Start by marking “Camelot's Blood (The Paths to Camelot, #4)” as Want to Read:
Camelot's Blood (The Paths to Camelot, #4)

Camelot's Blood (The Paths to Camelot #4)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  9 reviews
An evocative and highly engaging romantic fantasy set in the evocative time of King Arthur.Laurel Carnbrea, Queen of Cambryn, arrives at Camelot to marry a man she has never met - Sir Agravain, the brother of the renowned Sir Gawain. Laurel has heard that Agravain is a reserved and cold man, but marriage to King Arthur's nephew will give vital protection to her own lands. ...more
ebook
Published May 1st 2012 by Prologue Books

To ask other readers questions about Camelot's Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camelot's Blood

Nikki
In some ways, I think Laurel and Agravain are my favourite couple of the four, at least on this go round. They have a slightly different storyline -- an arranged marriage, a slower path to love, two coldly political partners -- and both have had build-up in previous books. It's especially good to see the human side of Agravain; in a way, he's more believable than his brothers because he's not perfect, he's damaged and rough around the edges, but he's still good.

I've always enjoyed Zettel's willi
Apricity
I wouldn't categorize this book as a romance because its entire plot depends on family - what it means to have a sibling, whether those siblings get along (Laurel and her sister), do not get along (Agravain & Gawain) or feel both emotions (Morgause & Morgaine), and what it means to sacrifice for family or for one's people without recognition or any gain.

Agravain

Agravain met his brother’s eyes and saw there none of Gawain’s pride, and very little of his hero’s certainty. For once, there
A.M.
Apparently, this book is one of a series. And it’s not even the first in the series. It’s a credit to the book that I was able to pick it up and enjoy it without knowing anything about what had happened before.

Let’s be honest: I felt faintly ridiculous carrying this book around town. It has the word “Camelot” in the title. It has a woman in a medieval dress on the cover. And swirly things.

Some romances are so unbelievably ridiculous that you’ve got to laugh while you read them. (Like, for exampl
Nikki
See the first book of this series, Camelot's Shadow, for my full review of this series.

Reread in February 2010.

I really love this book. I don't remember how strongly I felt about it the first time, but I have a thing for second sons in fiction, second sons like Agravain -- the quieter, grimmer ones, the dutiful ones with their hidden passions and their determinations. Agravain is a perfect example, and it's also interesting that in this story, he and Laurel fall in love after their marriage, whi
Michelle O'flynn
I really enjoyed this. Not having a real yearning for a lot of Arthurian legendary novels, but have read a few different takes on this famous tale, I found that Zettel blended a lot of what if beleived to be ture, but put her own perspective to how things were/could have been, which is what you want. Great rea, and I hope I like the others in the series too.
Nicole
I've only read the first and last books in the series since they followed my favorite of the brothers. In Camelot's Shadow might still be my fave although I like Agravain and Laurel a lot. Zettel's heroes are flawed. I like that.
Lucia
My favourite book in the series. I love the perspective of the plot. arranged marriage, cold and flawed characters...
Jess
Reading from Agravain's view was interesting and better than I expected. Favourite Paths to Camelot book yet!
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Erin Havelka
Erin Havelka marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
♥Juvia♥
♥Juvia♥ marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Dogsmom Laura
Dogsmom Laura marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Howardtu
Howardtu marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Carol Mclamb
Carol Mclamb marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Vanessa Tamra
Vanessa Tamra marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Aiyesha
Aiyesha marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Aubrey Boyett
Aubrey Boyett marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Leonie
Leonie marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 16, 2015 07:12AM
  • In the Shadow of the Oak King (Dragon's Heirs, #1)
  • The Book of the Sword (Hallowed Isle, #1)
  • Dark Moon of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon, #2)
  • Warrior of the West (King Arthur, #2)
  • Queen of the Summer Stars (Guinevere, #2)
  • Road to Camlann: The Death of King Arthur
  • The Idylls of the Queen: A Tale of Queen Guenevere
  • Grail Prince
  • Lancelot
  • The Legend of the King (The Squire's Tales, #10)
  • Beloved Exile (Firelord, #2)
  • Arcana Vol 1
  • The Last Pendragon
  • In Winter's Shadow
  • A Kiss for My Prince: Volume 1
  • Shalott (Shalott, #1)
  • The Queen's Knight, Volume 1
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 4
Sarah Zettel is the critically acclaimed author of more than twenty novels, spanning the full range of genre fiction. Her debut novel, Reclamation, won the Locus Award for Best First Novel. Her second release, Fool’s War, was a 1997 New York Times Notable Book, and the American Library Association named Playing God one of the Best Books for Young Adults of 1999. Her novel Bitter Angels won the Phi ...more
More about Sarah Zettel...

The Paths to Camelot (4 books)
  • In Camelot's Shadow (The Paths to Camelot, #1)
  • For Camelot's Honor (The Paths to Camelot, #2)
  • Under Camelot's Banner (The Paths to Camelot, #3)
Dust Girl (The American Fairy, #1) Palace of Spies (Palace of Spies, #1) In Camelot's Shadow (The Paths to Camelot, #1) A Taste of the Nightlife (Vampire Chef, #1) A Sorcerer's Treason (Isavalta, #1)