Start by marking “Camelot's Blood (The Paths to Camelot, #4)” as Want to Read:
Camelot's Blood (The Paths to Camelot, #4)

Camelot's Blood (The Paths to Camelot #4)

An evocative and highly engaging romantic fantasy set in the evocative time of King Arthur.Laurel Carnbrea, Queen of Cambryn, arrives at Camelot to marry a man she has never met - Sir Agravain, the brother of the renowned Sir Gawain. Laurel has heard that Agravain is a reserved and cold man, but marriage to King Arthur's nephew will give vital protection to her own lands. ...more
ebook
Published May 1st 2012 by Prologue Books

Nikki
In some ways, I think Laurel and Agravain are my favourite couple of the four, at least on this go round. They have a slightly different storyline -- an arranged marriage, a slower path to love, two coldly political partners -- and both have had build-up in previous books. It's especially good to see the human side of Agravain; in a way, he's more believable than his brothers because he's not perfect, he's damaged and rough around the edges, but he's still good.

I've always enjoyed Zettel's willi
Apricity
I wouldn't categorize this book as a romance because its entire plot depends on family - what it means to have a sibling, whether those siblings get along (Laurel and her sister), do not get along (Agravain & Gawain) or feel both emotions (Morgause & Morgaine), and what it means to sacrifice for family or for one's people without recognition or any gain.

Agravain

Agravain met his brother’s eyes and saw there none of Gawain’s pride, and very little of his hero’s certainty. For once, there
A.M.
Apparently, this book is one of a series. And it’s not even the first in the series. It’s a credit to the book that I was able to pick it up and enjoy it without knowing anything about what had happened before.

Let’s be honest: I felt faintly ridiculous carrying this book around town. It has the word “Camelot” in the title. It has a woman in a medieval dress on the cover. And swirly things.

Some romances are so unbelievably ridiculous that you’ve got to laugh while you read them. (Like, for exampl
Nikki
See the first book of this series, Camelot's Shadow, for my full review of this series.

Reread in February 2010.

I really love this book. I don't remember how strongly I felt about it the first time, but I have a thing for second sons in fiction, second sons like Agravain -- the quieter, grimmer ones, the dutiful ones with their hidden passions and their determinations. Agravain is a perfect example, and it's also interesting that in this story, he and Laurel fall in love after their marriage, whi
Michelle O'flynn
I really enjoyed this. Not having a real yearning for a lot of Arthurian legendary novels, but have read a few different takes on this famous tale, I found that Zettel blended a lot of what if beleived to be ture, but put her own perspective to how things were/could have been, which is what you want. Great rea, and I hope I like the others in the series too.
Nicole
Feb 11, 2012 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've only read the first and last books in the series since they followed my favorite of the brothers. In Camelot's Shadow might still be my fave although I like Agravain and Laurel a lot. Zettel's heroes are flawed. I like that.
Lucia
Dec 19, 2013 Lucia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favourite book in the series. I love the perspective of the plot. arranged marriage, cold and flawed characters...
Jess
Jun 19, 2009 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading from Agravain's view was interesting and better than I expected. Favourite Paths to Camelot book yet!
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2011
Cassandre Hubert
Cassandre Hubert rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2012
Louisa
Louisa rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2010
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2014
Katia Kennedy
Katia Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2012
Aimee
Aimee rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2009
Claire Ashleigh
Claire Ashleigh rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2012
Sara buchanan
Sara buchanan rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2011
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Jayde
Jayde rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2011
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2013
Andrea Bowes
Andrea Bowes rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
Jamila
Jamila rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2011
Dawn Conner
Dawn Conner rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2013
Krista
Krista rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2013
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2014
TaylorLordRyan
TaylorLordRyan rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2014
Connie
Connie rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2013
Leah Anderson
Leah Anderson rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Eileen Tan
Eileen Tan rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 16, 2015 07:12AM
  • Dark Moon of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon, #2)
  • Gawain (Knights Of The Round Table, #3)
  • Queen of the Summer Stars (Guinevere, #2)
  • In the Shadow of the Oak King (Dragon's Heirs, #1)
  • Wise Woman's Telling (Morgan Le Fay, #1)
  • The Road to Camlann. The Death of King Arthur
  • Warrior of the West (King Arthur, #2)
  • Prince of Dreams: A Tale of Tristan and Esyllte
  • Beloved Exile (Firelord, #2)
  • The Legend of the King (The Squire's Tales, #10)
  • Arcana Vol 1
  • The Book of the Sword (Hallowed Isle, #1)
  • The Idylls of the Queen: A Tale of Queen Guenevere
  • Shalott (Shalott, #1)
  • A Kiss for My Prince: Volume 1
  • World's End
  • The Queen's Knight, Volume 1
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 04
Sarah Zettel is the critically acclaimed author of more than twenty novels, spanning the full range of genre fiction. Her debut novel, Reclamation, won the Locus Award for Best First Novel. Her second release, Fool’s War, was a 1997 New York Times Notable Book, and the American Library Association named Playing God one of the Best Books for Young Adults of 1999. Her novel Bitter Angels won the Phi ...more
More about Sarah Zettel...

The Paths to Camelot (4 books)
  • In Camelot's Shadow (The Paths to Camelot, #1)
  • For Camelot's Honor (The Paths to Camelot, #2)
  • Under Camelot's Banner (The Paths to Camelot, #3)