Start by marking “Spirit Wars: Winning the Invisible Battle Against Sin and the Enemy” as Want to Read:
Spirit Wars: Winning the Invisible Battle Against Sin and the Enemy

Spirit Wars: Winning the Invisible Battle Against Sin and the Enemy

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  323 ratings  ·  33 reviews
A unique and freeing message for believers trapped by anxiety, depression, panic attacks, and more in a bold new battle plan from a bestselling author.
ebook
Published January 1st 2012 by Chosen Books

To ask other readers questions about Spirit Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirit Wars

James
As I am reflecting on the nature of sin this season, I thought it would be worthwhile to read a book from a Charismatic/Pentecostal perspective. This book talks about the invisible battle we face as we seek to live holy lives. As someone who’s diabolic imagination has been set aflame by Screwtape Letters I accept the world that Kris Vallotton describes in Spirit Wars: Winning the invisible Battle Against Sin and the Enemy. I have attended charismatic churches and been around when people were pra ...more
Victor Gentile
Kris Vallotton in his new book, “Spirit Wars” published by Chosen Books helps us in Winning the Invisible Battle Against Sin and the Enemy.
From the Back Cover: You know the battle is raging–but are you fighting the right enemy?

Just as enemies fought Joshua in the Promised Land, and Nehemiah faced opposition as he rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem, our enemy will fight us as we approach the spiritual terrain God has promised us. Most Christians retreat at the first sign of conflict because they fail
Brad Kittle
Spirit wars was very good. There are a few points in the book that I might disagree with or at least I am not sure of. His take on the flesh is under review! I heard him teach on that subject and it just didn't set with me. But, I thought overall the book was really, really helpful and good. He makes great points about generation curses, well meaning Christians who don't take authority in their lives, the love of God and its power in our lives and others, deliverance ministry and some other topi ...more
Andrew
In Spirit Wars, Kris Vallotton wrote an awesome book on the spiritual world and how to stand against the demonic forces that are attacking us. Kris has experienced firsthand attacks from Satan and his demonic forces. He has suffered from panic attacks and depression. He became free! Vallotton discovered Nehemiah teaches believers the ways Satan attacks believers. Nehemiah was trying to rebuild the walls and gates around Jerusalem. Sanballat criticized Nehemiah by trying to stop him from rebuildi ...more
Pilar
Spirit Wars is an interesting book to say the least. I was definitely intrigued by Kris Vallotton's personal testimony and experience with spiritual warfare. I have read many books on this topic and I have to say that this was a very different and unique book on the subject.

Kris Vallotton writes with honesty as he conveys his personal and spiritual experiences. The first chapter deals with the premise by which he wrote this book. His goal is for people to be set free from demonic strongholds. I
Gail Welborn

Kris Valloton’s new release, “Spirit wars” teaches how to battle against and wrest control from an invisible, devious and deceptive enemy who uses mind games to wage war. He writes about a spiritual war he personally fought and won that began with a “panic attack” when “…an intense thought hit him…” as he climbed from a refreshing, relaxing bath: “I am going to die.”

That attack, “… was the beginning of a three-and-a-half-year journey through hell” reports Kris. An attack that began with insane,
Melanie
A GREATTTTTTTTTTTT read for taking back authority when you've allowed the enemy to deceive you and believed lies and agreed with him. Very practical. An amazing manual. Kris has been through the ringer with the enemy so a lot of this book has been based on his own life not just stories of other people. He's lived it! Love this book! But, I haven't read a bad book by Kris Vallotton either! One of my favs!
Hye Sung
For all the hype built up for this book, I was slightly disappointed. Though there are many great teachings found in here, a lot of it seems to be poor exegesis. His writing style, which is very conversational, also kind of annoys me. When he used the word "doo-doo", I got sad. His testimonies, though, are extremely powerful and it is evident that he has had a lot of training in deliverance.
Trevor Lloyd
Read this for a second time this year, and really appreciated it more the second time. I have found this really helpful as a book which takes seriously the reality and serious issues of spiritual warfare and demonic oppression of Christians but without getting too flaky or bizarre (though I guess bizarre is in the eye of the beholder!). He gives a reasonable biblical and theological basis for his position while still keeping it accessible. He recognises how 'deliverance' ministry has sometimes d ...more
Lynn
I found this after listening to podcasts of weekly sermons from the Bethel Church in Redding, CA, where Vallotton is the senior associate leader. Being a religious mongrel, I read books from the Baptist to the Catholic viewpoints, and much in between. I very much enjoyed Frank Perreti's "This Present Darkness" series as well as biographies about Pope John Paul and Pope Francis.
I took my time reading through this as I used it during times of personal stress and unrest. It provided insight into wh
Kate
This book equips the reader with the tools needed for recognizing and combatting evil forces at work in our lives everyday. The author uses scripture passages that correspond with the material being presented. Included are many real life stories and the authors as well dealing with many of the chapters in the book.
I seem to gravitate towards the thinking of "what if this happens or that?" I found my answers here and now know how satan can take life circumstances such as fear and cause weakness i
Linda
We live in the realm of two different worlds, the visible one we see with our earthly eyes and the invisible spiritual one that isn’t always visible, the one we sometimes see with our spiritual eyes. God created both worlds, and He has omnipotent power over both! Whether one believes in the invisible world or not, it still exists. It’s the evil entity of the invisible world that we war against in the power of the Holy Spirit. (Read the 6th chapter of Ephesians for a better understanding.)

