Start by marking “Sword of the Deceiver (Isavalta, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sword of the Deceiver (Isavalta, #4)

Sword of the Deceiver (Isavalta #4)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  8 reviews
For five hundred years, the great southern empire of Hastinapura has flourished, ruling the world of Isavalta with an iron fist. But nothing lasts forever . . .The day of her womanhood ceremony finds Princess Natharie of Sindhu happily celebrating with her family, joyfully awaiting her marriage to a prince of another realm. However, when the empire demands that her family ...more
ebook
Published May 1st 2012 by Prologue Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sword of the Deceiver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sword of the Deceiver

Keelin Perala
I had forgotten how skilfully Sarah Zettel crafts characters that fail to fit the dichotomy of good and evil I have come to particularly expect in Fantasy novels. She weaves characters whose viewpoints are often shaped by common human weaknesses and hardship. This, and her believably strong, self-driven female protagonists has elevated her as one of my very favorite fantasy authors.

Sword of the Deceiver also contained her signature strong female protagonist and complex characters, this time wove
Daniel
Apr 03, 2008 Daniel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Another enjoyable book, by Sarah Zettel. All her books are well written. This one explores the mythology of Hinduism and Buddhism. Though the names have been changed, and the Hindi religion is more matriarchal. Also, the Buddhism is a combination of Mahayana and Tibetan, not the older Theravada style. Still, overall very enjoyable, blending of Myth, and folklore, with believable characters.
Jilly
Just wish these were in some sort of chronological order.
Shardis
Nov 12, 2007 Shardis marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I haven't gotten all the way through this series. I need to go back and reread it, I think, in order, since I think I missed something along the way. For those that like a mix of Russian mythos with their literature, this is a great series.
John
Great book, highly engaging plot by a writer that is versed in both Science Fiction and Fantasy. It really deserved four and a half stars, but since we can't do that, I just gave it four stars.
Kristen

Might have made a lot more sense if I had read the books for which this is apparently a prequel. As it was, there were vast stretches of this book that I was bored/lost.
Nikki
A lovely prequel. I thought the world could have been a little more detailed and the characters a bit more developed, though.
ares
ares added it
Dec 20, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Ina
Ina added it
Nov 28, 2014
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Ilana Amzallag
Ilana Amzallag marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Pascal
Pascal added it
Aug 04, 2014
Eliora
Eliora marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
  • The Nargun and the Stars
  • Speak to the Devil (The Brothers Magnus, #1)
  • Hags, Sirens, and Other Bad Girls of Fantasy
  • By the Mountain Bound (The Edda of Burdens, #2)
  • Scatterlings
  • The Gods of Amyrantha (Tide Lords, #2)
  • The Night Bird (Lost Continent #5)
  • The Bone Forest (Mythago Wood, #3)
  • Vivia
  • Karavans (Karavans, #1)
  • The Queen's Agent: Francis Walsingham at the Court of Elizabeth I
  • Master of Dragons (The Dragonvarld Trilogy, #3)
  • The Lady of the Sorrows (The Bitterbynde, #2)
  • The Treasure Keeper (Drakon, #4)
  • SEAL Team 666
  • Elemental Magic (Includes: Moon, #6.5)
  • The Ships of Air (The Fall of Ile-Rien, #2)
  • Hot Desert Nights (includes: Royal Brides, #6)
Sarah Zettel is the critically acclaimed author of more than twenty novels, spanning the full range of genre fiction. Her debut novel, Reclamation, won the Locus Award for Best First Novel. Her second release, Fool’s War, was a 1997 New York Times Notable Book, and the American Library Association named Playing God one of the Best Books for Young Adults of 1999. Her novel Bitter Angels won the Phi ...more
More about Sarah Zettel...
Dust Girl (The American Fairy, #1) Palace of Spies (Palace of Spies, #1) In Camelot's Shadow (The Paths to Camelot, #1) A Taste of the Nightlife (Vampire Chef, #1) A Sorcerer's Treason (Isavalta, #1)