with Innovative Tools and Winning Strategies More Cross-Training: Book Two: Build a Better Athlete with Dressage Learning Relaxation and Imaging Skills (That Winning Feeling!, Tape 2)