Kris te
Irene
Everyone who says that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior, regardless of denomination, needs to read this book. Kris Vallotton clearly conveys what happens in the spirit realm as the enemy seeks to terrorize God's children. My mind was blown with how simple and powerful the information was; he put to words some of my own struggles as well as gave me tools to help myself (and hopefully others) overcome those nagging ugly voices threatening to cause us harm. For me, Vallotton's writing style is ...more
Rebecca Taylor
I LOVE this book! It opened my eyes to so many things that were just festering from my past! Things I needed to let go of and be free from the bondage that made me just an absolutely miserable person! Definitely a must red for everyone!!!
Brian
I really enjoyed this book. It is kind of an overview of a bunch of spiritual topics. It isn't as deep as some more specific books are but it gives you a good foundation and ideas where to look next. I learned quite a bit from this and found the examples and stories very helpful. This topic isn't normally covered at my church, and I suspect many other churches, but it is very necessary. We need more people teaching on this subject that are able to equip the body to walk in authority.
Rachel Maria
Kris Vallotton is a brilliant writer. This book is not recommended for rose-colored glasses. It's one thing to acknowledge God and proclaim your belief in Him. It's quite another to acknowledge demonic spirits; not only how they exist but how they can take hold of one's spiritual, physical, and emotional well being.

Vallotton presents vivid details of his own life and encounters with the spiritual realm. It is eye-opening, biblically based, and compelling.
Danielle
Excellent, excellent book. I didn't finish it, only because I felt that I was receiving good resources and input outside this book during this season, and not all the information was relevant to me right now. But I hope to pick it up again in the future, great perspective, reminders, and commission for everyone!
Joy Hamilton
Was a great inspirational read, would most definitely recommend and plan to read it again.
Margaret
I enjoyed this book and gleaned some good info but seemed a bit too remedial and I had hoped for more depth. His writing style seemed a bit immature to me and this disappointed me; perhaps this was because he was trying to hard to be relate-able to his audience.
Gloria Russell
It's the author's own story, so it's very interesting and enlightening.
David Clare
Really honest, personal, insightful and inspirational. This book brings together powerful truth and revelation with good humour and wisdom. Lent by a friend at just the right time!
D.
Fair book, not great. Author covers some basics but doesn't go deeply enough IMO. I'd already known all the info he had in this book from other books. No new revelations really.
Kim
It's very interesting if you want to know more about the spiritual realm. It's in line with the word of God. Author has wrote about it from experience.
Kim Zimmerman
PLEASE READ...awesome, full of wisdom and spiritual minded authority ...it is what most of us need to be reminded of !
Sara
Sometimes I find a book that speaks to my heart and explains so much of what goes on in my life. I LOVED this book!!!
Bob Gundert
Awesome book, very encouraging and enlightening. I enjoyed every page of it.
Sonya
Great book! Love the chapter about prisoners & captives & how to get free.
Linn Landry
This was a great book explaining the spiritual realm. A great read!!
Heather
Great book. Scripturally sound. Made a ton of sense. Helped me a lot.
Angela Kennelly
Many good points in this book. I like his transparency.
  • Face to Face with God: Transform Your Life with His Daily Presence
  • Culture of Honor: Sustaining a Supernatural Environment
  • The Essential Guide To Healing
  • The Happy Intercessor
  • The School of the Seers: A Practical Guide on How to See in the Unseen Realm
  • Jesus Culture: Living a Life That Transforms the World
  • Experiencing Father's Embrace
  • Purging Your House, Pruning Your Family Tree: How to Rid Your Home and Family of Demonic Influence and Generational Oppression
  • Compelled by Love: How to Change the World Through the Simple Power of Love in Action
  • Heaven Is Now: Awakening Your Five Spiritual Senses to the Wonders of Grace
  • The Seer
  • Gifts & Ministries of the Holy Spirit-New Trade
  • Red Moon Rising: How 24-7 Prayer Is Awakening a Generation
  • Gods Generals Volume 1: Why They Succeeded and Why Some Fail
Kris Vallotton is the senior associate pastor under the senior pastor Bill Johnson at Bethel Church in Redding, California
More about Kris Vallotton...
The Supernatural Ways of Royalty Heavy Rain: Renew the Church, Transform the World Developing a Supernatural Lifestyle: A Practical Guide to a Life of Signs, Wonders, and Miracles Purity: The New Moral Revolution Moral Revolution: The Naked Truth About Sexual Purity

“The normal Christian Life is not supposed to be an exhausting wrestling match with a dead man, but is an abundant, joy-filled life with God, salted with an occasional season of strong resistance from our archenemy.” 6 likes