Start by marking “The Queen's Lady (Graham, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Queen's Lady (Graham, #7)

The Queen's Lady (Graham Clan #7)

She desired him above all others...
Would he now be her executioner? — Lady Gwyneth Macleod has staked her fortune and her reputation to help Mary, Queen of Scots take her rightful place on the throne. But her struggle to guide the reckless, defiant queen has put her at perilous odds with Rowan Graham, a laird dangerously accomplished in both passion and affairs of state. A
Published October 16th 2007 by HQN Books (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Queen's Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queen's Lady

Mikal O'Boyle
Aug 24, 2013 Mikal O'Boyle rated it liked it
I snatched The Queen's Lady by Shannon Drake off the shelf of a charity shop, and happily so. I enjoyed the predictable but heavy romance between Rowan and Gwenyth and easily fell for the broody Highlander despite his Jane Eyre-esque situation. It wasn't hard to like both Rowan and Gwenth straight away, but their undying devotion to Queen Mary after her foul play towards them was unbelievable and slightly annoying. There were plenty of unrealistic scenes in this story that I was willing to toler ...more
Jane
Unless you want to click HERE for my full review, here's the tl;dr version:

Nothing special to write home about. Highly doubt I'll be reading the book again. If you want to get the gist of the story, read the wiki page for Mary, Queen of Scots.
Gabrielle Viszs
Mar 28, 2016 Gabrielle Viszs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Je suis tombée par hasard sur la couverture qui m'a attiré. Le résumé était tentant, j'ai fait la demande à mon partenaire sur netgalley et le voilà déjà lu en une soirée.

1561, une période houleuse pour l'écosse qui voit revenir sa reine, Marie, anciennement la femme du roi de France, décédé d'une grave maladie. A ses côtés, Gwenyth MacLeod qui revient au pays après une année passée loin de son Ecosse natale. Gwen va devoir, sous les ordres de sa reine, rencontrer la reine d'Angleterre Elisabeth
Vanessa
I originally gave "The Queen's Lady" three stars, but after a day of consideration I've decided to change it to two stars. You see, this author seems to have "Jekyll and Hyde syndrome". What I mean by that is this:

The first half of this book was really good, and the second half was ... well ... really bad. In fact, the style of writing in the second half of the book was so different from the first half that it seemed like it was written by a different author. The plot suddenly spun in so many di
Megan
Oct 31, 2007 Megan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Historical Romance fans and Shannon Drake/Heather Graham fans
Wow, this is a very, very good book. “The Queen’s Lady” is Ms. Drake’s latest in her “Graham” series, book 7. The last few have been okay. This one however, is excellent! I started this book a couple of months ago and put it aside to read it later because the prologue was a foretelling of actual events that come at the very end of the book. Ms. Drake has used this literary element before, which, in the past, has not helped develop a good story. So, thinking I knew how the rest of the book was go ...more
Jenni Ebba
Jan 11, 2012 Jenni Ebba rated it really liked it
I have always been a fan of Shannon Drake's vampire series. Her writing style is classy and still believable, not too whimsical as is the problem with much historical romance today.
This is a wonderful historical romance by Drake that brings both equal parts joy and tears. Gwenyth Macleod is a heroine that makes you want to cheer and bite your lip in agitation. She falls quickly for Rowan and it couldn't have happened any sweeter.
After the death of his ailing wife, Rowan admits his love to a hea
Liz
Feb 05, 2010 Liz rated it really liked it
This book was my first from Shannon Drake. I did not realize this was a series and the books are good on their own.

Gwenyth is a smart lady that is loyal to her Queen and would do and say anything to protect the Queen of Scots. Rowan is chosen to accompany Gwenyth to England to meet Queen Elizabeth and that is where the romance begins. I liked the loyatly Gwenyth had for her Queen Mary but I did think that at times it was too much. Overall the book was an enjoyable read and I am now interested i
Deirdre
May 05, 2009 Deirdre rated it liked it
This didn't quite hit the spot completely, it was interesting but it was more a historical novel than a romance novel and in some ways failed to be good in either. Set in Elizabethan England, this tells the story of Gwenyth who has just returned to Scotland with Mary Queen of Scots and finds herself trying to adapt to a different country where her religion could get her killed.

