Start by marking “A Certain Kind of Magic” as Want to Read:
A Certain Kind of Magic

A Certain Kind of Magic

When NYPD police detective Morgan Reilly discovers the lamp and frees the djinn, she thinks she’s hallucinating. After all, she’s just back on the job after a high-speed chase left her with a head injury, and it’s not the first visual hallucination she’s had since the auto accident.

But freeing the djinn brings Mere, an exiled merman, charging into her life. He and his side
Published June 4th 2012 by Crimson Romance (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Certain Kind of Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Certain Kind of Magic

Irene
Jul 04, 2012 Irene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, let me say that this book is WAY better than the blurb, which totally failed to capture my imagination. I recommend you read the preview - which is what hooked me into an immediate buy!

I love the way Jessica Starre blends her contemporary no-nonsense heroine with her high-fantasy hero. She moves effortlessly between a very contemporary sensibility to the lyrical language of fantasy. A Certain Kind of Magic is the perfect blend of sensual romance and action. Despite the strong rom
Stephanie Freeman
Jul 08, 2012 Stephanie Freeman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve never been one to read a paranormal novel, but a Certain Kind of Magic had just that....a kind of magic that just drew you in from the first page. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. My all time favorite character had to be Mere, there was something so intense about him that you simply could not look away. As a girl I read all sorts of fantasy novels so the existence of elves and sprites wasn’t new to me, this book surpassed them all. Ms. Starre wove this wonderful story that was so re ...more
Ethel the Read It
I have left a neutral rating for this book as I did not finish it, the writing was not bad at all, but just could not bring myself to care for the main character, read to about half way and then gave up.
The Watsons's
The Watsons's rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2017
Dani
Dani rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Llflower
Llflower rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2017
Erin Richards
Erin Richards rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2012
Brittface
Brittface rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
2readmore
2readmore rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2015
DeNelle
DeNelle rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Denise Young
Denise Young rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Jessica
Jun 05, 2012 Jessica added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2012
Fire
Fire marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Minnie Dreamer
Minnie Dreamer marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2013
Jacqueline Abernathy
Jacqueline Abernathy marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Dark Luna Rose
Dark Luna Rose marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Ichi
Ichi marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015