It's not a bad read but it just somehow doesn't quite hit the spot.
Julie
Jan 13, 2012 Julie rated it it was ok
Because I especially like history, I gave this two stars. I haven't read much about Mary Queen of Scots, so I liked learning a little bit about her reign/era. But really doesn't pass the mustard on the romance scales. The heroine is very loyal to the queen, but maybe too fanatical about it. That kind of put me off, caused me to lose a little respect for the heroine. Not a lot of sparks ignited for me in the romantic relations between the hero and heroine. It left much to be desired.
Jamie
May 20, 2014 Jamie rated it really liked it
I have a weakness in my heart for Shannon Drake, always have always will. She is one of the first romance writers I have ever read and she hooked me into historical romance. The details are detailed so if you don't like to feel like your swept back in time, with dresses, and historical documentation don't pick this up. But I love the Graham men!!! I wasn't in the mood to read it but I did and I will be passing it along for someone else to read but it was good and I enjoyed it.
Christy Gabel
Oct 23, 2010 Christy Gabel rated it really liked it
Shelves: tudor
Very clever historical romance set during the reign of Mary Queen of Scots and Elizabeth Tudor. Spot-on portrayal of Mary as a sincere but emotional woman who obviously doesn't have what it takes to make a good monarch. Anyone who enjoys novels set in the Tudor era will enjoy this book. Somewhat unique romance with Scotland's political upheaval of the time as a backdrop. The author's prologue had me instantly intrigued.
Anne
Jun 09, 2011 Anne rated it really liked it
Interesting read about Mary Queen of Scots.Lady Gwennyth MacLeod had bound herself to help Mary claim the throne of Scotland. she finds herdself at odds with Rowan Graham, a dangerously attractive laird. will Gwynneth;s loyalty to Mary become a dangerous liability, or will she realize that her affections may be misplaced.
Sara
Jan 09, 2011 Sara rated it did not like it
I had such a hard time trying to get through this novel. I felt like it was crammed with TOO much thinking, TOO much detail.

I don't know if it was just my bad luck or because I picked up books that seemed to be better in the same lot. But whatever it is, I barely got through this novel.
Julie
Jun 02, 2011 Julie rated it it was ok
Sooooo incredibly boring. The beginning started really well with Gwenyth's imprisonment and then went down hill from there. At the end I was just grateful the story was at an end. It was really well written though and historically interesting, it just wasn't for me.
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 10, 2011 Dawn ♥ romance rated it liked it
This story was mostly historical data with political strategy and not a lot of romance. I started skimming early reading only dialog but I did finish. I didn't care for the layout of the story, the prologue. Lady Gwenyth served Mary Queen of Scots when she met Laird Rowan.
Paula
Jun 17, 2014 Paula rated it it was amazing
I THOUGHT THIS BOOK WAS PART OF THE GRAHAM SERIES, BUT IT WAS NOT. I READ IS ANYWAY AND ENJOYED IT EMENSLY. I EXPERIENCED MANY EMOTION WHILE READING IT, WHICH I FEEL MAKES A GOOD BOOK.
P.S I USUALLY ONLY READ BOOKS IN A SERIES.
Michelle
Aug 23, 2012 Michelle rated it it was ok
As much as I loved her other books, this one left me wanting. I think the prolog set me off on the wrong foot to begin with. I almost felt like I knew what was going to happen already and thought I really didn't need to read the rest of the book.
Ashley
Jul 24, 2011 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I love the beginning it draws you into the story and makes you go WHAT HAPPENED!!! It was one of the best romance books I have read in a long time!!!
Jan 02, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it
The heroine was rather stupid and stubborn at times, which got annoying after a while. Not a bad book, but not one of Drake's best efforts.
Shannon
Awsome book!!!
Heather
Nov 13, 2010 Heather rated it liked it
It took me so long to actually get into this book and I really don't understand why because it was pretty good.
anolinde
Mar 16, 2012 anolinde rated it did not like it
The plot was ridiculous and there was hardly any sex in the sex scenes, lol. Romance novels can get away with skimping on one or the other, but both? Nope.
Ilze
Ilze rated it really liked it
May 04, 2017
Taline Michaelian
Taline Michaelian rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Kelli Doederlein
Kelli Doederlein rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Umair Ahmed
Umair Ahmed rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2012
Sydney
Sydney rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Dee Austin
Dee Austin rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
May 27, 2012
Kat
Kat rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2017
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 12, 2015 10:58AM
  • The De Burgh Bride (de Burgh, #2)
  • The Return Of The Prodigal (Romney Marsh #6)
  • Captured Heart (Highland Hearts, #1)
  • The Overlord's Bride (Warrior, #13)
  • A Knight's Honor
  • Dream of Me
  • The Viking's Woman (Viking, #2)
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • Bold Angel
  • Anlaşma
  • The Scandals of an Innocent (The Brides of Fortune, #2)
  • Surrender to the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #2)
  • Keeping Paige (Divinity Warriors, #3)
  • Tempting the Marshal
  • The Highlander (Graham-Lennox #1)
  • The Maiden's Hand (Tudor Rose #2)
Heather Graham Pozzessere
aka Heather Graham, Shannon Drake

Heather Graham was born on March 15, 1953 and grew up in Dade County, Florida, and attended the University of South Florida at Tampa, majoring in theater arts and touring Europe and parts of Asia and Africa as part of her studies. After college, she acted in dinner theaters, modeled, waitressed, and tended bar. She married Hershey Dennis Po
More about Shannon Drake...

Graham Clan (7 books)
  • Come the Morning (Graham, #1)
  • Conquer The Night (Graham, #2)
  • Seize The Dawn (Graham, #3)
  • Knight Triumphant (Graham, #4)
  • The Lion In Glory (Graham, #5)
  • When We Touch (Graham, #6)